User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-12-2007, 11:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Nicki View Post
He can still put on a show, if not his exact same show. Ooh, partial spontaneity, baaaaad. We can't have that.
Spontaneity scares the **** out of me. I don't like the unknown. I wish I wasn't that way, but I am. I have to have things all planned and and they must go in order or I'm thrown all out of whack. Some people just cannot be spontaneous, maybe Lindsey is one of them.
Old 04-12-2007, 11:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
While I didn't see any reports of 5:30 myself, I'll take your word for it.
check the lincoln journal article posted this thread.

Quote:
Oh, and please, enlighten us with how the sound is technically manipulated.
check the site...right down to the placement of the mic.

Quote:
Quote:Lindsey obviously didn't know about the equipment restriction or he WOULD have selected another venue. Another blanket statement, much like your so called "fact" earlier, that is not only completely unprovable, but as far as I'm concerned, more than likely false.
Are you seriously suggesting Lindsey planned to cancel the show?

Quote:
They are not secretive about it. The Grozier website even lists them as a user of their system, which they probably wouldn't if it was a secret.
The venue is secretive about it...until the artist shows. I see no Grozier reference on the Rocaca site. Hmmm...Maybe if Lindsey had been advised of the system he would have checked the Grozier site to see Rocacca listed.

Quote:
Your maturity and grace is truly something to behold.
Thankyou.

Hey, read your Chicago posts...are you quite sure that high wasn't a downer? It is obvious you take pleasure in bash. You like facts? I think you have been on edge of seat waiting for this cancellation...anything really.
Old 04-12-2007, 11:34 PM
Senior Ledgie

The rest of your responses are rather thin and don't really warrant a response so I'll just respond to this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BTFLCHLD View Post
Are you seriously suggesting Lindsey planned to cancel the show?
Huh? You are a crazy person, so it seems. You take my statements in the most bizarre directions. Him knowing about their sound system automatically means he was planning on canceling the show at the last minute all along? Interesting.
First of all, I'm sure he was not actively thinking "oh, this place has the Grozier system" on the ride over. I'm sure his sound people knew and either thought it wouldn't be a big deal (as it isn't for the countless other artists who play there every night) or they knew it would affect the sound, but thought they could work with it. And unless Lindsey truly is a diva control freak who has to have every little thing go his way, my guess is it was the latter. They probably thought bringing in a bit of their own equipment would add to the show but it wasn't allowed, and Lindsey presumably would have none of it.

Quote:
Hey, read your Chicago posts...are you quite sure that high wasn't a downer? It is obvious you take pleasure in bash. You like facts? I think you have been on edge of seat waiting for this cancellation...anything really.
Huh? Take an English course, woman.

Oh, now that was offensive. It was really uncalled for and I am deeply sorry. Will you be my bride? We will be the happiest lesbians EVER!
Old 04-12-2007, 11:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Lindsey presumably would have none of it.
There's your fact.

Typing of thin, go change your pad.
Old 04-12-2007, 11:52 PM
Senior Ledgie

My fact is that he presumably did something? I'm in trouble then.
Old 04-13-2007, 12:17 AM
Junior Ledgie

Nothing wrong with all the publicity. Sorry to all the fans who didn't get to see him. He is a treat.
Old 04-13-2007, 12:45 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Good for Lindsey.
I hope he picks better venues in the future.
California is looking forward to having you back!
Old 04-13-2007, 07:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEVEHEDRICK View Post
like I said really no more tix than he's been selling, hey Lindsay your no Stevie Nicks stay home!
Thank gods he's no Stevie Nicks

I can understand why people would be annoyed at having the show cancelled but from all this it seems like it was all caused by both sides. Lindsey's perfectionism (diva-ism? ) and perhaps misinformation on the part of the venue. None of us were in the venue with them, so I don't think we'll really know what happened. Regardless of what both sides say. I do think the venue's website addressing of the whole thing was tacky though.
Old 04-13-2007, 08:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peestie View Post
Thank gods he's no Stevie Nicks

I can understand why people would be annoyed at having the show cancelled but from all this it seems like it was all caused by both sides. Lindsey's perfectionism (diva-ism? ) and perhaps misinformation on the part of the venue. None of us were in the venue with them, so I don't think we'll really know what happened. Regardless of what both sides say. I do think the venue's website addressing of the whole thing was tacky though.

I agree with every word!!

Old 04-13-2007, 08:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm thinking that maybe if you don't like Lindsey you should just like, uh, go away and not bother with trying to convince the rest of us that he's a spoiled little brat.

And who the hell buys a condo over a concert venue then complains about the noise? I hate old people.
Old 04-13-2007, 09:13 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah View Post
I'm thinking that maybe if you don't like Lindsey you should just like, uh, go away and not bother with trying to convince the rest of us that he's a spoiled little brat.
Because only people who hate him can think anything negative about him. True fans realize he's perfect.
Old 04-13-2007, 09:18 AM
Addicted Ledgie

It's not about being perfect or thinking he's perfect. It's about trying to break the house down because he cancelled one damn show. Out of how many?

They're getting refunds and a reschedule. What the hell else do you want? Him to put on a half-assed show so everybody can come back and bitch about how he must be losing his touch?
Old 04-13-2007, 09:22 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah View Post
They're getting refunds and a reschedule. What the hell else do you want? Him to put on a half-assed show so everybody can come back and bitch about how he must be losing his touch?
If having slightly quieter sound causes him to pout so much he puts on a half-assed show, then he is indeed a spoiled little brat. Do you disagree?
Old 04-13-2007, 09:25 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
If having slightly quieter sound causes him to pout so much he puts on a half-assed show, then he is indeed a spoiled little brat. Do you disagree?
When was it established that the additional equipment was for volume?
Old 04-13-2007, 09:28 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Because only people who hate him can think anything negative about him. True fans realize he's perfect.
Maybe I need to re-read this whole thread. I must have missed the whole "Lindsey is perfect in every aspect" claim.