User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-13-2016, 08:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Street_Dreamer View Post
Bring back Billy, Bekka and Rick and get on with the show.
No can do. No disrespect, but Bekka, Billy and Rick are not "Fleetwood Mac". While they are fantastic musicians, I just don't think they can carry on the FM legacy. I have no interest in going down that road again.
Old 09-13-2016, 08:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WatchChain View Post
No can do. No disrespect, but Bekka, Billy and Rick are not "Fleetwood Mac". While they are fantastic musicians, I just don't think they can carry on the FM legacy. I have no interest in going down that road again.
I guess they weren't FM all those years before Lindsay either...
Old 09-13-2016, 08:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
that might have been some powerful magic
There's still time Jeff is as good as ever...
Old 09-13-2016, 11:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDenimLamp View Post
There's still time Jeff is as good as ever...
I've seen him so many times... he's brilliant..
Old 09-13-2016, 11:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I sincerely hope that Stevie's people are seeing the HATE that she's getting nowadays! Bitch has finally burned bridges...

I've said it for 10 years, but she is the WORST thing that ever happened to FM.

Kick that dumb broad to the curb, and let her enjoy her dwindling solo career, where she can be the ~boss~.

UNGRATEFUL ****.
Old 09-14-2016, 12:32 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WatchChain View Post
So long as Mick, John, and Christine are there, it's Fleetwood Mac to me.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 09-14-2016, 02:57 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Kick that dumb broad to the curb, and let her enjoy her dwindling solo career, where she can be the ~boss~.
David, how do you really feel about her?
Old 09-14-2016, 04:05 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I sincerely hope that Stevie's people are seeing the HATE that she's getting nowadays! Bitch has finally burned bridges...

UNGRATEFUL ****.
Ouch David,

didn't Ma and Pa Simpson teach you any manners.!!!
Old 09-14-2016, 06:01 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default ?

I don't know why so many folks have their panties in a wad over this delay in the album. This is what Stevie and Fleetwood Mac have done since she started her solo career. How many times have we heard her say that she goes back and forth to Fleetwood Mac? She spends a couple years with them and then a couple years solo. She will be going back to the band and my bet is that there will be another album...but it will likely be 2018 before it is out. This is what has happened since 1981.

Those folks who don't want her in the band and think she is "what rhymes with witch" are just going to have to be patient as I don't think anything will change. Stevie has the right to do her own thing...especially since FM has known what will happen after this tour since 1981.
Old 09-14-2016, 08:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnL View Post
I don't know why so many folks have their panties in a wad over this delay in the album. This is what Stevie and Fleetwood Mac have done since she started her solo career. How many times have we heard her say that she goes back and forth to Fleetwood Mac? She spends a couple years with them and then a couple years solo. She will be going back to the band and my bet is that there will be another album...but it will likely be 2018 before it is out. This is what has happened since 1981.

Those folks who don't want her in the band and think she is "what rhymes with witch" are just going to have to be patient as I don't think anything will change. Stevie has the right to do her own thing...especially since FM has known what will happen after this tour since 1981.
Except back then they all weren't either pushing or over 70 years old.

Old 09-14-2016, 08:45 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:

UNGRATEFUL ****.
Actually, she's pretty much a big reason that they are still here and viable at this point........ Good thing Lindsey made sure she was brought along, right? Bet he regrets that now, because he will NEVER shine in the spotlight like she does. Now don't get me wrong, they would have a modest following, I'm sure, but nothing like they have now. Oh, and certainly no number one hit, right? Yeah......
Also, I'm pretty sure Stevie's people couldn't care less about the hate coming from a few people here. After all, the majority of people love her. Check out her positive press over the last few days, the fact that her tickets are selling decently and she's back to making TV appearances. I'd say that she's definitely got more fans than haters. Get it girl!
Old 09-14-2016, 09:27 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lulu28 View Post
Also, I'm pretty sure Stevie's people couldn't care less about the hate coming from a few people here. After all, the majority of people love her. Check out her positive press over the last few days, the fact that her tickets are selling decently and she's back to making TV appearances. I'd say that she's definitely got more fans than haters. Get it girl!
I couldn't agree more. Stevie "haters" can say whatever they want, but she's doing exactly what some of you wish the rest of FM were doing right now: She's doing her thing, she's happy about it, and though I am sure she wants success and public recognition, she is doing her shows to get the songs she loves out there no matter what. Now I know some people's cynicism will stop them from seeing this.
Ultimately, Stevie's just doing what makes her hear content and some of the hate she's getting here comes from the fact the rest of band can't seem to do the same (musically) right now. I think her people can deal with that hate, if they ever see it...

Crystallineknowledge
Dedicated to Stevie.
Old 09-14-2016, 09:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 View Post
Except back then they all weren't either pushing or over 70 years old.
Exactly. That's IT.

We all know what's coming. Hopefully later than sooner, but it's coming.

And we'd like ONE last good album from them, BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE. Because it just might be...

And it's not like she owes them anything. I mean, she'd probably be living in a rusty old trailer now, still waiting tables, if it weren't for them. Yeah, she owes them nothing...
Old 09-14-2016, 10:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie

FM's lucky to have Stevie in the band and Mick counts his lucky stars every time Stevie comes back to FM from her solo work...
Old 09-14-2016, 10:49 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lulu28 View Post
I agree with this totally. I think Stevie HAS made her intentions clear to the band and Mick is refusing to accept it. Just because WE don't know that for a fact, WE speculate and spew hatred. WE form opinions based on hearsay and the fact that Mick whines about her every chance he gets. You don't see Christine and John doing interviews and complaining about Stevie's reluctance to record. Lindsey.......well we all know how that works. She shoots barbs at him, he shoots barbs at her, they kiss and make up today, tomorrow they hate each other. It's called good old fashioned LOVE/HATE. It adds drama to an already volatile relationship and they both love that drama. SO, yes, I do think that the other members of this band are clear on where Stevie stands. The rest of us don't really matter in the scheme of things. Love her or hate her, she's got a right to do what she wants and apparently she wants to go solo right now. Good for her!
I think the drama is manufactured to keep the band in the headlines. They're all multi-millionaires so I'm sure they can all keep themselves occupied for a year or two. Mick's on his own blues tour, Lindsey's buying property, Christine's probably drinking mojitos in Tahiti, and John probably couldn't care less.

Stevie's tour will also help promote the Mirage reissue. So this is all good press. I do think fans add fire to the drama, which all plays into the marketing strategy.