Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-28-2008, 04:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Oh, I'll be gone, don't worry.

Posts 12 and 13 are from people who I deeply respect. They always respond nicely to me. Fock off you two, because you've never respected me.
No, I'm here to finish a 5 year-membership. I've received some PM's and I wanted to respond to gldstwmn, because I DO like her. You guys don't have a clue about what mess this board has made from a community that really bonded friends. They're mostly kicked out or fed up with the board. I've swallowed a lot of **** for a long time and now it's bye. I Know that there are a few people here that liked my existance as shackin'up on the ledge. And I know that there are some people who will miss me as toothache. Whaever.

Old 04-28-2008, 04:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by shackin'up View Post
I've received some PM's and I wanted to respond to gldstwmn, because I DO like her.
Awww...I like you too Gerald. I hope you reconsider. You will be missed.
Old 04-28-2008, 05:00 PM
Supporting Ledgie

Unhappy

I dont want anyone to leave.
Old 04-28-2008, 07:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Posts 12 and 13 are from people who I deeply respect. They always respond nicely to me. Fock off you two, because you've never respected me.
No, I'm here to finish a 5 year-membership. I've received some PM's and I wanted to respond to gldstwmn, because I DO like her. You guys don't have a clue about what mess this board has made from a community that really bonded friends. They're mostly kicked out or fed up with the board. I've swallowed a lot of **** for a long time and now it's bye. I Know that there are a few people here that liked my existance as shackin'up on the ledge. And I know that there are some people who will miss me as toothache. Whaever.
So GO already. Why do you have to drag this out, and in the process drag this forum (and everyone who currently posts) under the bus? You are essentially telling those of us who remain, in your very self-important way, that we are not worthy of your high and mighty presence. You could have just honorably disappeared into the night(like many others). But the hard truth is... most of us do not care that you are going.

Sayonara!
Old 04-28-2008, 08:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Dark in my flaming staircase, being totally unfamiliar with the artist or her music

You know, when I got banned from Seven Wonders, I insisted on telling the forum owner to take something long and pointy and ram it where the sun doesn't shine.

It worked. And it'll work here, too. No muss, no fuss.
Old 04-28-2008, 10:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Please Don't Go Gerald, you're too vital to the ledge. I too am very disatisfied with things here as of late, but in the end my love of the band and its members trumps all of that, and there's still enough great people left to keep The Ledge, The Ledge.

He Will Burn You Down
Old 04-29-2008, 07:30 AM
shackin'up
This message has been deleted by jannieC.
Old 04-29-2008, 07:51 AM
HejiraNYC
This message has been deleted by jannieC.
Old 04-29-2008, 09:07 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm not in any private cliques and I don't know alot of people here beyond their screen names but I enjoy all the posts and contributions people make: photos, links, downloads. I hope no one leaves because this seems like a great place with a lot of interesting, knowledgable and entertaining personalities.
Old 04-29-2008, 09:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

I will miss you...you always had great insight on the Buckingham forum. It's a shame to lose you.

Old 04-30-2008, 12:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ledge Moderators View Post
Six people were suspended for 7 days for ongoing attack posts against another Ledgie. That 7 day period expired on April 24.

During the suspension, one gentleman used a second user id to stir up further conflict. He is the only person who was permanently banned in recent months, due to his deceptive use of the alias id. No one else is banned. Their absence is quite voluntary.
Have these "attack" posts been removed ? I have tried to find them so i could judge for myself but was unable to trace them. As Gerald already pointed out; Vanessa is a very honest and true fan and i find it hard to believe she would maliciously attack another fan.

Life is like a box of chocolates : full of nuts
Old 04-30-2008, 12:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzyvermoesen View Post
Have these "attack" posts been removed ? I have tried to find them so i could judge for myself but was unable to trace them. As Gerald already pointed out; Vanessa is a very honest and true fan and i find it hard to believe she would maliciously attack another fan.
Hey Suzy

Look in the Vivica Fox thread. All the posts are still there. You won't find anything even remotely worthy of a suspension or banishment.
Old 04-30-2008, 12:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzyvermoesen View Post
Well, the gory details have been stripped (I think), but I think this is where the drama started:

http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showth...ghlight=vivica

Although the banning was only temporary, it looks like people have chosen not to return. I think it's one thing to give someone a strike, but I think the temporary suspension on top of that, for a transgression that was arguably not particularly mean-spirited, was a bit excessive. There is a way to enforce the rules at the Ledge without slowly killing it at the same time.
Old 04-30-2008, 01:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thanks guys for pointing me.
I've read the thread : boooooring !!!!!!!!
And to ban someone for only a few innocent remarks ? I'd say that's food for thought....

Life is like a box of chocolates : full of nuts
Old 04-30-2008, 01:33 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by HejiraNYC View Post
Well, the gory details have been stripped (I think)
Yes, we did not delete any posts, but as the thread continued, users began deleting their own.
Old 04-30-2008, 03:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm the only one who deleted some posts and you can read absolutely everything I said in other people's quotes. It's still all there, everything that happened.
I just wanted to remove myself from the argument, probably in a foolish way.
I just wanted to clear that up, and sorry.
Anyway, I'm sad to go but I'll leave now...

Last edited by trackaghost; 04-30-2008 at 04:02 PM..
Old 04-30-2008, 03:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ledge Moderators View Post
Yes, we did not delete any posts, but as the thread continued, users began deleting their own.

Except that none of the offenders removed any of their posts. At all. I was reading it - and keeping up with it, and nothing that I read at the time has been removed. What you see is what you get. (edit: except Sharon - but she explains that.)

I haven't posted on here in quite a while - mostly because I'm not interested in a lot of what's being posted on here.

I've been a member of the Ledge since 2000. 8 years of my life have been spent on the Ledge, which up until recently was my favorite place on the Internet. Now? Not so much.

It's a sad day when long-time, and in many cases supporting, members of this board are basically told to hit the road - when some new person who causes nothing but trouble is giving carte blanche. The rules are only applied to people the moderators decided they should be applied to...and things just aren't run fairly at all.

Of course this is when the new owner would come in and say "it's MY board and I don't have to be fair, it's my way or the highway." which is another problem I have with The Ledge as of late.

You have people who pay their own money to support this site - yet it's your way or the highway. Whatever - if alienating the solid base of this site - people who have been here for many years was your goal then congratulations.

The crime that was committed by these people was apparently meeting on here and forming real and lasting friendships. How dare they.

Anyway - it's not without a little sadness that I bid The Ledge farewell, though to be honest I feel like The Ledge left me long before I left the Ledge