The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Peter Green
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 08-07-2006, 11:51 AM
Senior Ledgie

Default Peter Green - an unknown session ???? Look at the eBay auction and price !!!

From description of the eBay auction:
"(Shimon) Holly - The Owl

Only 100 copies were ever made of this Ultra rare Blues/Psych vinyl LP from 1988, foldout cover.

Israeli guitarist Holly is featured on two electric guitars and bass while the drums are by Israeli session drummer Fregel.

The music is not far removed from Peter Green Fletwood Mac days and, indeed, the winner of this auction will receive a CD copy of a session recorded by Holly with Peter Green. The CD includes two instrumental tracks lasting 15 minutes, recorded back in 1989."

Here is a link:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Israeli-Blues-Ps...QQcmdZViewItem

Krzysztof
Old 08-07-2006, 01:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

????
I've never seen or heard about this!! The photo of Peter, I guess must be from a session earlier than 1989, though... It looks like Peter at the end of Kolors or Katmandu time

Well, the price is way too much for me, but hopefully it will appear on bootleg in the future...
Old 08-07-2006, 03:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansven
????
I've never seen or heard about this!! The photo of Peter, I guess must be from a session earlier than 1989, though... It looks like Peter at the end of Kolors or Katmandu time

Well, the price is way too much for me, but hopefully it will appear on bootleg in the future...
No way this could be authentic . Peter can't have even touched a guitar in 1989, can he? If it was from, say, 1979 or 1999, it would seem possible...Hope we hear from the highest bidder...
Old 08-07-2006, 04:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm sure I've heard of this somewhere before, but naturally I can't remember where

When I first saw this thread, I thought "Oh yeah, that loose session with the Israeli guy" - I noted the price and forgot about it. Now you guys say you've never heard of it, and I'm wondering if I was right or wrong... bummer. I'll try and remember where I saw that, if I saw it at all.

It makes me wonder if the expensive price is because of the obscure LP or the Greeny CD...
Old 08-08-2006, 12:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Celmins' book notes that Kolors played in Israel in 1984 (and possibly before that as well?). I've never heard about this particular session, but if it is the real thing, maybe the date is simply a error - could be 1984 rather than 1989.
Old 08-08-2006, 06:06 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Yes, it's certainly not '89. Didn't Kolors have a lot of trouble in Israel? with the promoters of a festival or something... It could have been from that time...
Old 08-08-2006, 06:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansven
Yes, it's certainly not '89. Didn't Kolors have a lot of trouble in Israel? with the promoters of a festival or something... It could have been from that time...
The first Israel trip with Kolors was apparently in '83. And the second one in summer '84 (if Celmins is to be believed). The organisers ran out of money, so only one of three planned gigs went ahead, and the band spent more tham two weeks in Tel Aviv, could have been then perhaps?
Old 08-08-2006, 01:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dino
The first Israel trip with Kolors was apparently in '83. And the second one in summer '84 (if Celmins is to be believed). The organisers ran out of money, so only one of three planned gigs went ahead, and the band spent more tham two weeks in Tel Aviv, could have been then perhaps?
Yes, that's what I was thinking of. I'm about to get hold of a bootleg of it