User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-16-2018, 07:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillOfTheNight View Post
I mean, he's out what else is there to talk about?
I doubt either McVie's have any ill feelings towards him. But then again, anything to demonize the whole band and put Lindsey on a pedestal, right?
He is not out, he was ousted. So, there's still a lot to talk about. But who cares, right? As long as Queen Stevie has the chance to dance around her house, that's the only thing that matters.

Yeah, I'm sure everything is fine, that's why they're being so mature and are actually talking to him. Because everything is fine.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 09-16-2018, 08:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillOfTheNight View Post
Chris and Stevie get a few more nice songs in with Flynn doing some pre 1975 tracks.
who's Flynn?

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 09-16-2018, 08:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
who's Flynn?
Have not you heard the olde saying "in like Flynn

Old 09-19-2018, 09:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Im a Stevie fan first so in that sense Im interested in seeing the new band but that said, I could not make it through the Ellen clips. I havent bought a ticket to the new tour and Im not sure if Im going to. To me, Fleetwood Mac is the five band members we know and love and even though Im not a fan of Lindseys personality or solo work Im so upset about him not being in the band. I went to my first FM concert on their last tour and I was amazed at Lindseys energy. He was basically the star of the show. If the band had a real reason for firing Lindsey as some have implied, Id be more inclined to side with them here but blaming his firing on scheduling issues is ridiculous. The band has really let me down.
Old 09-19-2018, 09:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyfee View Post
I’m a Stevie fan first so in that sense I’m interested in seeing the new band but that said, I could not make it through the Ellen clips. I haven’t bought a ticket to the new tour and I’m not sure if I’m going to. To me, Fleetwood Mac is the five band members we know and love and even though I’m not a fan of Lindsey’s personality or solo work I’m so upset about him not being in the band. I went to my first FM concert on their last tour and I was amazed at Lindsey’s energy. He was basically the star of the show. If the band had a real reason for firing Lindsey as some have implied, I’d be more inclined to side with them here but blaming his firing on scheduling issues is ridiculous. The band has really let me down.
Interesting. They also blamed it on happiness, but only after the scheduling conflicts got refuted.
Old 09-21-2018, 05:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secret love View Post
I was one of the first to say I was looking forward to seeing the new sextuplet line up. It was new and exciting and enticing. Then they did a few interviews, my interest piqued.

All the anticipation - stupidly bought a ticket I won't be able to afford airfare for unless I get a new job or win the lottery. To Sacramento show, where I saw Stevie solo two years before.

Now, lately, I keep thinking how stupid they (and most people think they is Mick and Stevie but we don't know for certain how involved the McVies were) were. The Rumours 5 put on a spectacular show in Sydney in late 2015. I am so happy I got to see them for what I was sure at the time would not be the last time. How wrong I was.

I'm not one to get involved in the I Stand With Lindsey movement. The band made a decision I disagree with, there are conflicting accounts publicly and only they (the band) know the real story.

But what they did was unfair to a man who had done so much for them.
I will miss him.
I'd say if you're a fan of The Rumours Five, you'd be lying if you said you wouldn't miss Lindsey. His touch was so integral to the sound of that configuration. You can't take him out and have THAT SOUND. I really do love all the different FM lineups over the last 50 years, but The Rumours 5 is my favorite. So for sure I'm going to miss Lindsey more than Peter, Danny, and Bob. I missed what those guys brought to the band too, but Lindsey was a contributor for so many more years than those guys. Lindsey deserved better than how he got treated.
Old 09-23-2018, 12:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

For me I am on Lindsey's side and won't support the band.

I got into FM because of SN. She was the main attraction and I didn't bother with any of the solo albums from other members.

I decided to give them a try and really enjoyed Lindsey's material. It isn't all good but it isn't all bad either. I know his solo material is not exactly MOR top 40 stuff but I like that he isn't selling out just to have hits.

When he got fired I really saw some fans true colors on Facebook. They clearly only support FM if SN is in the band. I saw so many nasty comments about him and or his family. I believe his wife when she says they lied. Why would she put her credibility on the line by lying. She runs an established business and doesn't need the money or exposure that comes with FM. Yet people dump all over her for defending her husband. They call her a liar, gold digger, say she got knocked up on purpose for financial gain etc.

Then when you offer a counter point you either get attacked or they remove your posts and or block you from that group. They also bring up abuse stories from years ago or quote garbage from the "Storms" or "Gold Dust Woman" books of which no one in FM had any say in what was written.

Some of the admins in those groups are something else. They allow slanderous or vulgar comments and do nothing.

I saw a post from a guy who said something to the effect that Lindsey is a woman beater and he bashed a woman's face in. Really???? It is like for the past x amount of years they have had amnesia and suddenly his firing made them remember all the bad **** he did and hence why he deserves to be fired.

When they say Lindsey didn't want to play pre 75 material I just laugh. They had 10 years without him and did a total of 4 Peter Green songs between the 3 tours but nothing else from any other pre 75 member. They did do cover songs by other artists though.

Lindsey may not be perfect but he did a lot for this band and I dislike the people minimizing his talents or contributions to the band. He was the architect of their sound and more then once set aside solo projects to work with them. He could have said no in 85 when Mick wanted a new FM album but he chose to record with them (Doing the album mostly on his own since members were either not there or checked out mentally due to drugs etc.)

