Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-12-2011, 11:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Possible NEW soundboard? Boston 1979

There is a recording of Fleetwood Mac in Boston on the Tusk tour that sounds like a soundboard. It's been circulating as an excellent audience, but there is no way it's audience.

If I recall, there hasn't been a boston soundboard recording in existence up until now?....Dave, do you know?
Old 02-13-2011, 12:38 AM
Addicted Ledgie

You're right. There so far hasn't been a Boston '79 soundboard. But who knows? Mobile 1980 didn't surface until several years after the main deluge of soundboards, thanks to DavidMN. Sydney '80 wasn't part of that main deluge, either. Maureen sent me the tape, & I passed it around. She had no plans to sell it on eBay (like all the others) because she had several others from that time frame already burned to disc (Yokohama, Melbourne).

So maybe somebody had Boston all this time & has only now decided to circulate it. I think the only other audio soundboard from 1979 is St. Louis (although the Landover video can technically also be called a soundboard audio).

I'm very familiar with the old Boston audience recording, by the way, Al, & I don't think it sounds like anything special technically. Great show, though, along with Providence & the two circulating shows from the Forum. (Those are soundboards we could really use because they both feature the Trojan Marching Band on Tusk.)

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 02-13-2011, 03:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Thumbs up

http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-d...list=1#seeders
Old 02-13-2011, 03:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
You're right. There so far hasn't been a Boston '79 soundboard. But who knows? Mobile 1980 didn't surface until several years after the main deluge of soundboards, thanks to DavidMN. Sydney '80 wasn't part of that main deluge, either. Maureen sent me the tape, & I passed it around. She had no plans to sell it on eBay (like all the others) because she had several others from that time frame already burned to disc (Yokohama, Melbourne).

So maybe somebody had Boston all this time & has only now decided to circulate it. I think the only other audio soundboard from 1979 is St. Louis (although the Landover video can technically also be called a soundboard audio).

I'm very familiar with the old Boston audience recording, by the way, Al, & I don't think it sounds like anything special technically. Great show, though, along with Providence & the two circulating shows from the Forum. (Those are soundboards we could really use because they both feature the Trojan Marching Band on Tusk.)
Thank you for the compliment. Its so interesting how I came across all those soundboards. Someone you and others here I'm sure know, Frank Harding lived here in Minneapolis for a time back in 1998-1999. my friend and I got to know him and we would go over to his house and hang out and look at his impressive collection of stuff. One time I was over there he handed me this box of tapes that he had. He said "it's stuff Mick gave to me years ago." so these tapes were probably Mick's personal copies of soundboards. He said I could make copies of all the shows if I wanted to. the only stupulation he had is that I organize them for him and that any copies I made for myself I wouldnt trade for at leat 2 years, which I honored. How the shows, which included, Oklahoma City, Little Rock, and Nashville from 1977, Baton Rouge from 1978, Mobile from 1980, and I think 3 or 4 each from the Mirage and Tango tours, got out into circulation is that, once I organized them and gave them back to Frank, he went out to NYC to that lady, and I cant remember her name right off hand, who was selling stuff back then, she got them out into circulation. That's pretty uch the story. I will say this, being the first person to hear those shows was and still is quite an honor for me.
Old 02-13-2011, 03:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gldstwmn View Post
THANK YOU for this! I'm listening right now
Old 02-13-2011, 04:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

if this is not a soundboard, is this a new audience sourced tape that has surfaced? I have not heard the previous version to compare to.
Old 02-13-2011, 05:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidMn View Post
Thank you for the compliment. Its so interesting how I came across all those soundboards. Someone you and others here I'm sure know, Frank Harding lived here in Minneapolis for a time back in 1998-1999. my friend and I got to know him and we would go over to his house and hang out and look at his impressive collection of stuff. One time I was over there he handed me this box of tapes that he had. He said "it's stuff Mick gave to me years ago." so these tapes were probably Mick's personal copies of soundboards. He said I could make copies of all the shows if I wanted to. the only stupulation he had is that I organize them for him and that any copies I made for myself I wouldnt trade for at leat 2 years, which I honored. How the shows, which included, Oklahoma City, Little Rock, and Nashville from 1977, Baton Rouge from 1978, Mobile from 1980, and I think 3 or 4 each from the Mirage and Tango tours, got out into circulation is that, once I organized them and gave them back to Frank, he went out to NYC to that lady, and I cant remember her name right off hand, who was selling stuff back then, she got them out into circulation. That's pretty uch the story. I will say this, being the first person to hear those shows was and still is quite an honor for me.
Maureen.... don't recall her last name.
Old 02-13-2011, 05:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacMan View Post
Maureen.... don't recall her last name.
Maureen Loftus I believe. thanks for jogging the old memory there.
Old 02-13-2011, 06:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidMn View Post
Maureen Loftus I believe. thanks for jogging the old memory there.

Whatever happened to her and that other guy....James John? I think was his name. It's been a loooooong time.
Old 02-13-2011, 09:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl84 View Post
Whatever happened to her and that other guy....James John? I think was his name. It's been a loooooong time.
If I remember, he was Maureen's Nephew.
Old 02-14-2011, 12:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I can't access dimeadozen, is there another place that I can find these recordings? Have they been posted here before, and if so does anyone have the link or another link?

Thanks
Old 02-14-2011, 06:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by soul_drifter333 View Post
I can't access dimeadozen, is there another place that I can find these recordings? Have they been posted here before, and if so does anyone have the link or another link?

Thanks
I can upload it in a zip file if that will work for you.
Old 02-14-2011, 09:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Yes, Please. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gldstwmn View Post
I can upload it in a zip file if that will work for you.
Old 02-15-2011, 01:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Here ya go!

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=3CMVUVKZ
Old 02-15-2011, 01:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Thumbs up Well...

it's not a "soundboard" but a very good "audience" recording - the snare drum has that 'distant' audience recording sound to it and I don't hear separation of the instruments that are usually obvious with "true soundboard" recording. Going to compare it to the other recording of this show I have to see how much different these two sources truly have.

This sounds similar to modern day I.E.M. ('In Ear Monitor') recording - but it is an excellent "stereo audience" recording regardless - which for late 70's Fleetwood Mac shows is a VERY RARE thing!

"To acknowledge death is to accept freedom and responsibility."

"Fleetwood Mac and its fans remind me of a toilet plunger...keep bringing up old sh*t..."

Last edited by estranged4life; 02-15-2011 at 01:53 AM..