The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-28-2017, 03:18 PM

Default Hoping for a BuckVie/McBuck Single

Think we will get a teaser or two? Or maybe clips.

I actually hate clips because I listen to them so much that I wear it out.
Singles can be misleading. I heard Hold Me and thought, "Wow, the whole album is going to sound like that!!" uhhhh no it WILL NOT!! LOL

I thought the Tusk song was going to be a Fleetwood Mac in the jungle sound.. Wrong!

Big Love was an awesome rep for Tango. I, unlike some of you other ingrates, love Tango in the Night! Even whaaaasta matta babbbbbbbbby baaaaaaaaabbbby.. and the dream says I WANT YOU!!!

Trouble definitely misled me on Law And Order. Stand Back was great for Wild Heart... You Are was awesome for In The Meantime...

Any other thoughts diving back to your personal memories??
Old 03-28-2017, 03:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

I am sure we will get a single soon. I thought Friend was the single from In the Meantime, not You Are.
Stand Back was a HUGE single for Wild Heart. It was a mainstay on rock and pop stations. Plus the video on MTV was HUGE.
My memory would point to when the internet got big and they pre-sold Stevie's 2001 Trouble in Shangri-La album online. You would purchase the downloads. This was before I pods even. You could stream the album before it came out in April 2001. This was considered very modern technology and helped launch the album at #5 on Billboard. It was a great time and in the clubs of South Beach the dance version of Planets was #1. It was a great time that summer before the world changed forever in a few months.
Old 03-28-2017, 03:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Save Me sucked. So did the album. that one wasn't misleading.
I'm a bit frustrated they aren't dong more to promote the TITN reissue at the moment. It's out in a couple of days and yet there's been very little from the band. I'm sure they did more for the other releases. I hope its because Chris and Lindsey are busily overseeing a video for a single release and putting the finishing touches to their show.

'Where words fail, music speaks'
Mick Fleetwood
Old 03-28-2017, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
I'm a bit frustrated they aren't dong more to promote the TITN reissue at the moment. It's out in a couple of days and yet there's been very little from the band. I'm sure they did more for the other releases. I hope its because Chris and Lindsey are busily overseeing a video for a single release and putting the finishing touches to their show.
If I remember well the only thing they did for the Mirage reissue was having Christine mentioning it in an interview, and she even sort of joked about it. They've never known how to promote projects that concerns them.
Old 03-28-2017, 04:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
I found Save Me such a refreshing sound compared to Tango. They sounded like a band again. Everyone playing and singing back up, etc. Love when you hear Christine playing keyboards
Old 03-28-2017, 04:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SisterNightroad View Post
If I remember well the only thing they did for the Mirage reissue was having Christine mentioning it in an interview, and she even sort of joked about it. They've never known how to promote projects that concerns them.
From what I remember she specifically gave the interview to support mirage- it was more than just giving it a mention. I'm sure mick did a bit of promo too (could be wrong). You're right though, they aren't good at it.

'Where words fail, music speaks'
Mick Fleetwood
Old 03-28-2017, 04:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
I found Save Me such a refreshing sound compared to Tango. They sounded like a band again. Everyone playing and singing back up, etc. Love when you hear Christine playing keyboards
Agreed! Tango is how you take production too far. It doesn't even sound like a band! It sounds like a studio wizard who's out of touch.

BTM isn't a favorite of mine, but most of the songs still hold up okay...
Old 03-28-2017, 04:44 PM

Quote:
From what I remember she specifically gave the interview to support mirage- it was more than just giving it a mention. I'm sure mick did a bit of promo too (could be wrong). You're right though, they aren't good at it.
No, I've searched, she did two interviews. One specifically for Mirage for Rolling Stone and another in which they just briefly touched the subject and then they talked about future plans. She didn't even really know what was in the reissue, I guess this meant Mirage is still her least favorite album of theirs.
Old 03-28-2017, 04:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
Maybe they sound more fuller like a band but that doesn't mean it's good imo that entire album isn't good and it sounds weird, I listened to it once and had no desire to ever listen to it/any of the songs again.
Old 03-28-2017, 05:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

There is an interview on this board with Stevie talking about the Tango rerelease. It's the one where she mentioned being uncomfortable recording in Lindsey's bedroom.

Remember, the album was delayed so some of the interviews were released back when the album was originally supposed to come out, back in February.
Old 03-28-2017, 05:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Think we will get a teaser or two? Or maybe clips.

I actually hate clips because I listen to them so much that I wear it out.
Singles can be misleading. I heard Hold Me and thought, "Wow, the whole album is going to sound like that!!" uhhhh no it WILL NOT!! LOL

I thought the Tusk song was going to be a Fleetwood Mac in the jungle sound.. Wrong!

Big Love was an awesome rep for Tango. I, unlike some of you other ingrates, love Tango in the Night! Even whaaaasta matta babbbbbbbbby baaaaaaaaabbbby.. and the dream says I WANT YOU!!!

Trouble definitely misled me on Law And Order. Stand Back was great for Wild Heart... You Are was awesome for In The Meantime...

Any other thoughts diving back to your personal memories??
for Seeds, Lindsey made In Our Own Time available for free streaming, and also Seeds the song for a free download before the album came out. i thought In Our Own Time was a nice preview of the album.

of course, we did already have a good idea of the songs on the album way before that since he did live recording of the Songs from the Small Machine in LA in april (and the "singles' came out some time in august i think, album was out in september), and our own Pattie shared her live recordings of the 6 new songs he did in LA in april.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 03-28-2017, 05:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Agreed! Tango is how you take production too far. It doesn't even sound like a band! It sounds like a studio wizard who's out of touch.

BTM isn't a favorite of mine, but most of the songs still hold up okay...
The song Behind the Mask was rumours lineup level great. I loved that song. The rest of the album was good, but to sugary.
Old 03-28-2017, 06:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post
The song Behind the Mask was rumours lineup level great. I loved that song. The rest of the album was good, but to sugary.
Agreed....the problem wasn't the band or the songs (though I've always felt "Save Me" was a bad choice for the lead-off single!), it was the production....Greg Leydani was just too safe and slick. I really wish they had gone with Scott Litt as originally planned.
Old 03-28-2017, 06:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I really dig the basic track for Save Me and Christine's voice is great on it. I don't like the touches. The generic music vamp in the middle, the impressively played but unoriginal guitar solo, the synthesizer...

Still, I was and am impressed with how healthy and strong Christine sounded on it. But beyond this song and the album title track, BTM is THE least inspired FM record I've ever heard. So glossy, so inflated, so lacking in honest energy and substance.
Old 03-28-2017, 06:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fannymac View Post
Agreed....the problem wasn't the band or the songs (though I've always felt "Save Me" was a bad choice for the lead-off single!), it was the production....Greg Leydani was just too safe and slick. I really wish they had gone with Scott Litt as originally planned.
Whoever produced "Love Shines" and "Heart of Stone" should have done BTM and Time.