User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-15-2003, 05:35 AM
Junior Ledgie

Default :(

Im with you on this one Pip.

There is no guarantee they will be comming to the UK, which is kinda depressing. Why not confirm that it really is a world tour by offering some other cities outside the states?! Or is it another of those american 'were so great' things where _world tour_ really means american tour. Before I get a load of american chat back about this...two words...'world series'

Anyway, back to the issue. I would sign up in an instant for membership if it was a certainty that they were doing shows here n we could get advanced _good_ tickets with our membership. But right now no one is talking anything but american shows/tickets...or am I missing something?

Oh, n before I forget...I owe someone a video from like last year...totally forgotten who this was, can they email me so I can finally repay my debt!??

"Head for the light that might light our way, wait for the right twist of fate"
Old 02-15-2003, 06:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Re: :(

Quote:
Originally posted by SteUK
Im with you on this one Pip.

There is no guarantee they will be comming to the UK, which is kinda depressing. Why not confirm that it really is a world tour by offering some other cities outside the states?! Or is it another of those american 'were so great' things where _world tour_ really means american tour. Before I get a load of american chat back about this...two words...'world series'
Check your baseball knowledge before you slam the US. "Before I get a load of [foreign] chat back about this"...two teams for you: Montreal Expos and Toronto Blue Jays. That's what makes it a "world series." Hey, Canada might not be that far away, but it's not the US.

Brad
Old 02-15-2003, 06:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Re: Re: :(

Quote:
Originally posted by Brad
Check your baseball knowledge before you slam the US. "Before I get a load of [foreign] chat back about this"...two teams for you: Montreal Expos and Toronto Blue Jays. That's what makes it a "world series." Hey, Canada might not be that far away, but it's not the US.

Brad
I disagree, teams from a whole TWO countries does not make a world series or a world championship. I have nothing but respect for the very fine teams and players involved but the "World Champion Tampa Bay Buccaneers" Really? Let's see, hmm, So how many European, African, Asian, Antipodean, South American teams have they beaten to become champions? I don't see too many.

Yes I know most of those continents do not play football or gridiron if you like but doesn't that make it even less of a world championship? They are the NFL champions because that is what it is, a national football league. It's the same with the indycar world series as well

The nearest thing to a world series, outside of tennis and golf, which are truly world series, is F1 racing and even they acknowledge it is yet to be a true world championship because they have yet to add African and Arabic events, which they are working on.

You may have players and in some instances teams from around the world but until a sport covers every continent at professional level in the same series it is not a world championship.

Old 02-15-2003, 08:18 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Thumbs up Re: Re: Re: :(

Quote:
Originally posted by madformac
I disagree, teams from a whole TWO countries does not make a world series or a world championship. I have nothing but respect for the very fine teams and players involved but the "World Champion Tampa Bay Buccaneers" Really? Let's see, hmm, So how many European, African, Asian, Antipodean, South American teams have they beaten to become champions? I don't see too many.

Yes I know most of those continents do not play football or gridiron if you like but doesn't that make it even less of a world championship? They are the NFL champions because that is what it is, a national football league. It's the same with the indycar world series as well

The nearest thing to a world series, outside of tennis and golf, which are truly world series, is F1 racing and even they acknowledge it is yet to be a true world championship because they have yet to add African and Arabic events, which they are working on.

I agree with ya...I'm glad NASCAR doesnt potray Tony Stewart as the World Champion of NASCAR..lol...He's just the NASCAR champion.

Anyways I pm'd Pip and let her know what I thought about "the WORLD tour" starting in the US...Seems "someone" in FM has HIS eyes full of the US $$$ instead of remembering HIS roots. I just HOPE ya UK/European & Everywhere else in the world get included in a "World Tour" and I hope ya get a BIG part of it...Brian J.

"To acknowledge death is to accept freedom and responsibility."

"Fleetwood Mac and its fans remind me of a toilet plunger...keep bringing up old sh*t..."
Old 02-15-2003, 08:40 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: :(

Quote:
Originally posted by estranged4life
Seems "someone" in FM has HIS eyes full of the US $$$ instead of remembering HIS roots. I just HOPE ya UK/European & Everywhere else in the world get included in a "World Tour" and I hope ya get a BIG part of it...Brian J.
I wonder if "he" has been talking to Sir Paul McCartney, a man that canned his European and UK tours in favour of a second US leg because it was more profitable than visiting his European fans. He knew he could charge a lot more in the States and still play to big sold out venues rather than risking playing to smaller venues in Europe for less money. Fine if you are a young band looking to make some quick $$$ before the public "goes off" you or an old timer playing for your pension but how much money does the guy need?