Stevie Nicks has more then once kept them waiting when they either wanted to or were recording / touring. Yet the rabid SN worshipers on Facebook won't admit that period. They defend her no matter what. I don't. I may appreciate her talent as a singer etc but I don't excuse bad behavior. Same goes for Mick. I feel Mick only does what is best for his pocket book no matter who gets hurt or how it hurts the brand of FM.
Old 09-23-2018, 12:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Some of the SN fans are nuts. There is one named Ben Davis on Facebook that posts about wanting Karen's info so he can meet SN and then makes these slanderous posts about Lindsey physically abusing SN etc. He needs help. Sadly though people allow it and encourage his nonsense. Same goes with others on there. There is another guy who spams all the groups going on about how stale the setlists were with Lindsey and that he is whiny baby etc. None of what they say is true but they don't call these crazed people on it.

The band as a whole since Tusk virtually ignored the pre 75 lineup and now all of a sudden they are gung ho to revive that material. If that is the only selling point for the new cash grab tour what does that tell you.

In my opinion at this point in their career what is the point of trotting out yet another new lineup? You have nothing new to promote and are charging big bucks to hear allot of songs we have heard done numerous times on various tours.
Old 09-23-2018, 04:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicks Fan View Post

I got into FM because of SN. She was the main attraction and I didn't bother with any of the solo albums from other members.

I decided to give them a try and really enjoyed Lindsey's material. It isn't all good but it isn't all bad either. I know his solo material is not exactly MOR top 40 stuff but I like that he isn't selling out just to have hits.

When he got fired I really saw some fans true colors on Facebook. They clearly only support FM if SN is in the band. I saw so many nasty comments about him and or his family. I believe his wife when she says they lied. Why would she put her credibility on the line by lying. She runs an established business and doesn't need the money or exposure that comes with FM. Yet people dump all over her for defending her husband. They call her a liar, gold digger, say she got knocked up on purpose for financial gain etc.

Then when you offer a counter point you either get attacked or they remove your posts and or block you from that group. They also bring up abuse stories from years ago or quote garbage from the "Storms" or "Gold Dust Woman" books of which no one in FM had any say in what was written.

Some of the admins in those groups are something else. They allow slanderous or vulgar comments and do nothing.

I saw a post from a guy who said something to the effect that Lindsey is a woman beater and he bashed a woman's face in. Really???? It is like for the past x amount of years they have had amnesia and suddenly his firing made them remember all the bad **** he did and hence why he deserves to be fired.

When they say Lindsey didn't want to play pre 75 material I just laugh. They had 10 years without him and did a total of 4 Peter Green songs between the 3 tours but nothing else from any other pre 75 member. They did do cover songs by other artists though.

Lindsey may not be perfect but he did a lot for this band and I dislike the people minimizing his talents or contributions to the band. He was the architect of their sound and more then once set aside solo projects to work with them. He could have said no in 85 when Mick wanted a new FM album but he chose to record with them (Doing the album mostly on his own since members were either not there or checked out mentally due to drugs etc.)

Stevie Nicks has more then once kept them waiting when they either wanted to or were recording / touring. Yet the rabid SN worshipers on Facebook won't admit that period. They defend her no matter what. I don't. I may appreciate her talent as a singer etc but I don't excuse bad behavior. Same goes for Mick. I feel Mick only does what is best for his pocket book no matter who gets hurt or how it hurts the brand of FM.
Thanks for your input, Nicks Fan!

Love that you've given Lindsey's solo stuff a try. You won't regret it.

Many so-called FM fans showed their true colors when Lindsey was fired. They are offended by some comments about Stevie but have no problem doing the same with Lindsey's wife.

Many of us here know those FB group's administrators. Better to avoid those groups, IMO. Anyway, you have many fans here who share the same line of thought. Stevie = Goddess and Lindsey= Abuser.

Those who minimize Lindsey's contribution to the band are not FM fans. No matter how much you dislike the guy, his contribution is undeniable.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 09-23-2018, 05:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
The band as a whole since Tusk virtually ignored the pre 75 lineup and now all of a sudden they are gung ho to revive that material. If that is the only selling point for the new cash grab tour what does that tell you.
Straight truth right there.
Old 09-23-2018, 05:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
The band as a whole since Tusk virtually ignored the pre 75 lineup and now all of a sudden they are gung ho to revive that material.
They did some Peter Green stuff when Rick Vito was in the band.

I think the biggest reason they want to revisit the early material is because 2018 is the 50th anniversary of their first two albums and Mick, Stevie, and John wanted to celebrate the 50 year legacy of the band, whereas Lindsey talks about the 43 year legacy of the Rumours lineup. Both are valid viewpoints.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 09-23-2018, 09:40 PM

Quote:
Some of the SN fans are nuts.
Ummm, you think?????

Great posts Nicks fan... Agreed and wow.. I've seen some of the $ fans on Facebook and just wow. I'm embarrassed for them.
Old 09-23-2018, 09:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Very well put, I agree with almost every single word and feel the same way.
Old 09-23-2018, 10:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

From a fellow Canadian, you summed my feelings up here as well.

Thank you!

Are you going to see Lindsey in Kingston?
Old 09-23-2018, 11:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

From last year. Christine said "Lindsey left for about 3 years" Can anyone get their facts straight in this band? More like 10!!! Also girl needs to get new choppers!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XFV15oGtNfc