The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-05-2003, 05:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Actual Tracklist & First single...Predictions?

I think since USA Today mentioned "Bleed To Love Her" as being on the new album, I think the songs that we got will be the ones on the album.

Here is what I think would be a good running order...

01 Bleed to Love Her
02 Say You Will
03 Illume
04 Come
05 Destiny Rules
06 Everybody Finds Out
07 Miranda
08 Smile At You
09 Murrow Turning Over in His Grave
10 Peacekeeper
11 Running Through the Garden
12 Say Goodbye
13 Silver Girl
14 Steal Your Heart Away
15 Thrown Down
16 Red Rover
17 Goodbye Baby
18 What's the World Coming To

I also think "Steal Your Heart Away" will be the first single...if not either "Say You Will" or "Peacekeeper."

Last edited by BlueGrass; 02-08-2003 at 11:17 PM..
Old 02-05-2003, 09:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Although I don't think I'd be able to come up with an order, since we have no idea how some of these songs will sound compared to their demo forms, I do have to agree with what ChiliD has said..."Say Goodbye" must be the last track

http://www.twitter.com/jtwill84
Old 02-05-2003, 11:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Talking

Wow, I don't think I come up with a whole tracklist...but I can tell you some of the order I'd like to hear:
Miranda would make a great first track. If it's anything like the demo, the guitar really eases you in, and before you know it you're totally rocking out. The tempo is very Second Hand News-ish, and SHN is the perfect first song.
Say Goodbye would make a great last song. I want Come to be right smack dab in the middle...the climax of the album, if you will.

As for singles...I think Say You Will, Smile At You, Peacekeeper and maybe Red Rover will be released...but I hope Thrown Down isn't. I love the song, but I don't think it's got the oomph for single status.

But I guess it is a little soon to speculate there are 5 songs I (and I assume most of us) know absolutely nothing about.
-Sonia
"So I close my eyes softly... till I become that part of the wind that we all long for sometimes. And to those that I love like a ghost through a fog, like a charmed hour and a haunted song, and the angel... of my dreams"

"All alone we suffer. Oh, to steal your heart away."
Old 02-05-2003, 11:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

I'm just so wrapped that Murrow is on this album!!

Bluegrass I started doing a thread like this but I came to a standstill because - like Sonia says, we dont know what some of these songs are.

I vote Say You Will or Come (the latter probably not 1st single!) as single.

Wasn'tthere an article yonks ago saying Come would be the first single?????
Old 02-06-2003, 09:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by DownOnRodeo
Wasn'tthere an article yonks ago saying Come would be the first single?????
I don't think so.....but we can always pray!!!

The fact that it made the album has made my year, knowing that I will most likely see it performed live! But having it released as a single, with a video to go along with it, would just be icing!!!

Old 02-08-2003, 09:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Although I don't think I'd be able to come up with an order, since we have no idea how some of these songs will sound compared to their demo forms, I do have to agree with what ChiliD has said..."Say Goodbye" must be the last track
I happen to agree but think that "Goodbye Baby" would make a good last song as well if it is anything like "the tower" demo.

as for singles I would like to add to the list of "Say You Will" and etc.. What about "Bleed to Love her". It was by far a great fm song and definately has enough punch to get a decent amount of airplay. Plus it has that adult contempory radio feel to it. I also think "Thrown Down" has that same appeal and think it could make a good radio single.

Last edited by nightbird28; 02-08-2003 at 09:35 PM..
Old 02-08-2003, 10:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by nightbird28
What about "Bleed to Love her". It was by far a great fm song and definately has enough punch to get a decent amount of airplay.
I'm totally rooting for "Bleed To Love Her" to be released as a single.
If not in the first wave (as they'll most likely simultaneously release one song to AC/Pop/Top 40, and one to Rock stations, to kick-off the album), then definitely in the second wave.

I was seriously bummed that it wasn't released as a single from 'The Dance,' so now they have a chance to redeem themselves.
The song has "hit" written all over it.

