The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-12-2003, 04:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm pretty much ready to join (with the help of my Mom, who loves FM and is willing to pitch $30 in), but my only reservation is that I seem to remember them saying that the VBOFM "Vaults" would have exclusive material and that never panned out. I'm concerned that the same will happen with this fan club and I don't even get a keychain to show for money! I think I'll wait and think about it some more.

John
Old 02-12-2003, 04:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

David, exactly which lawn will Mick be mowing? I may be interested in this Super Deluxe membership after all.
Old 02-12-2003, 04:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by Phil
I may be interested in this Super Deluxe membership after all.
I think I'll go for the Super Deluxe Extra membership with optional benefits.

As well as mowing your lawn, Mick will also allow you to take him for dinner in an exclusive restaurant of his choosing where you you will be given the exclusive offer of paying for the meal, fantastic! Also, and this is the best part, you get exclusive backstage access at a gig where you get to wait for Mick's limo to show up then you get the chance to wash it while he is on stage!!!!! Incredible or what?

All this for just $25,000!!!! Each!!! And guess what? they do a joint couples membership for $35,000!!! Yes a saving of $15,000 !!!!

This just seems too good to be true!

It seems the words "sold out" don't just apply to the tickets

Old 02-12-2003, 05:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Well, I did it. I signed up for the Fleetwood Mac fan club. I going to hope for the best. I plan on hopefully going to a few shows so I figure it might be easier to get tickets this way. I know I might regret it but I signed up. It's a gamble.
Old 02-12-2003, 06:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by madformac
I think I'll go for the Super Deluxe Extra membership with optional benefits.

As well as mowing your lawn, Mick will also allow you to take him for dinner in an exclusive restaurant of his choosing where you you will be given the exclusive offer of paying for the meal, fantastic! Also, and this is the best part, you get exclusive backstage access at a gig where you get to wait for Mick's limo to show up then you get the chance to wash it while he is on stage!!!!! Incredible or what?

And you will get an authentic never seen before reciept of your meal!! If you ask Mick nicely maybe he will smear some left over food on it.

Think of what that will be worth in the future!!!!!

http://stillgoinginsane.fleetwoodmac-uk.com
Still Going Insane - A Lindsey Buckingham Resource
Old 02-12-2003, 06:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Talking Well...

Quote:
Originally posted by nodmod
And you will get an authentic never seen before reciept of your meal!! If you ask Mick nicely maybe he will smear some left over food on it.

Think of what that will be worth in the future!!!!!
There wont be any food left to smear because good ol' Mick will donate the leftovers to charity. So the receipt will be either "Priceless" or "Worthless"...lol...Brian J.

"To acknowledge death is to accept freedom and responsibility."

"Fleetwood Mac and its fans remind me of a toilet plunger...keep bringing up old sh*t..."
Old 02-12-2003, 07:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Christ Almighty.

The impression that this band has left on me is QUICKLY deteriorating. Is EVERYBODY in this world a money-grubbing jerk now?

rat bastards. .. 79.95.. 59.95.. ludicrous.

Sarah
Old 02-12-2003, 08:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Re: Well...

Quote:
Originally posted by estranged4life
There wont be any food left to smear because good ol' Mick will donate the leftovers to charity. So the receipt will be either "Priceless" or "Worthless"...lol...Brian J.
Hahahahah!!! David, Phil, Madformac, Neil, & Brian.....you guys had me bursting out laughing at my monitor like a madman!!lmao!!

I'd think of an addition for the Super Deluxe Membership but I'm still cracking up at David's post!! lol!

Old 02-12-2003, 09:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I hate to say it, but I've actually been considering this.

I still think $60 is too much, but it certainly beats $90. Basically, the only reason I'm interested is for the advance ticket option. But I wish we could know ahead of time (read: before the price goes up to $80) at which shows it will be available. I figure if there is a possibility of getting good seats, face value (which will be astronomical itself) + $60 isn't *too* bad. Of course, I can always try and go for good seats the day they go on sale and just pay the absurd price, but I have my doubts about that.

http://www.twitter.com/jtwill84
Old 02-12-2003, 11:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by jwys_soapbox
my only reservation is that I seem to remember them saying that the VBOFM "Vaults" would have exclusive material and that never panned out.
I think I'll wait and think about it some more.
That's what i was thinking too. What's the deal with 'the Vaults'. What a let-down.

It's revaulting!
Old 02-12-2003, 11:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Lightbulb

I'm hoping ledgies who join share whether it's worth their while or not. I guess we won't really know till it's concert season (getting excited just thinking about that !) and we find out how good these seats are. But if anyone joins and finds it totally worth it or totally lame, I (and I'm sure many others) would be curious. I might actually consider this idea of splitting a membership. I admit I want to see the video stuff and I'd love to get a nice seat at a concert (if I can ever afford to go to one ) but I'm bitter about Mick's site being so blatantly greedy, and I'm totally struggling to pay my dsl bill so at this point I'm just very curious to hear some testimony.
-Sonia
"So I close my eyes softly... till I become that part of the wind that we all long for sometimes. And to those that I love like a ghost through a fog, like a charmed hour and a haunted song, and the angel... of my dreams"

"All alone we suffer. Oh, to steal your heart away."
Old 02-13-2003, 12:38 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Well....

IF they decide to start taking Discover, and IF they are still offering the discounted price by the time tickets prices are listed, and IF the ticket prices aren't completely ridiculous.... and IF they haven't done anything ELSE to p*ss me off (lol) then I will probably join.

If tickets are what some ppl are saying they are going to be ($250-300?) then I will probably only be going to one show, instead of three or four like I had planned.

This splitting the cost thing doesn't sound too bad... It definitely makes me feel better knowing I wouldn't be putting as *much* money into Mick's greedy hands, lol.

I'm curious to see the video clips, but the main draw for me is the advanced ticket sales. Not so much the preferred seats, but just being able to get the jump on regular seats. I definitely want decent ones, and I had already decided that I wasn't going thru a broker or Ebay or whatever again. But if I'm able to get preferred then I'd be willing to split sixty bucks with someone to do that. Unless, like I said, LOL...they do something ELSE to piss me off. Then I just won't go at all, and save myself a lot of money and trouble in the process.

~Angela~
Old 02-13-2003, 04:18 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default No sense of honour...

I can only imagine what Stevie and Lindsey will make of all Mick's grubby money-making schemes but I am certain Christine wouldn't approve. I realise I've been critical of this lady in previous posts but I have never questioned her integrity or motivations when it comes to music. I'm sure she's relieved to be well rid of Mick's embarrassingly desperate actions. Shameful in the extreme!
Old 02-13-2003, 04:28 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Well after a talk with my hubby there is no way I can afford to join right now. He has pointed out, quite rightly, that for us in the UK there is now guarantee they will even come here let alone whether the ticket deal will apply to us if they do. It is alot to pay to see some online video footage. I am sorry I will miss that especially the Stevie stuff

Pip
Old 02-13-2003, 09:27 AM

Default Re: No sense of honour...

Quote:
Originally posted by Phil
I can only imagine what Stevie and Lindsey will make of all Mick's grubby money-making schemes but I am certain Christine wouldn't approve. I realise I've been critical of this lady in previous posts but I have never questioned her integrity or motivations when it comes to music. I'm sure she's relieved to be well rid of Mick's embarrassingly desperate actions. Shameful in the extreme!
Oh, Phil, now you let me down. Where's the negativity, man?