Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-09-2003, 12:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Mick and his $$$$

I'll guarantee you this is all about Mick and his insatiable desire to make and spend money.

"We listen to their voices, ignoring our own voice" Stevie - SOTM
"I keep the dream in my pocket, never let it fade away" Lindsey - TITN
Old 02-09-2003, 01:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Well I have been offline since Friday and I looked in here before going over to Micks board......$1100 Meet and greets???? WTF!!!!

Pip
Old 02-09-2003, 01:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Hello All

I have read with interest here for many years and have finally decided to join in the conversation!!!

For what is it worth, I met Mick at the AHI thing in Phoenix for the Enchanted tour. Who knows how he is in "real life" or how he acts toward other people, but at that time and to me he acted like a snobby jerk. He gave off a bad vibe at such a pleasant event. In his defense, he had met many people that night; but in my defense I have given a wad of cash to be there, etc. Stevie and Don certainly did not act like that. In fact, Stevie and both of her parents made it a point to thank me more than once for being so generous, etc., and I had not given THAT much money. So, wrong or right, from that one experience, anything Mick does will not shock me.

save the cheerleader - save the world
Old 02-09-2003, 01:51 PM

I think there's still a lot of denial going on here. We don't know that Mick is the only band member who is considering this proposal, though I would not be surprised if he is. We simply don't know.

Consider all the other commercial- minded concessions the band has already made -- whoring songs to TV commercials, promising to give us a double CD and cutting back to a single disk, to name a couple.

Surely it wasn't Mick by himself who made those other decisions. I think we may yet find out that the whole band is cumplicit in this shameless commercialization and exploitation. And what this meet and greet idea shows, is that these people are just out to make a quick buck, which is quite evident from the limited number of stops on their tour plans.
Old 02-09-2003, 02:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Hello Carne:

Although in the past MF is seemingly the one who never has any money, the message came from apparently "his ?" website, etc., your point well taken. I mean the five - oops - four may have no idea of this other than a mention to their assistant in a memo, etc. Or, they may have their hands extended as we speak in anticipation of the loot.

Old 02-09-2003, 08:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

If I could pay $1000 to meet Lindsey, and I knew for a FACT (and personally witnessed that this was the case) that ALL of it was going to a charity of my choice (from, say, a list that FM's management could supply), then I wouldn't mind paying it, coz it would be a dream come true to meet and spend 20 mins talking to him.

However, this is obviously not the case, and so I think whoever came up with this ridiculous idea should get their head checked, real soon.....

between 50-200 people per show...ok, so let's say that's an average of 125 per show. $1000 a head. 40 shows. That's $5,000,000..................!!!!!!!!!!

Who do they intend to employ as their "security team".....the entire National Guard??

Last edited by seteca; 02-09-2003 at 10:50 PM..
Old 02-09-2003, 08:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by seteca
If I could pay $1000 to meet Lindsey, and I knew for a FACT (and persnally witnessed that this was the case) that ALL of it was going to a charity of my choice (from, say, a list that FM's management could supply), then I wouldn't mind paying it, coz it would be a dream come true to meet and spend 20 mins talking to him.

However, this is obviously not the case, and so I think whoever came up with this ridiculous of idea should get their head checked, real soon.....

between 50-200 people per show...ok, so let's say that's an average of 125 per show. $1000 a head. 40 shows. That's $5,000,000..................!!!!!!!!!!

Who do they intend to employ as their "security team".....the entire National Guard??

Thats the way I feel about it. I did it for Stevie in 2001 BUT it was for charity. Maybe if they skip the hotel part it would be cheaper. Just how much does a hotel cost $700.00? I think not.
Old 02-09-2003, 08:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thumbs down I will...

not pay to meet 'em...Mainly after purchasing the album, after paying for concert ticket(s) & concert merchandise I feel that should be enough of my money going towards them...I'm not about to start paying to meet musicians when I have met PLENTY in the past for FREE...Brian "No$$$$" J.

"To acknowledge death is to accept freedom and responsibility."

