Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
Closed Thread

Old 12-11-2010, 02:28 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Oh christ I might as well wade into the defacation discussion! Why is it that there are always pieces of corn in poop like they're never digested or whatever?
Old 12-11-2010, 02:39 AM
Registered

^
Don't eat corn
Old 12-11-2010, 03:23 AM
Registered

Default You're perfect, Hejira- then AND now.

Hejira- I don't mean to get all mushy and sloppy on you, but:
I do disagree about your choice of the word 'mutilation', though.
I only can empathize with your anger, but I think it's kinder to yourself to not refer to yourself as having been mutilated.
I am sure there is plenty to appreciate in the aesthetic of your circumcised self and 'mutilation' is not a word that generally makes one feel good about himself.
What was there is gone, and you're still complete.
That's what I think, which means tons less than what you think, of course, about your own body.
I mean it in a supportive way. You're the complete package, foreskin or no, you know that
Old 12-11-2010, 03:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniellaaarisen View Post
Nothing more awkward than finding your mother's Playboy photos in the garage at 10 years old. She didn't sign off on them at the last minute because she had a moral crisis but the pictures still exist, her laying naked next to the Playboy Mansion pool
Quote:

TMI: I miss sexytime. I have not had legitimate sexytime since before I left for Seattle in September. WTF.
Dani - that first quote is awesome!

Since September?! Pfffft, trust me, that is not long. I've been single for quite some time now and although I've had some fun since then (Jeez, if I hadn't...) it's still been a while!
Old 12-11-2010, 04:02 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikolaj View Post
If you keep on reading various Bibles, you will see 'to be circumcized or to be uncircumcized makes no difference"-- it's all throughout my King James New Testament.

That's why I made a point to cite it was Old Testament . Anyone who classifies themselves as Christian should already know that the New Testament is the new covenant... ie: it's supposed to essentially render the Old Testament null and void as far as "rules" go. However, that still doesn't stop fringe groups from citing the Old Testament as the basis and justification for their hatred of certain practices and/or groups of folk . But that's another discussion for another time. I have zero interest, let me state that again:
ZERO INTEREST
in discussing religious matters. I'm simply outlaying why some folks cite religion in regards to circumcision... be it correct or incorrect to do so. To each their own in the way they interpret their beliefs. I've always viewed a person's relationship with their beliefs to be like a marriage. It's a private institution which outside commentary is not welcome. Please note again I will not, *WILL NOT* be drawn into a religious debate.
Old 12-11-2010, 10:41 AM
Registered

^Me either. I learned my lesson a year ago in a thread, believe me.
In fact, believe or don't believe whatever you believe or don't believe I think is the best motto, decide for yourself.
Now, I'm unclear- just how much interest do you have in the topic? Nah. It was clear.
Zero Interest. That font looked really cool all engorged like it was. So ya have a little interest in the topic, do ya? No wait, that was ZERO Interest.
It really is better that way.
It does seem that we were just a breath away from a 'which do you prefer?' excursion.
Circ or uncirc?
Louie stated his preference for circumcized, I agree and second it.
But I don't want to be in charge of tabulating all the votes, which wouldn't be admissable anywhere, anyway- like, it would never stand up in court. This reminds me of a joke I initially felt would be wrong to respond with, though I only mean it very much that way.
A female Ledgie expressed her curiosity in experiencing an uncirumcized man, as soon as she can: I'm concerned that it might turn her into a lesbian! A JOKE!
First, lesbians are generally incredibly cool, I know many and haven't disliked one, ever. Good people.
Second, there's nothing wrong with being uncut, it's all good!

Last edited by Nikolaj; 12-11-2010 at 11:04 AM..
Old 12-11-2010, 12:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HejiraNYC View Post
It was inexplicably horrible. For one thing, I really had no idea what I was going in for. I figured it would just be like going to the barber- just take a little bit off the top and the sides. I had no idea that I would end up in the maternity ward. My last memory before going under general anesthesia was looking over and seeing these knocked out women with their huge baby bumps around me. Weird!

I woke up with intense pain. Intense. And it was just a big bloodied pulp down there with nothing but a perfunctorily placed strip of gauze tied around the end, which had already blackened and hardened from all of the bleeding. But as bad as all of that was, I think the worst part of the whole experience was being 8/9 years old and constantly having these strange people at the hospital checking on my junk. So embarassing!

