Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-16-2003, 07:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default FM Fanclub - An independent Proposal

With all the bad feeling regarding the FM fanclub, I have asked Mick's site admins for a two tier system where international fans (who will not want advanced tickets for the USA tour) pay a reduced rate of something like $29.95.

If you think this is a good idea, please send Knight an e-mail or PM Knight at Mick's board - http://www.mickfleetwood.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl requesting the same thing, if we get alot of takers, he cannot ignore us, surely not!!

Below is the history of communication I have had with him regarding this issue.

1st Instalment

Hey Knight, Battle & Webwiz

Great news about the decrease in price of the fanclub and the $20.00 rebate for chat room users.

However any chance of offering the international users the discounted price up and to the international dates are released and members only seats are assigned to these international dates, as it stands to my mind this is still a tad too expensive unless we can guarantee preferred sitting allocation on the international stops.

What do you think chaps, any chance........

Regards

Neil (fmfanuk)

Answer

Don't know how to answer this. We have to go forward with what we know. USA tour is on. World portion is not announced yet. If I were you l would join before prices rise.

The Knight (Jonathan)

2nd Instalment

Thanks Knight (Jonathan) for getting back to me.

I have read on the board that next year's renewal will be $29.95.
Maybe we could have a two tier system where concert goers pay the $59.00 (for the advanced tickets) and the international fans who are not going to concerts and do not want advanced tickets could have fan club access for $29.95.

What do you say Knight, is this feasible?

I do still feel that $59.95 is a lot of money to pay for the fan who will not be going to the USA for live shows (this is out of my price range, as my wife is expecting again, and I need all my spare income for the impending arrival). And hand on heart with the impending World Troubles, I would be very surprised if the Mac did tour outside of the USA. We already have some US celebs not coming to England cause of the security fears.

However after saying that I would still love to join the fanclub and gain access to the members only content on the site. So please do give this serious consideration as a way the international fan can join.

Thanks for your time.

Answer

Still Waiting

http://stillgoinginsane.fleetwoodmac-uk.com
Still Going Insane - A Lindsey Buckingham Resource
Old 02-16-2003, 08:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Good work Neil. I'll send him a message. But, I dunno. First they see it impossible to offer a fan meet and greet without 'hotel and shuttle' (for ppl who live in the town :s), so I don't have high hopes.
Old 02-16-2003, 12:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thumbs down "If ya smell...

what the 'Crock' is cooking..."

I cannot believe that reply ya got Neil:

"Don't know how to answer this. We have to go forward with what we know. USA tour is on. World portion is not announced yet. If I were you l would join before prices rise.
The Knight (Jonathan)"

"If I were you...", Geez that's a big stinkin' pile of crap...Seems the profits must be the ONLY thing on their mind over there...Brian "No $$$$ allowed" J.

"To acknowledge death is to accept freedom and responsibility."

"Fleetwood Mac and its fans remind me of a toilet plunger...keep bringing up old sh*t..."
Old 02-16-2003, 01:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Re: "If ya smell...

Quote:
Originally posted by estranged4life
what the 'Crock' is cooking..."

I cannot believe that reply ya got Neil:

"Don't know how to answer this. We have to go forward with what we know. USA tour is on. World portion is not announced yet. If I were you l would join before prices rise.
The Knight (Jonathan)"

"If I were you...", Geez that's a big stinkin' pile of crap...Seems the profits must be the ONLY thing on their mind over there...Brian "No $$$$ allowed" J.
I think Brian is spot on here. This response from Knight indicates all too plainly that accommodating fans is not the name of the game over there. Knight's only purpose is to pitch sales. Fans who continually attempt to get Knight to revise these "packages" are just spinning their wheels. That's not what the Web site or its admins are about. They're there to sell as many widgets as they can sell for the greatest price they can get in as short a time as they can legitimately manage. They're a business with a bottom line, as were all the other official fan clubs for Fleetwood or Stevie. You're not "fans"; you're customers. And if you have a problem with something you've bought, you need to stand over there in the customer service line. If you haven't actually bought anything yet (like a fan club membership or a backstage ticket-and-greet package), you're not a customer, & they won't care what you have to say because you aren't entitled to a refund or an exchange until you've bought something.

