The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-15-2003, 07:07 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Will the first single be released on time?

Well, the first as yet unannounced single from the forthcoming Fleetwood Mac album "Say You Will" is scheduled for release on 4th March.

That's just 17 days away

So my question is who thinks it will be released on time?

Unless it's already been decided, the CDs have been pressed and it is ready to be distributed to record stores(and it's just been kept very secret), I don't think it will make it.

But then I might be wrong.

Old 02-15-2003, 08:09 AM

Doesnt that just mean released to radio though?

I doubt there will be a commercial single released
Old 02-15-2003, 08:10 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by iamstevienicks
Doesnt that just mean released to radio though?
I think it does.
If there is a single released, I don't it would be released as early as March 4th.
Old 02-15-2003, 02:57 PM
Ledgie

Wink

Aren't singles released to radio stations a few weeks before they are released to stores? If it ends up being an actual single, I think new song will be released to stations within the next few weeks, prior to March 4. If it's just an album cut, then March 4 may be the date for radio release.
Old 02-15-2003, 03:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by Steve
Aren't singles released to radio stations a few weeks before they are released to stores?
I think they are, but I definetley know that the videos are released to music channels a few weeks prior to release.
Old 02-15-2003, 04:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Apart from maybe BBC Radio 2, in London who else would play FM music, I can't for example see them guesting on TOTP either. Any other suggestions from this side of the pond?
Old 02-15-2003, 04:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by tuigirl
Apart from maybe BBC Radio 2, in London who else would play FM music,
I can't think of any other station. I do love Radio 2 though. Play loads of Mark Knopfler and Fleetwood Mac, even play Peter Green Splinter Group as well.

You know when you are getting older because all your old Radio 1 DJs move to Radio 2 and you follow them across.
Old 02-15-2003, 06:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by madformac
I can't think of any other station. I do love Radio 2 though. Play loads of Mark Knopfler and Fleetwood Mac, even play Peter Green Splinter Group as well.

You know when you are getting older because all your old Radio 1 DJs move to Radio 2 and you follow them across.

So does this mean we'll eventually end up liking the classical channel??
Old 02-15-2003, 09:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

When they refer to a single being released soon, I'm nearly 100% sure that they don't mean commercially.
Any single will be released to radio only... unless it's been remixed for dance clubs. Only then will it be available to purchase.

They don't want people to buy a single, they want you to shell out 20 bucks (retail) for the full-length album, whether you're familiar with the artist or not.

(Meanwhile, the record companies are scratching their heads, trying to figure out why Peer2Peer file-sharing services have become so popular.)

Johnny Stew
Old 02-15-2003, 10:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by tuigirl
Apart from maybe BBC Radio 2, in London who else would play FM music, I can't for example see them guesting on TOTP either. Any other suggestions from this side of the pond?
It's funny you should say that...the coolest thing happened when I was in the gym last Monday, it must have been around 6pm. The radio was tuned to Capital Radio, and Neil Fox was playing the usual chart pop stuff you hear at around that time, and then out of the blue he said "Now here's something from Fleetwood Mac's Rumours album which was released way back in 1977, the time when Lindsey Buckingham and Stevie Nicks were both in the band, here is Go Your Own Way..."

And so I carried on finishing off my bench press set, astonished, with a huge grin on my face! Fleetwood Mac sandwiched between Kylie Minogue and Darius...!!! lol!! Who would have thought.....!!!

Old 02-16-2003, 02:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally posted by Johnny Stew
(Meanwhile, the record companies are scratching their heads, trying to figure out why Peer2Peer file-sharing services have become so popular.)
...and yet they don't have a single worry about closing file-sharing systems as Napster (first) and Audiogalaxy (second). This industry is much more about the money (ask Mick and The Knight about it) than it is about the music, and that's always a shameful and embarassing thing.

Song of the moment - Countdown