To this day I really have no idea why my parents had me go through with this. First of all, it was NOT medically necessary. I have fond memories of my intact boy parts. And it's not like I had health insurance back then (I nearly died from food poisoning but the parents were too cheap to take me to the emergency room... but that's another story for another time), so they were definitely paying for all of this out of pocket. One theory is that my father started reading this King James bible that had been lying around the house (I don't know how it got in the house to start with), which is all fine and dandy, whatever. But the problem is that English was not his first language. So I figure he must've read all of that spooky sh** in the Old Testament about boys having to be circumcised in order to enter the kingdom of heaven, blah blah blah. And being that my parents are not the brightest bulbs in the bunch, I think they interpreted this literally as, "OMG, if he doesn't get snipped, he's going straight to HELL!" The other theory is that we all went to this old Korean doctor that I despised with a passion. Even as a kid I knew he was utterly incompetent. And he struck me as the kind of doctor who would parrot anything he read, just because I didn't think he possessed the critical thinking skills to draw his own conclusions. So surely he must have read some poorly researched article about circumcision and then tried to act like he was saving my life by compelling my parents to force me into it. Either way, it sucks. It just plain sucks. More than any physical pain, I am just so pissed off that this kind of ignorant misinformation has led directly to my mutilation.

I am curious... why does your son's doctor feel that circumcision is warranted? I can assure you that it's not. The U.S. is like the only country that does this sort of thing routinely, and it's not like the U.S. has the longest life expectancy or the highest quality of life.
Thank you for telling me about your experience. Of course, if my son ends up having to have a circumcision done, he will be informed about what is going to happen and why. I'm sorry that your parents didn't tell you what to expect.
His doctor feels circumcision may be medically indicated because he has phimosis. For definition, see this page http://www.medterms.com/script/main/...rticlekey=4872
Of course, I intend to get second, third, and fourth opinions to make sure it is absolutely necessary. 2 years ago, his pediatrician wanted it done but the pediatric urologist he saw said he didn't want to chance it because my son would have to stop taking other medicines he is currently on for ten days before the procedure. My son was born with heart defects and takes medications for that reason.
So, I would like opinions here. If it is a good possiblity that my son will have to be circumcised, is it better to go ahead with it early on (if a doctor will do it)? I worry that it will be much more traumatic if he has to have it done once he starts puberty.
Old 12-11-2010, 01:46 PM
Registered

^ I wish the best for your little boy and for you, Holiday Road. You seem to be the kind of parent who will make sure the best decision for him is reached at exactly the right time. You were able to get him through a dangerous heart disease during his infancy, nurture him to become a strong child, and it sounds like he's thriving. This should be comparatively easier, for you. For him, I think I agree with you that it will be better for him to have this done before puberty, but then Hejira makes me think the opposite. I am sure you will look into every aspect of the surgery and possible alternative, and it sounds like you are a fantastic parent.
Old 12-11-2010, 01:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Maybe someone should do a poll, on whether or not, we male Ledgies are circumcised, and whether or not we would change our status, if we could.
I am, and wouldn't let it be any other way, for less than $1M. I'd rather be a cleaning lady, than an anteater!

We could name it the Pole Poll.
Old 12-11-2010, 01:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Maybe someone should do a poll, on whether or not, we male Ledgies are circumcised, and whether or not we would change our status, if we could.
I am, and wouldn't let it be any other way, for less than $1M. I'd rather be a cleaning lady, than an anteater!

"I wanna be a star, I don't wanna be a cleaning lady"

hahah. jk.
Old 12-11-2010, 01:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cristochango View Post
"I wanna be a star, I don't wanna be a cleaning lady"

hahah. jk.
Yeah, that's where I was going, with that.
But I would still rather be a cleaning lady, than an anteater star!
I like my pee pee, just the way it is.
JTIS TMI
Old 12-11-2010, 02:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Louie and I are just gonna say it-- giving head is a beautiful, beautiful thing, full of feminine control and a type of weird arousal that you can't get from anything else. Get over the dick fear and try it, girls.
Haha! Genius. And I agree.

A little bit of related TMI from myself - last night I was spared the effort of giving, and instead received. For an hour and a half.
Old 12-11-2010, 03:14 PM
petep9000
This message has been deleted by petep9000.
Old 12-11-2010, 03:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post

I second all of this!
Old 12-11-2010, 04:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

This thread makes me so happy to be female for the first time in my life. I mean, we should really have the labor conversation, though, to balance all this circumcision talk. But seriously... I can't even IMAGINE going through that. :/
Old 12-11-2010, 04:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleCharmer View Post
A little bit of related TMI from myself - last night I was spared the effort of giving, and instead received. For an hour and a half.
I am so. jealous. I don't think words can express.
Old 12-11-2010, 04:37 PM
petep9000
This message has been deleted by petep9000.
Closed Thread