I'm more concerned with Stevie's vocal health. I don't want to start up another debate on her voice but I am concerned that 40 dates in the States may just about be enough for it to handle. I think if they really want to make it a world tour then they should take 6-8 months off after the US leg to recover then hit the road in Europe, Australia and whereever else. Maybe add a few more US dates at the end of the 2nd leg.

Old 02-15-2003, 09:18 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Re: Re: :(

Quote:
Originally posted by Brad
Check your baseball knowledge before you slam the US.

Brad
I don't see that he was slamming the US....he is just frustrated like alot of us overseas fans.

Pip
Old 02-15-2003, 10:05 AM
Junior Ledgie

Default :D

Wow!

I really expected to get slated for my comment. Good to see people can still see things objectively I sure enjoyed reading your comments on the subject.

It does bug me how everything seems to be american orientated. Prolly, as many have said, due to money. Even for the mac that have more or less been a 50/50 split of UK/USA down the years. I was bugged that Stevie's world tour was limited to that side of the atlantic only (altho a new FM album in the pipeline was a good compromise).

Its a real shame that it has to come down to money n we cant all get to appreciate the music live as i'm sure they wanted the public to do back in the beginning.

Anyway, heres hoping Stevie's voice is good for years to come and the Mac bandwagon roles into all countries where they will be appreciated.

"Head for the light that might light our way, wait for the right twist of fate"

Last edited by SteUK; 02-15-2003 at 10:14 AM..
Old 02-15-2003, 03:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Heart

Bless your heart, SteUK...It Was I you promised the video many months ago . Thanks so much for remembering. I almost forgot! I'll email you my info.

Indeed, here on the ledge we have civilized, articulate, constructive, mature ways of expressing our disagreements...and nobody's posts or entire threads get routinely DELETED and censored by other people (at least not that I've ever noticed) and people aren't considered offensive just for having a different opinion, or god forbid offering anything but praise for our favorite band's members!

BTW I totally agree that any event that only involves the US, or the whole American continent for that matter, should not have "world" in the title. How arrogant and ridiculous that must appear to folks in other countries!

I'd hate to think Paul McCartney is greedy for touring so much in the US... Doesn't he give a huge chunk of his riches to charities? It's certainly a shame if he let down his European fans...Then again I hear taxes in the UK are pretty nasty
-Sonia
"So I close my eyes softly... till I become that part of the wind that we all long for sometimes. And to those that I love like a ghost through a fog, like a charmed hour and a haunted song, and the angel... of my dreams"

"All alone we suffer. Oh, to steal your heart away."

Last edited by ERigby818; 02-15-2003 at 03:10 PM..
Old 02-15-2003, 05:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default Re: :D

Quote:
Originally posted by SteUK
I was bugged that Stevie's world tour was limited to that side of the atlantic only.
Based on everything she said just prior to the tour, in various print interviews and on Letterman's show, I really do believe that Stevie had every intention of touring more than just the US, for 'TISL.'

Unfortunately, the events of September 11th altered all of that, as the world climate seemed to turn on a dime that day.

I imagine that threats of terrorism and possibilities of war, might also affect whether or not Fleetwood Mac tours beyond the states.
Kelly Osbourne recently cancelled overseas appearances, and her and her family are from the UK originally... so unfortunately the political climate seems to be affecting a *lot* of people's plans.

Here's to hoping that things become more stable again, and that the overseas fans get a chance to see The Mac on this tour.

Johnny Stew

Last edited by Johnny Stew; 02-15-2003 at 05:35 PM..
Old 02-15-2003, 05:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by ERigby818
Then again I hear taxes in the UK are pretty nasty
-Sonia
Oh yes indeedy!

The UK is one of the most taxed countries in the world. Everything is taxed pretty much, I think the tax on gasoline is about 80% or something ridiculous like that! Plus car tax, can't remember, it's around £140 a year. Income tax usually rides around 10% Same for National Insurance (health service etc) and of course the good old 17.5% value added tax on goods. The best one is Customs. If you import anything over £18 in value they charge you the 17.5% VAT on the goods then Customs duty and then they slap 3.5% import duty on the lot, yes they tax the tax! Still, could be worse, could be living in the tax nightmare of Germany!

