The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Peter Green
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-25-2003, 06:20 AM
Ledgie

Default An Evening With Peter Green Splinter Group In Concert.

Hi,
Recieved my copy of the new DVD yesterday, and watched it last night. Verdict: Very very good. It captures the band exactly as you remember them, when seeing them live on the 2003 tour.
There are some extra goodies on the disc including the full video shot for 'Real World'. This is a gem as Peter real does play up to the camera and is highly animated. There is a interview with Nigel and Peter telling the story/history of the PG comeback etc. Also included is the European tour film which is quite funny.For those of you who are intending to purchase this DVD, I have the following tip with regard to accessing this part of the disc. when you go to the main menu it appears that this part has been left off, but if you wait a few seconds the tour bus arrives from the left side of screen-:quickly select the title 'Tour Bus' and Hey Presto you will then see this film. In fact the main menu screen is really cool with 'The Green Manalishi' playing.
Hope this information helps.
Regards.
Blue Horizon.
Old 09-25-2003, 07:28 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Smile

Thanks Blue Horizon, that was a great run down of it.

I had heard the Euro tour film was on there but I didn't know about it (sounding to me) like being a "hidden easter egg" bonus piece (as that's what it sounds like they tried to do with the "tour bus showing up late" on the menu.

I got an e mail saying my copy has been shipped so I should get that soon.

Don't mean to go off topic here but I just got my expanded "A hard road yesterday and it is very good.

A couple minor irritations (like they list one of the Mayall/Butterfield EP tracks as "All of my life" but the original vinyl which I have here says "All my life" and as they wanted to include PG's guest appearance on "First time alone" from Mayall's "Blues from Laurel Canyon" they were forced to do a manual fade on the track at the beginning and end (due to that album flowing together from one song to the next with no fades) and I'm OK with the fade in at the beginning but with their early fade at the end, there is about 10 seconds left on the BFLC CD which can't be heard on the expanded "A hard road" and that part does include some nice Green licks so I guess I'll still have to hang on to my BFLC CD to hear that track in full. This has been a common thing over the years of course and I'm willing to let a few seconds slide on not being on a disc if it means it cleans up the collection by compiling all the odds and ends (and naturally it's very preferable if those few seconds ARE there but beggars can't be choosers) but this was a borderline decision. Last but not least, they couldn't have conducted much proof reading as the CD has the Deram logo but when you look at the spine of the CD they spell the label as "Derum" ) but still very well put together and those that only collect Green's Mayall appearances will be most pleased with this disc.

As a collector of the legally released recordings of all 16 members of FM though, it's just kinda annoying that I'll still need to hang on to "Looking back", "Through the years", "Raw blues" etc. as they still have tracks that only John McVie plays on (in regards to FM member appearances on Mayall recordings i.e. "Crawling up a hill", "Mr. James" etc.) and as the length on the expanded AHR discs are like 54+ & 60+ minutes each (respectively) then time wise they probably could've fit all the "McVie only rare Mayall tracks" as they had like 43+ free minutes to work with but heck, I won't complain, overall it's a great package and I respect that they were just thinking about Green collectors when putting this togethr and not Mac ones as such. Perhaps if they do an expanded version of "Crusade" or "John Mayall Plays John Mayall (Live at Klooks Kleek)" then they might turn up on there but again, I'll believe that when I see it too. Sorry for the ramble anyways, just came to mind is all when speaking of "current" releases, back to the PGSG DVD talk now.

John
Old 09-25-2003, 05:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Re: An Evening With Peter Green Splinter Group In Concert.

Quote:
Originally posted by Blue Horizon
Verdict: Very very good. It captures the band exactly as you remember them, when seeing them live on the 2003 tour.
That's all the persuasion I needed to go and get my copy tomorrow from HMV!

I look forward to seeing PG for the 2nd time this year (and 3rd time in total) in December.

Old 09-26-2003, 11:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Talking Me too!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by seteca
I look forward to seeing PG for the 2nd time this year (and 3rd time in total) in December.
I'll be seeing him for the FIRST time!! CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-05-2003, 05:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I'll second that, that this DVD is defiently worth buying, just to hear the version of Man Of The World.

The DVD is well packaged and has 147min of Peter Green goodies on it, now if only FM could produce something like this instead of re-hashing the Tango DVD!

http://stillgoinginsane.fleetwoodmac-uk.com
Still Going Insane - A Lindsey Buckingham Resource
Old 10-06-2003, 03:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

i also got this when it came out
actualy i had already pre-ordered it trought amazon/uk
but it came out over here earlier
so i canseled my order nd bought it
i love it
unfortunatelly i missed the shows they did in holland
i found out to late and it was impossibel to get tickets
so this dvd was a new experience for me and kind of cool to as i had never heard live versions for lets say real world
wich wqs my favorite song from the time traders album
(cool that the video is included)
but it also lists as extra feature on the back : juxebox
but i was unable to find this
anyone know what this is ? and more importantly where on the disc menu it is i mean is it maybe also an easter egg?

greetings marc