I was reading something the other day that Lindsey said about Mick's book in 1990. He said it didn't really "dignify the name of Fleetwood Mac." I wonder what he thinks of all the commerce activity being promulgated in the name of "serving the fans" over on Mick's site. He couldn't possibly think it's anything but sordid. Fleetwood Mac is just as much Lindsey's band as it is Mick's band, & he's equally responsible when Mick concocts yet another harebrained scheme to extort dineros from the fans in the name of Fleetwood Mac. They're really all responsible for any decisions made in that name, regardless of how on top of things they manage to keep themselves personally. They've got managers & assistants & lawyers & accountants to help them keep tabs on fellow bandmates who repeatedly use the name of the band to fatten their personal coffers.

It's time for the other members of Fleetwood Mac to put a stop to this crap---if they themselves don't want to be held responsible for it.
Old 02-16-2003, 02:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default David, I couldn't have said it better..

and I agree wholeheartedly.

The fans have stood loyally by the band for years when they didn't produce anything. They owe us more than these cheap money-grabbing schemes.

I love FM dearly but I may not be able to see them this time if the ticketsare out of sight price-wise and in my humble opinion, that is sad. It's the fans who ought to be able to see the band.

"We listen to their voices, ignoring our own voice" Stevie - SOTM
"I keep the dream in my pocket, never let it fade away" Lindsey - TITN
Old 02-17-2003, 08:26 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Well the answer from Knight knocks this into touch, get ready for this one!!

>> Congrats on expecting! _We just can't administer multi-national programs and different terms of entry and use rights. _We brought the price down, made it the same all over the world and that's it! _Should be a great value especially if you're NOT going to a concert as you'll see more in the club from "back-stage" than most other places. _We hope you choose to join and be part of the group there.

Best Wishes,

The Knight!

Ah well it was worth a try.
So I will not be joining unless some UK fans want to form a little group and spread the cost.

http://stillgoinginsane.fleetwoodmac-uk.com
Still Going Insane - A Lindsey Buckingham Resource
Old 02-17-2003, 08:46 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by nodmod

Ah well it was worth a try.
So I will not be joining unless some UK fans want to form a little group and spread the cost.
That sounds like a good idea Neil. I definately won't be joining alone....way to much money for nothing much in return.

Pip
Old 02-18-2003, 05:23 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Is it just me, or do his (the Knight's) posts seem to keep getting more rude each time?

~Angela~
Old 02-18-2003, 09:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Smile Probably!

Quote:
Originally posted by EnchantedStorms
Is it just me, or do his (the Knight's) posts seem to keep getting more rude each time?
I wouldn't doubt it (as I don't really go over there much anymore), he probably is though because he's not "fooling" as many of the fans as he/they would like to (to be ripped off etc.) They can go and SAY "how many people have already joined the fan club (or whatever it is)" to try to make us "feel guilty" (or whatever it is that they think will "work") all they want but WE are smarter than that. (I know some here have joined and you have your good reasons to as you've explained but I just mean with his/their greed 1 million in fees isn't good enough I guess)

John
Old 02-18-2003, 11:18 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by Vianna
I love FM dearly but I may not be able to see them this time if the ticketsare out of sight price-wise and in my humble opinion, that is sad. It's the fans who ought to be able to see the band.
Well said, Vianna.
The Knight's posts do seem to be getting more rude from what I've seen. I think it's because he's obviously a phony "salesman" and just doing his sales pitches, not really sincere to begin with, but who knows? My jaw dropped ( I guess I shouldn't be surprised anymore though) when I read his answer to Neil above...to join and "be part of the group." Blech.
-Sonia
"So I close my eyes softly... till I become that part of the wind that we all long for sometimes. And to those that I love like a ghost through a fog, like a charmed hour and a haunted song, and the angel... of my dreams"

"All alone we suffer. Oh, to steal your heart away."
Old 02-18-2003, 05:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thumbs down Buying Into Fleetwood's Fan Club!!!

"All alone we suffer...oh, steal your heart away!"

Yeah Mick...Thanks for stealing my respect for F Mac away!!!

Iam no longer excited about the new album like I was...
as Iam rather alone here in fanaticism of Lindsey's work!
This sounds...like a huge $$$$ Rip-off!!!I never could see the extra Vault pix on Quicktime from The Very Best Of F Mac!

Thanks very much Christy for your kindness in sharing!!!

Do I need a new program to get Mick'$ Big-Buck$ Fan Club???
Hi$ Great $ite where your a fan if you have the price $$$?
Forget the other poor fans who Aren't Allowed to join ...
They will just have to mi$$ $eeing their...
Brilliant Guitar Playing Hero Lindsey BucKINGham!!!

Iam blubbering and pouting!Sob! Sob!
This is Sooo Sooo Sad,Skylark

Peacekeeper song ... Lindsey

Last edited by Skylark; 02-18-2003 at 05:52 PM..