"Fleetwood Mac and its fans remind me of a toilet plunger...keep bringing up old sh*t..."
Old 02-09-2003, 09:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Weird!!! My computer with high speed internet couldn't load Mick's chat room site. It locked up and I had to "end task" just to get out of it. How is that possible? GRRR I am sorry for being so negative but I am hurt by all this info and I cannot see the benefit to do this for any of Mick's fans or the band's fans. I want to add my thoughts to that thread but I cant because I just cant seem to access the site.

Oh and I have a question that may not be able to get answered here but I wanted to throw it out in here. Ok so if you join his fanclub, you pay 95 or whatever the amount is and you can purchase up to 4 tix per show. Fine, so say I do this (dont think I will though) and I wanted to do the meet and greet so I bring a friend along who is not a fanclub member is the charge 1100 per person or per ticket? Would we have to fork out 1100 total or 2200? It disgusts me either way but I just dont feel like Mr Knight brought that up.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Old 02-09-2003, 10:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Angry

This bugs me !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How can Mick justify his costs's for these meet and greets. Tori Amos does Meets and Greets for FREE and there is there is no limit on how many people can show up to meet and greet her. She also does onthem on every tour at every stop. When will Mick get his head out of the clouds and stop thinkig about money.
Old 02-10-2003, 12:25 AM
Addicted Ledgie

CarneVaca said:

Consider all the other commercial- minded concessions the band has already made -- whoring songs to TV commercials, promising to give us a double CD and cutting back to a single disk, to name a couple.

Surely it wasn't Mick by himself who made those other decisions. I think we may yet find out that the whole band is cumplicit in this shameless commercialization and exploitation. And what this meet and greet idea shows, is that these people are just out to make a quick buck, which is quite evident from the limited number of stops on their tour plans.

Well let me stand up fro Stevie, John and Kindsey. Although I'm not 100 percent I'm pretty sure these three aren't behind this at all. Stevie is clearly not in this for the money. Maybe just a very little, but she is big on jer fans, and has had an official websit for years and has never used it the way mick uses his. She answered questions for us. And her condert tickets for TISL were VERY reasonable. Me and my dad both had 10th row seats (would've if not for freaking terrorists ) and they cost 70 dollars. Not 600 dollars, 70.
Now Lindsey. I'm even more sure about him. He since he began was not about money. Tusk prooves it. And i=he would have his album out 3 years if we was thinking about money
And John, John's the purest of them all. He'd be sailing on his boat now, if he wasn't so loyal to Mick.
And Mick, he's just greedy.

He Will Burn You Down
Old 02-10-2003, 01:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Well said Hawkeye! I support Kindsey too!!

Haha the joke is on Mick though, when he has to spend 20 minutes locked in a room with one or two of the odd characters from the BBS!
Old 02-10-2003, 07:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Seriously though ole Mick has a history of these let's get rich quick schemes..some of you may remember the auction stuff and some may even remember the restaurant he was going to operate but it never made money...he has discovered the internet and websites and has figured this is the new way to become rich=:-)

I'd like to say Dream on Mick but some people will do this-join the club and pay the 1100.00..

"We listen to their voices, ignoring our own voice" Stevie - SOTM
"I keep the dream in my pocket, never let it fade away" Lindsey - TITN
Old 02-10-2003, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Hawkeye
CarneVaca said:

Well let me stand up fro Stevie, John and Kindsey.
I'm sure Stevie, John and Kindsey would appreciate your sentiments... if they ever bothered to check this site.

I want to believe what you're saying, but let's face it, it is just speculation and we simply don't know what the deal is.
Old 02-10-2003, 10:12 AM
Addicted Ledgie

The funny thing is I would participate in this if I actually thought "they" would come through with my perception of what I think/thought they were offering. In fact, I would pay for it in a minute if I had a legally binding contract as opposed to some pathetic promise from "them" for seats in the first five rows and a legally binding contract that Stevie and/or Lindsay would be at every single meet and greet. Right or wrong, no one else interests me for that much money.

What I am afraid will happen is I will spend that much money and then get: (1) to meet the road crew; (2) the same tired promotional poster with, if I am lucky, a computer generated signatures, and; (3) a discounted rate on Mick's extortion site.