User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-11-2011, 09:33 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Yeah, I know. I wouldn't want to be a mod. Of course there are a couple of people that bug me, but I just don't want to waste any time, being all negative and sh*t. Life.is.too.short. Move on, and find the good things!

Speaking of good things, I think it's time for a glass of wine by the pool, and to eliminate some tan lines.

JTIS.
Rough life

Quote:
THANKS SO MUCH. $100-ish is definitely in my price looking range! And 2TB is 10 times what the drive is on here, so that should last me a while! My credit card rolls on the 17th...I'll go get one then. I so look forward to getting this machine upgraded to W7!
Welcome, hope it works out! I'm so relieved to finally have my stuff backed up.
Old 06-11-2011, 09:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
Congrats! Were you voted hottest girl?
Lol nah.
But... I did get voted the most beautiful by my bf.
That's enough for me (lol that wasn't intended).
Old 06-11-2011, 10:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzeQuze View Post
Rough life

Welcome, hope it works out! I'm so relieved to finally have my stuff backed up.
Haha, it is! The great thing about being me, is that I have a lot of free time. When I have to work, I work hard, and put in the hours. Fortunately, that's usually about 3 days a week, so yeah, I get about 4 vacation days a week. Life's a bitch!

Thanks for the advice. Next weekend, I'm heading to Best Buy!
Old 06-11-2011, 02:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chelluversu View Post
I am now officially done with high school as of yesterday.
Graduation is this saturday

I think I'm gonna celebrate by sleeping.
Congratulations!!!!!
Old 06-11-2011, 02:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

So y'all know about my weight loss, blah, blah, blah.....

I've never known my BMI, but I stopped in Sam's Club just now, and they were doing a free men's health screening.

Sooo, the chart starts off at a low BMI of 19, and that's for a man who's 4'10". I'm 5'10". My BMI? 20.1!!!
The nurse said it was the lowest number she'd seen all day! (god, the two guys in front of me, were both at LEAST 100 lbs overweight....I wish I could have seen their numbers!)
Old 06-11-2011, 03:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
So y'all know about my weight loss, blah, blah, blah.....

I've never known my BMI, but I stopped in Sam's Club just now, and they were doing a free men's health screening.

Sooo, the chart starts off at a low BMI of 19, and that's for a man who's 4'10". I'm 5'10". My BMI? 20.1!!!
The nurse said it was the lowest number she'd seen all day! (god, the two guys in front of me, were both at LEAST 100 lbs overweight....I wish I could have seen their numbers!)
Um, why? Congrats on your numbers and staying healthy, but why would their numbers concern you?
Old 06-11-2011, 03:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mezzoforte View Post
Um, why? "Congrats" on your numbers, but why would their numbers concern you?
^^^If you don't mind, my darling, I've edited for more accuracy.
You're so like me
Old 06-11-2011, 03:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Um, why? Congrats on your numbers and staying healthy, but why would their numbers concern you?
Curiosity. If you weighed 145 lbs, and had a BMI of 20, wouldn't you be CURIOUS what the BMI of the 375 lb guy next to you, might be?
Old 06-11-2011, 03:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzeQuze View Post
Yeah I had to resign as mod here because I wanted the place to be peaceful but you can't force peace! I felt I was no longer effective because it was affecting me so much. Peacekeeper taaaake your time...
That's where I went wrong too. I tried so hard to get everyone to play nice with each other, instead of just letting them work it out (or not) for themselves. Was way more stressful than it needed to be. The Ledge is a whollllle lot more fun for me now!

In other news, my stomach's growling. Trying to lose a couple lbs for pool season & starvation seems to be the quickest way. lol.
Old 06-11-2011, 03:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LikeAWillow View Post
^^^If you don't mind, my darling, I've edited for more accuracy.
Ah, I've missed you. Yes, you hit the mark.

Quote:
Curiosity. If you weighed 145 lbs, and had a BMI of 20, wouldn't you be CURIOUS what the BMI of the 375 lb guy next to you, might be?

Whatever floats your boat. To me, though, your desire the know that specific BMIs of men who are clearly unhealthy (and presumably concerned about it, given that they'd gone to get checked) sounds more like schadenfreude than curiousity. Weight is not a competition, and others' fatness does not make you skinnier.
Old 06-11-2011, 04:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Whatever floats your boat. To me, though, your desire the know that specific BMIs of men who are clearly unhealthy (and presumably concerned about it, given that they'd gone to get checked) sounds more like schadenfreude than curiousity. Weight is not a competition, and others' fatness does not make you skinnier.
While no offense is taken, see, almost nothing can be said around here, without someone else pointing out why they think you're in the wrong, or non-PC, or whatever.

I merely pointed out that I was curious, as to their own BMI's. No competition, nothing like that(clearly, since the one guy made 2.5 of me, I WON!).

So yeah, thanks for telling me that I shouldn't be curious. You're working with tons of ASSumptions there...
Old 06-11-2011, 04:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
While no offense is taken, see, almost nothing can be said around here, without someone else pointing out why they think you're in the wrong, or non-PC, or whatever.

I merely pointed out that I was curious, as to their own BMI's. No competition, nothing like that(clearly, since the one guy made 2.5 of me, I WON!).

So yeah, thanks for telling me that I shouldn't be curious. You're working with tons of ASSumptions there...
Point taken--I can be over-sensitive when it comes to weight, having struggled with bulimia since high school. I'm clearly coming at this with personal baggage, but so it is: I hate weight jabs almost as much as you love commas.

Yeah, you're allowed to be curious. But you did present BMIs as a competition, as you consistently have with weight in the past. It's a notion that I find deeply problematic, but again, I recognize that I'm probably touchy on this subject. It's a work in progress.
Old 06-11-2011, 04:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

BTW, I have a BMI of 19.2--do I WIN?!

I have a disorder I might struggle with for the rest of my life, so it doesn't feel like a win to me.

ETA: Have I really reached the point of over-sharing on a message board just to make a point? Eh, maybe. Hope I'm not making everyone uncomfortable. For the record, I'm in therapy and have made a lot of progress.

Last edited by mezzoforte; 06-13-2011 at 01:55 PM..
Old 06-11-2011, 04:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Point taken--I can be over-sensitive when it comes to weight, having struggled with bulimia since high school. I'm clearly coming at this with personal baggage, but so it is: I hate weight jabs almost as much as you love commas.

Yeah, you're allowed to be curious. But you did present BMIs as a competition, as you consistently have with weight in the past. It's a notion that I find deeply problematic, but again, I recognize that I'm probably touchy on this subject. It's a work in progress.
We'll agree, that you're clearly touchy on the subject.

The competition is in your mind.

I, for one,,,,,,,(and I say this constantly),,,,,, have a 300 lb guy inside me,,,,,trying to surface. And, I, punch, that, fatass, in, the, nose, every, morning,.

You should stop reading put downs into my text, when it's not intended. (and please don't try to tell me that I'm not allowed to call myself fatass)
Old 06-11-2011, 05:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
We'll agree, that you're clearly touchy on the subject.
Now, now. Don't get cranky just because she "beat" your BMI. No one likes a sore loser.

But seriously, what you just said was even more uncalled for than your "ASSumptions" remark. Grace didn't have to admit any personal bias to you. You presented the fact that you had the lowest BMI of the day as a cause for celebration. Whether that's a good thing or not is marginally up for debate, but it's not debatable that it WAS a competition for you. Grace pointing that out isn't her being touchy-- it's more like her having reading comprehension skills.
You're so like me