As for other singles... from what I've heard of "Say You Will," it's extremely catchy, so that would be a great choice.
"Thrown Down" is another great pick.
And I dig Lindsey's "Peacekeeper"... so if the finished version is comparable to his solo take, then that'd make a great single too.

The rumour has it that Warner Bros. felt at least 8 of these tracks are single material... so I guess how many of them actually get released to radio, will depend on how well the album does.

Johnny Stew
Old 02-09-2003, 10:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I really hope for Come as a first single. It will get a lot of attention. maybe not for big single sales but to show that FM did not sit still in the past decades. Tusk did draw a lot of attention as a first single, and was not such a typical radiofriendly song. Stevie's got her albumtitle, i hope lindseys going for a "not so careful" first single. ( so murrow or red rover would be welcomed by me, also).
Old 02-09-2003, 10:48 AM
Addicted Ledgie

It just occurred to me that one of the unknown tracks to be included on the new album, "Everybody Finds Out", may be known to us after all. I was assuming this to be a new Stevie song but noticed on the sararhiannon.com website that it has been credited to Lindsey. In that case, does anybody think this could be the official title for what we know as "Shuffle Riff" (aka "Hit & Run" aka "Wait For You")? The line "everybody finds out" is featured early on in this song but the correlation between it and the "new" title may be non-existent. Therefore, does anybody know either way?
If this was obvious to everyone but me then I should like to apologise for my ignorance but I thought it was worth putting out there for consideration.
Of course, if "Everybody Finds Out" is indeed a Lindsey song, that upsets the even balance of songwriting credits as previously reported by Mick, giving Lindsey 10 to Stevie's 8 tracks.
Old 02-09-2003, 01:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Phil you GENIUS!! lol I would have NEVER made that connection, and hadn't seen the thing on SaraRhiannon's site either.
I BET that it's Hit n Run!

Who can say what the story behind not including Down On Rodeo is, but leaving out Shuffle Riff in some form would have been equally bizarre in my book.

Now THIS is one I really look forward to hearing Stevie vocal input on!

Old 02-09-2003, 02:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm certainly not as convinced as Downonrodeo is, but i agree on the sheer brilliance of phils question. This is really good wishful thinking and it could be true!!

I've put GOS on minidisk and since the tracklist showed up I've put all the Say You Will-tracks up front after these wonderful tracks, of cause ending with Say goodbye, I was confronted with "the leftovers", in this row: Shuffle riff, Twist of Fate, Given Thing, Gift of screws, Deep dense, steve's riff, and asked myself: why are they leaving out all the rock?

So if Phil is right, it will be the first Real good news since days and days and days
Old 02-09-2003, 03:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by Phil
In that case, does anybody think this could be the official title for what we know as "Shuffle Riff" (aka "Hit & Run" aka "Wait For You")? The line "everybody finds out" is featured early on in this song
I would love it if this were true, but where does that line occur in the song?

Old 02-09-2003, 04:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by sodascouts
I would love it if this were true, but where does that line occur in the song?

I got so caught up in the excitement I got a case of false memory and thought I had heard that line - now that I've checked, I can't find it either!

Help us out Phil!
Old 02-09-2003, 04:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Like Phil said, up 'til now, the assumption has been that "Everybody Finds Out" is a Stevie song... based solely on the previously announced information that both Stevie and Lindsey would have an equal amount of songs on the album.
Although I guess that, too, should be taken with a grain of salt, given that we were also told this would be a double disc set.

I wonder if Sara Rhiannon was able to get confirmation via some source, or if crediting it to Lindsey was a simple judgement call, or even a misprint of sorts.

Personally, I'm hoping that it's a co-written track, between Stevie & Lindsey... and not something that we've already heard, and know by another title.

I guess we'll see!

Johnny Stew
Old 02-09-2003, 05:36 PM

I would be surprised if the songs were divided equally. That's never happened before. Of course, nothing of what is going on with this album has happened before.

If Lindsey has 10 songs, I'm happy.