Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-16-2003, 01:58 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Lightbulb LOL

Quote:
Originally posted by sodascouts
That would be AWESOME! I just hope it's not like when, after Mirage concerts, Lindsey would declare "See you real soon!" lol
Well, I guess, HIS "real soon" and OUR "real soon"...TOTALLY different!! LOL
Old 02-17-2003, 12:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I'm more concerned with Stevie's vocal health. I don't want to start up another debate on her voice but I am concerned that 40 dates in the States may just about be enough for it to handle.
I'm concerned about this as well...seems like Stevie ALWAYS gets sick and shows get cancelled, on every tour. That's why I'm hesitant to buy airfare for any out-of-state shows I might attend...
Old 02-17-2003, 01:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default Hey all...

I'll try to keep everyone in the know about this fan club and stuff I can transcribe or whatever...so far...there's a few videos with mostly Mick (snore...zzz LOL) and one with Lindsey (YAY!!!!!! LOL) and when Stevie speaks (GARBO SPEAKS!! LOL), I'll try to let ya'll know what she says...okee? I think it's a shame how not everyone can afford to be apart of the stuff offered, so I'm gonna try to help ya'll out when they give interesting info.

I still think for 60 bucks, I should get a tee-shirt, a button, a monthly newsletter, a membership card with their pic on it, and...a 24 karat gold ring.
Old 02-17-2003, 02:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Re: Hey all...

Quote:
Originally posted by wondergirl9847
I'll try to keep everyone in the know about this fan club and stuff I can transcribe or whatever...so far...there's a few videos with mostly Mick (snore...zzz LOL) and one with Lindsey (YAY!!!!!! LOL) and when Stevie speaks (GARBO SPEAKS!! LOL), I'll try to let ya'll know what she says...okee? I think it's a shame how not everyone can afford to be apart of the stuff offered, so I'm gonna try to help ya'll out when they give interesting info.
Christy, you're awesome!!! Thank you so much. That is REALLY nice of you
"So I close my eyes softly... till I become that part of the wind that we all long for sometimes. And to those that I love like a ghost through a fog, like a charmed hour and a haunted song, and the angel... of my dreams"

"All alone we suffer. Oh, to steal your heart away."

Last edited by ERigby818; 02-17-2003 at 11:53 PM..
Old 02-17-2003, 02:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default I'm a giver...LOL

No problem!! In fact, I'm on my way to the site in a lil while, to see if anything new has popped up....
Old 02-17-2003, 06:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Exclamation Okay folks...

Here is a lil of what is on the videos from the Fan Club, I can't transcribe all the videos...too much yada, yada...LOL Here's the meaty stuff:

Ray Lindsey is an assistant engineer on the album. (Well, I'm assuming that Raymond is Ray Lindsey...would that be right folks?)

Lindsey says it is a treat and safe working in the house where they recorded.

Lindsey says they recorded in a non-state-of-the-art manner, with drums being set up in hallways and such.

Lindsey is taking Mick and John's great rhythm section and putting his own sensibilities to them (like he ALWAYS does!).

Lindsey says this album is an anthem to survival and optimism.

Yeah, who's video did I love the most..LMAO!!

Can I just say...WHY does Mick have to do ALL the dang videos!! LOL Where is Stevie and John??? I need more Lindsey too!! LOL Mick does 95% of the video banter. Hopefully, we'll get Stevie and John and more Lindsey soon...

Last edited by wondergirl9847; 02-17-2003 at 06:07 PM..
Old 02-18-2003, 11:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by madformac

The UK is one of the most taxed countries in the world. Everything is taxed pretty much, I think the tax on gasoline is about 80% or something ridiculous like that! Plus car tax, can't remember, it's around £140 a year. Income tax usually rides around 10% Same for National Insurance (health service etc) and of course the good old 17.5% value added tax on goods. The best one is Customs. If you import anything over £18 in value they charge you the 17.5% VAT on the goods then Customs duty and then they slap 3.5% import duty on the lot, yes they tax the tax! Still, could be worse, could be living in the tax nightmare of Germany!
Yeesh. George Harrison wasn't kidding (when he wrote Taxman about his country's government)!
-Sonia
"So I close my eyes softly... till I become that part of the wind that we all long for sometimes. And to those that I love like a ghost through a fog, like a charmed hour and a haunted song, and the angel... of my dreams"

"All alone we suffer. Oh, to steal your heart away."
Old 02-19-2003, 12:57 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Exclamation New info...

2/17/03 - Today is the first official day of rehearsal for the Fleetwood Mac touring group. From now on, at noon Pacific Time, the group will be perfecting their work for the live performances to come. We will be bringing Fan Club member photos, video and comments from Fleetwood Mac at the rehearsals soon. We expect to post links to the first photos here before the weekend.

2/17/03 - Members will get an email update in about a week with information about advance ticket purchasing. Information about tour dates and venues will also be posted here in the news section.
Old 02-20-2003, 08:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Lightbulb Email I got...

Dear Official Fleetwood Mac Fan Club Member:

We wanted to send out a first email to officially welcome you to the Club!

We’ve updated all the videos in the Studio Tour section of the fan
site. If you haven’t seen them all yet, feel free to log on and see the new rooms. Right now these are made for high speed connections, but low speed versions are coming within a week or so. We’ve been swamped with questions for the band and have already given many to members for their answer. We should be posting the first set of questions and answers within a week. PLEASE GOD LET LINDSEY ANSWER MY QUESTION!!! Visit the Club through the link at www.FleetwoodMac.com.

We know everyone wants to know concert dates and venues. As soon as we know these you’ll get an email from us. You will have an advance purchasing window before the public including the choice of picking from our Club Only reserved seats!

Congratulations on joining the club. You’ll have great benefits and a super close connection to Fleetwood Mac as the tour progresses!

The Administration Team
Old 02-20-2003, 08:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm more concerned with Stevie's vocal health. I don't want to start up another debate on her voice but I am concerned that 40 dates in the States may just about be enough for it to handle.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm concerned about this as well...seems like Stevie ALWAYS gets sick and shows get cancelled, on every tour. That's why I'm hesitant to buy airfare for any out-of-state shows I might attend...

Yeah, I feel the same way. It is not just Stevie I am afraid of getting sick either. I am going to try to see the first few shows on the tour if I can. I am going to make sure I can cancel the hotel. On the train,bus or airline ticket I could get a credit at least if the show is cancelled.