Old 02-15-2003, 06:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Re: Re: :D

Quote:
Originally posted by Johnny Stew
Based on everything she said just prior to the tour, in various print interviews and on Letterman's show, I really do believe that Stevie had every intention of touring more than just the US, for 'TISL.'

Unfortunately, the events of September 11th altered all of that, as the world climate seemed to turn on a dime that day.
Johnny Stew
Sorry but I don't agree with you on this. Yes...I think Stevie wanted to tour overseas but I think her record company had other ideas. There was absolutely no promotion over here for TISL. At least when TOSOTM tour was heading this way there was a flurry of promotion.

Pip
Old 02-15-2003, 06:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Fan Club @ $59.95!!!!

Hi! That amount of CA$H $ound$ like the
price of a nice sweater! A very Odd amount...
why not $60.00 or are they merchandi$ing
the fan$! Make it $eem le$$!! Too bad they
can't guarantee reserved tickets for ALL the
concerts for Mick'$ Fan Club members!!!

IMHO About Stevie and Europe... Stevie was going
and said so on Late Night!She meant it at the time!
Things may happen beyond our control!!! WAR may
put a stop to all Touring ... as it would be too risky!

We might remember... They are humans with families
to care for and not just The Mac Music Machine! Sky

Peacekeeper song ... Lindsey
Old 02-15-2003, 11:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Well after quite a few days of pondering the thoughts, should I join, shouldn't I join, do I think this will pan out for me, do I have the $$$ to spend, etc and I decided that I will try it out for the year. I know its not cheap and I understand why a lot of people cant really spend it. So I hope I made the best decision. I really hope I am going into this with my eyes clear and not blinded by all the news. I even spent time over on Mick's site reading everyone's thoughts in hopes that I would realize the decision I wanted to make. Anyway, so far I like the virtual stuff. I am using a dial up connection at the moment. Ive noticed that if I let the thing play once, it will stop a lot to buff or whatever it does but when its done, I can press play again and it will play the whole clip without stopping. I know it would work fine the 1st time with a higher connection speed but what can ya do. I know this is way new for all the fans because this is the 1st time the band has become this interactive with us. I like that a lot. I hope everyone gets to go to see a show this tour, I am looking forward to it very much...

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Old 02-16-2003, 12:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Exclamation Yeah, me too...

Like Wldhrt351, I'm seriously considering getting it for the year, because this is the YEAR OF THE MAC, right? LOL I wouldn't think that next year, they'd have much going on, after the album/tour/hype dies down, 2004 will probably not have much going on...so, why not, I have a job, yes, it is WAY expensive, but that's why I work, to spend money on crap I don't need...like this fan club. LMAO!! Anywho...you only live once, so, I'm gonna be a jerk and buy in. Laugh if you must...LOL I am NOT however, paying 1100 bucks to MAYBE (but highly unlikely) meet Lindsey at the M&G. How about cutting out the hotel/ride and just give me tickets to the concert and backstage passes!??? How about THAT? I live 45 minutes away from Dallas, I don't NEED a hotel room!! After the concert, I'm coming back home!!

EDIT: Okay, I've plunged into the river below, head first and I'm hoping for the best!! LOL I have surfed the site, watched all the videos, read stuff, submitted a question to see if Lindsey answers it and OMG, Lindsey said in his lil video part that the next year or two should be great for the fans and maybe they'll come back for another round!!! I take that to mean, if this tour is successful, they may do another album....PLEASE GOD!!! His exact words are:

"It's gonna be a great year for us and alot of that was achieved by finding an environment like this. Everything that we can put out for people to enjoy in the next year or two and hopefully we 'll come back and do it again so hope you guys like it."

Last edited by wondergirl9847; 02-16-2003 at 01:12 AM..
Old 02-16-2003, 01:52 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default Re: Yeah, me too...

Quote:
Originally posted by wondergirl9847
Lindsey said in his lil video part that the next year or two should be great for the fans and maybe they'll come back for another round!!! I take that to mean, if this tour is successful, they may do another album....PLEASE GOD!!! His exact words are:

"It's gonna be a great year for us and alot of that was achieved by finding an environment like this. Everything that we can put out for people to enjoy in the next year or two and hopefully we 'll come back and do it again so hope you guys like it."
That would be AWESOME! I just hope it's not like when, after Mirage concerts, Lindsey would declare "See you real soon!" lol