Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-10-2018, 08:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

http://www.z104.com/blogs/maura-omal...2018-musicares

GRAMMY Awards: Imagine Dragons & Portugal. The Man to Honor Fleetwood Mac at 2018 MusiCares Person of the Year Tribute Concert
The bands are joining a lineup including Lorde, HAIM, and more!
JANUARY 10, 2018

MAURA O'MALLEY
CATEGORIES: 2018 Grammy Awards
Fleetwood Mac are making history as the first band to be named MusiCares Person of the Year, and now it looks like Imagine Dragons and Portugal. The Man are along for the ride as performers to honor the band at this year’s tribute concert.

RELATED: Imagine Dragons Talk AMAs Performance with Khalid & More

Lindsey Buckingham, Mick Fleetwood, Christine McVie, John McVie, and Stevie Nicks will perform together at the benefit concert. Additionally, this latest announcement sees Imagine Dragons and Portugal. The Man, as well as Brandi Carlile, Miley Cyrus, Juanes, Alison Krauss and Jerry Douglas, Little Big Town, and the Zac Brown Band sharing the stage with previously announced artists Lorde, Harry Styles, Keith Urban, John Legend, Haim, and OneRepublic to pay tribute to the band with covers of the biggest and most memorable songs from Fleetwood Mac’s catalog.

RELATED: Portugal. The Man Invite Fans Out to Drinks After Performing "Feel It Still" at 2017 AMAs

MusiCares is The Recording Academy’s charity that provides financial, medical, and personal assistance as well as human services to musicians in need, offering a wide variety of programs in everything from financial assistance to substance abuse treatment. So it’s only fitting that Fleetwood Mac were named the Person of the Year for their “creative accomplishments” and longtime support of multiple charities.

The 2018 MusiCares Person of the Year tribute concert takes place during GRAMMY week on Friday, January 26 at New York’s Radio City Music Hall. Tickets can be found here.

As for the GRAMMY Awards, they’ll broadcast live from New York City’s Madison Square Garden at 7:30 PM ET on CBS Sunday, January 28.

TAGS: Fleetwood Mac Portugal The Man Imagine Dragons Lorde MusiCares Person of the Year 2018 GRAMMY Awards

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 01-22-2018, 08:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Ok everyone I think it's time we all start getting excited about this event. Lets talk about what we think the bands will play what will Fleetwood Mac play.
Is it being filmed?

I was searching twitter for some info and it appears that Jared Leto has also been added to the lineup.

Also appears as if Kenny Aronoff is playing with Don Was which should be very cool.

Last edited by justcrazylove; 01-22-2018 at 08:13 PM..
Old 01-22-2018, 09:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I’m going to guess that Fleetwood Mac will play: Dreams or Gypsy, Little Lies, Don’t Stop, Go Your Own Way, and The Chain.
Old 01-23-2018, 01:06 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by justcrazylove View Post

Mr. Shaffer, I'm a member of the Delta Sky Club
and am looking for a virgin in a bathroom near the elevators.
Could you point me the way?
Old 01-23-2018, 02:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamnotafraid View Post
Mr. Shaffer, I'm a member of the Delta Sky Club
and am looking for a virgin in a bathroom near the elevators.
Could you point me the way?
You do know that that's NOT Paul Shaffer(sp?), right?
Old 01-23-2018, 02:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post

Of course its not.
Its quite clearly Richard Fairbrass from Right Said Fred...
...I'm Too Sexy for The Mac...

'Where words fail, music speaks'
Mick Fleetwood
Old 01-23-2018, 03:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post

Of course its not.
Its quite clearly Richard Fairbrass from Right Said Fred...
...I'm Too Sexy for The Mac...
The first pic is Kenny Aronoff. A famous drummer. I've met him several times, and I'm friends with his son.
Old 01-23-2018, 03:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
The first pic is Kenny Aronoff. A famous drummer. I've met him several times, and I'm friends with his son.

Yes, KennyAronoff, @AranoffOFFICIAL is something of a giveaway.
I'd say there's a good chance he'll be the 'House' drummer for the evening.

Mick Fleetwood
Old 01-23-2018, 11:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
What??????
Old 01-24-2018, 02:11 PM
Senior Ledgie

So, this is strange, but the Fleetwood Mac Fan Club account on Instagram posted a pic of the band rehearsing for the MusiCares show. That photo has since been deleted.

Going from memory, I saw Stevie (with sunglasses) at the mic, John (back turned to the camera), Mick behind the drums, and Lindsey with guitar. Couldn't see Chris in the pic.

The Fan Club account was reposting James Robinson's photo. He appears to have taken it down is well, and it looks like he works for Suretone Entertainment, who appears to manage Fleetwood Mac to some extent? His account has several pics of him with Mick, Chris, Stevie. I apologize if somebody knows who this is or Suretone's relationship with the band, just did a little digging for my own education. This is his Instagram account: https://www.instagram.com/kingjames508/ And here is Suretone's management roster: http://suretone.com/management/

Anyway, just passing along what I saw!

EDIT: So sorry, disregard most of the above, here is the photo:

Last edited by jeets2000; 01-24-2018 at 02:23 PM..
Old 01-24-2018, 02:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeets2000 View Post
So, this is strange, but the Fleetwood Mac Fan Club account on Instagram posted a pic of the band rehearsing for the MusiCares show. That photo has since been deleted.

Going from memory, I saw Stevie (with sunglasses) at the mic, John (back turned to the camera), Mick behind the drums, and Lindsey with guitar. Couldn't see Chris in the pic.

The Fan Club account was reposting James Robinson's photo. He appears to have taken it down is well, and it looks like he works for Suretone Entertainment, who appears to manage Fleetwood Mac to some extent? His account has several pics of him with Mick, Chris, Stevie. I apologize if somebody knows who this is or Suretone's relationship with the band, just did a little digging for my own education. This is his Instagram account: https://www.instagram.com/kingjames508/ And here is Suretone's management roster: http://suretone.com/management/

Anyway, just passing along what I saw!

EDIT: So sorry, disregard most of the above, here is the photo:
I'm aware several of the individual acts moved over to Suretone Management from Sanctuary a few years ago. I didn't know Stevie was with them though. Not sure why the pics would be deleted- very secretive. Sure Chris will be there out of shot somewhere.

Mick Fleetwood
Old 01-25-2018, 01:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Wonder whether Lorde will bring out Jack Antonoff on stage. Also looks like Jared Leto has been added. Really curious how it will go and who will sing which song!

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 01-25-2018, 05:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Is this televised?

He Will Burn You Down
Old 01-25-2018, 07:10 PM
Ledgie

In reference to the new rehearsal photo: This sort of thing doesn't normally bother me, but Lindsey Buckingham really needs to mix up the wardrobe. At this point, I'd settle for a silk shirt, bell bottoms or a kimono. He's worn the same thing for well over a decade now.
Old 01-25-2018, 07:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Wardrobe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamwilliame View Post
In reference to the new rehearsal photo: This sort of thing doesn't normally bother me, but Lindsey Buckingham really needs to mix up the wardrobe. At this point, I'd settle for a silk shirt, bell bottoms or a kimono. He's worn the same thing for well over a decade now.
Later in life, Steve Jobs wore the same thing everyday. He did not want to waste time or mental energy on something so trivial (to him).