Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-11-2013, 09:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'msoAfraid95 View Post
I don't see the face either.
Well, you aren't missing much, so don't worry about it, but it's like the old lady is lying on Lindsey's shoulder. His fingers are her bangs and eyes and Stevie's hand against the base of Lindsey's hand form a nose and mouth, like this >

Perhaps he and Christine are plotting to steal Stevie's youth and turn her into a crone and the old lady image is a vision of what she will become.

Michele
Old 02-11-2013, 09:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
I recall a review of the album (musically) at the time commenting on the "music box" feel... referring to all the tinkly sorts of sounds sprinkled throughout the songs that made the reviewer think of the sound of a music box playing. It also mentioned the wistfulness of the lyrics and loss and regret themes "can't go back" "back to the gypsy that I was" "she was just a wish" "he remembers a melody" "She remembers how good it can be" just for a few examples. I'd have to go back and listen to the album all the way through
Well, I think Diane falls into that category, harkening back to a music era that has passed. Music that inspired a young Buckingham.

Thinking of the album, how come we never discuss Book of Love? That song never comes up in anything. Maybe they should sing that on this tour, just because it's completely forgotten.

Michele
Old 02-11-2013, 09:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Well, you aren't missing much, so don't worry about it, but it's like the old lady is lying on Lindsey's shoulder. His fingers are her bangs and eyes and Stevie's hand against the base of Lindsey's hand form a nose and mouth, like this >

Perhaps he and Christine are plotting to steal Stevie's youth and turn her into a crone and the old lady image is a vision of what she will become.

Michele
Thanks, I kinda see it now. LMAO at the old crone theory.
Old 02-11-2013, 09:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Thinking of the album, how come we never discuss Book of Love? That song never comes up in anything. Maybe they should sing that on this tour, just because it's completely forgotten.
OMG, that's so funny. Completely Forgotten Songs would make a great thread, although I'm not sure what else would qualify. Maybe "Mystified" from Tango?
Old 02-11-2013, 10:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeInNV View Post
OMG, that's so funny. Completely Forgotten Songs would make a great thread, although I'm not sure what else would qualify. Maybe "Mystified" from Tango?
Wish you were here? Only over you?
Old 02-11-2013, 10:11 PM
Senior Ledgie

I outlined her... is this the old lady?

Old 02-11-2013, 10:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I like this cover for the fact that Lindsey and Christine finally got to appear on cover, and it always said something to me that the songwriters are all on the front involved in the more dramatic romantic poses while Mick and John are just solidly standing by on the back. But as nice and moody as everyone looks this is their most forgettable cover for me, I guess I wish it was a little more artful. Pretty to look at, but not as intriguing.
Old 02-11-2013, 10:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluecalmsea View Post
Yep, you have found her!

Michele
Old 02-11-2013, 10:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Smith View Post
I've always seen this album as the forgotten Fleetwood Mac album. Whenever I watch a documentary on FM, the Mirage album is hardly ever mentioned. I happen to think that it's one of their best albums. I would even go as far as saying that it's as good as Rumours. I know some people may not agree, but that's just my opinion.
This comment is quite interesting. While I've always loved the "Mirage" album, I never thought of it that way. As a child in 1982, "Mirage" was in heavy rotation on my record player. I wore it out for about 2 years, then, put it away. Though I own a copy on cd, I have not listened to it in entirety for MANY YEARS. I just popped it in. While I'm not sure it's as great at "Rumours", it's a brilliant record. It's all coming back to me now and you make a strong point. It is the forgotten record, but it stands the test of time. There are MANY standout cuts that were NEVER played in concert or on the radio........"THATS ALRIGHT", "BOOK OF LOVE", "WISH YOU WERE HERE", "ONLY OVER YOU", "STRAIGHT BACK", "CANT GO BACK"...........Some of these deserve to see the light of day and be added to the 2013 set list.
If Chris decides to come on stage in England, her sitting alone at the piano singing "Wish You Were Here" would be beautiful. Would love to hear Stevie and Lindsey harmonize on "CANT GO BACK".........

Old 02-11-2013, 10:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeInNV View Post
"And now ladies and gentlemen, we'd like to perform a selection of songs that no one liked enough to request or hated enough to criticize."

Not that I'd put Mystified in that category. I love it. But sometimes I want to sing, "you've got me hypnotized," instead of mystified.

For some reason, mystified doesn't seem to go there. That's like Thrown Down. My tongue wants to say "like a hurricane," rather than "like a barricade."

Michele
Old 02-11-2013, 10:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

This is probably my second favorite cover. It's down to earth, elegant, and hints at the darkness and the nostalgic theme present in most of the songs. It looks dated now, but in a classic way.
Old 02-11-2013, 10:29 PM
Ledgie

Doesn't It say somewhere on the album that Lindsey's mom (or some other female Buckingham) came up with the "Mirage" title? Or did I read this somewhere else?
Old 02-11-2013, 10:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mmonta4 View Post
Doesn't It say somewhere on the album that Lindsey's mom (or some other female Buckingham) came up with the "Mirage" title? Or did I read this somewhere else?
No, you're right. Nancy Buckingham is credited in the liner notes with the title. I think I read she was an aunt, but I'm not sure. Was she Lindsey's art teacher? Seems I read something like that.

Michele
Old 02-11-2013, 10:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluecalmsea View Post

Yes, though I always pictured her wearing a headscarf.
Old 02-11-2013, 10:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
. Then the god-awful alteration job they did on Stevie's neck freaks me out.
There is no alteration. The secret is revealed!! Stevie Nicks is a man!!