Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-02-2019, 09:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
Making a good new album.

And that was 22-32 years ago. I’d written off ever seeing her again, now she’s playing solos reminiscent of 1972. Not bad, not bad…Certainly wouldn’t have happened under different circumstances.
I wonder if they all were held hostage by Lindsey's moods and anger for years and now he is gone we are seeing a slow coming back to life by Chris and the rest of the four.

Last edited by mitzo; 04-02-2019 at 09:00 PM.. Reason: Typo
Old 04-26-2019, 09:02 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitzo View Post
I wonder if they all were held hostage by Lindsey's moods and anger for years and now he is gone we are seeing a slow coming back to life by Chris and the rest of the four.

LOL coming from the person who just spent days whining about people coming over to the Stevie forum to dare speak negatively about Stevie and how all that negativity ruined the ledge. LMAO.

Last edited by BigAl84; 04-26-2019 at 09:04 AM..
Old 04-26-2019, 09:09 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I don't understand how all this crap about stale setlists falls back on Lindsey's shoulders.

Even the "new band" introduced "deep cuts" and guess what? those were cut too and replaced with "Gypsy"

That argument is complete bunk, IMO.

I'd bet some coin that it wasn't Lindsey's choice to cut "Running Through The Garden" or "Destiny Rules" in 2003/2004.
Old 04-27-2019, 07:19 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl84 View Post
I don't understand how all this crap about stale setlists falls back on Lindsey's shoulders.

Even the "new band" introduced "deep cuts" and guess what? those were cut too and replaced with "Gypsy"

That argument is complete bunk, IMO.

I'd bet some coin that it wasn't Lindsey's choice to cut "Running Through The Garden" or "Destiny Rules" in 2003/2004.
Didn't Mick mention in an interview that he wanted to put "Sisters" back in the set...this had to be in 2009 because I don't think it was during the SYW era. And he said "someone" vetoed him. I really can't imagine that was Lindsey's doing. Obviously, at some point "someone" was convinced to bring it back in 2013.

These people are conservative and boring in their song choices in general. Blaming Lindsey makes the least amount of sense. He has demonstrated a willingness to go out and play new songs and pull out obscure tunes. My problem with his choices is he gets hell bent on sticking with them - I Know I'm Not Wrong" being a prime example. Pull it out for a tour or two, but there are other options from the same album that could have been played as time went on.

The present incarnation of Fleetwood Mac had a perfect opportunity to shake the set up. They did briefly, and then almost immediately, they took most of the interesting choices and got rid of them. And, for the life of me, I will never understand how Christine continues to ignore her pre-1975 catalog. She has AMAZING songs that have been ignored for most of her career and instead chooses to play something off of Time on this tour.

Last edited by jmn3; 04-27-2019 at 07:21 AM..