Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 07-07-2013, 11:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samantha View Post
[B]Possibly. But that shtick makes him lots of money

Honestly, I don't think it's shtick this time.

I will just say that I think the Jones Beach Concert was ground zero. (I know this may cause a fight and I am not trying to get anyone upset I am just trying to make my point) Did you ever wonder why Stevie decided to wear a scarf around her neck during the 2nd encore at Jones Beach, when she's never worn a scarf before as part of her costume and has not worn one since??

I guess you could say her neck was cold, but we also know how much Lindsey loves Stevie's neck and since she was going back up on stage you can't take a chance in messing up her makeup can you?

She was wearing a scarf at the Holiday Bowl show in May as well, because it was cold out...
Your absolutely right. I did forget about the Hollywood Bowl scarf/glove combo, but that was almost 1 month earlier the weather is much warmer now. I don't think the temperature was very cool that night, however there are some people on this board that were actually there that night and they can say if it was cold enough for a scarf that night or not.

If someone says it was really cold that night, I'm willing to concede that I could be wrong about the scarf, but I still don't think I am wrong overall because there was more stuff in those videos than just Stevie wearing a scarf out on stage that I did not bring it up because I am trying to not be offensive to anyone.
Old 07-08-2013, 12:10 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
She wore a scarf at the Hollywood Bowl concert too. She came out without it and then she put it on and she said it was because her neck was cold, well she said it was because she was freezing in general. And that's not a first for this tour. She often wears scarfs at outdoor venues, even if it's just in the sixties and seventies. She does it with Fleetwood Mac and during solo concerts too, to protect her voice.

If she is wearing a scarf for any other reason, then why does it happen at just outdoor venues?

Michele
Really, Really I am not trying to start anything. I respect everyone's opinion. I can understand her wearing a scar to protect her voice, however I don't know how much good it will do when you wear it to just sing the last 2 songs in the show.
Also her wearing a scarf around her neck is really NOT the reason I think more could have been going on that night. There was more going on during that show than her just walking out on stage wearing a scarf. If it was a regular show and she walked out on stage wearing a scarf around her neck I would not have thought anything else about it.

I knew I might ruffle feathers when I said something and really I was just trying to get some dialogue going about the shows.

I know this is not a favorable topic, so I will just shut up now.

Last edited by Deeshere; 07-08-2013 at 12:25 AM..
Old 07-08-2013, 12:13 AM
Junior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deeshere View Post
Your absolutely right. I did forget about the Hollywood Bowl scarf/glove combo, but that was almost 1 month earlier the weather is much warmer now. I don't think the temperature was very cool that night, however there are some people on this board that were actually there that night and they can say if it was cold enough for a scarf that night or not.

If someone says it was really cold that night, I'm willing to concede that I could be wrong about the scarf, but I still don't think I am wrong overall because there was more stuff in those videos than just Stevie wearing a scarf out on stage that I did not bring it up because I am trying to not be offensive to anyone.
Not offended at all, just wondering where you're going with this. No worries!
Old 07-08-2013, 12:27 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Really, Really I am not trying to start anything. I respect everyone's opinion. I can understand her wearing a scar to protect her voice, however I don't know how much good it will do when you wear it to just sing the last 2 songs in the show. I knew I might ruffle feathers when I said something and really I was just trying to get some dialogue going about the shows.

Whether it does any good or not is not for me to say, but Stevie usually does end up wearing a scarf at outdoor venues. This happens in her solo shows as well. She didn't do it when she was younger, but she does it now.

Michele
Old 07-08-2013, 01:14 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samantha View Post
Not offended at all, just wondering where you're going with this. No worries!
I would love to tell you where I am going with this, what I think and why, but I really don't feel like I can. No offense. I am not just saying that to you directly, but also the board. There are too many hot buttons with people and I really don't want to argue with anyone.

I think the dynamics of the band are fascinating, so I have reviewed a lot of material and have tried to be objective about my views. That's why I am willing to concede that somethings maybe different than what I originally though they were when someone brings up a different point of view.

Overall I think I have a decent case to make as to what could be going on, but I think I should save that for a later time.

No one can say what may or may not be going on with Stevie and Lindsey except Stevie and Lindsey. The only absolute way to know what is or is not going on is if Stevie and/or Lindsey say so directly. Other than that it is just speculation and I really don't think speculation it should be considered offensive or upset anyone. However, I can see why some people might take offense if the speculation goes against whatever they like or want.

So, as I know I have most likely already made myself a social pariah and will just shut up about it and go back to lurking.
Old 07-08-2013, 06:08 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Stevie can look downright mournful sometimes and the way her lids hood her brown eyes can make her expression even more so.

I'm trying to remember when I last cried at an FM concert. It may have been during the SYW tour.

Michele
Mournful-Yes! And my tears had nothing to do with those two- all about me...lol.

As far as the John controversy, I wonder if he is just tired in the photo? All it takes is one second for someone's expression to take on a whole new meaning. I haven't watched the video though. I definitely do not think for one minute that John cares about being in the limelight, though. If anything was up, it may have been personal. I love when Mick introduces John at shows and the crowd goes nuts. He deserves it!
Old 07-08-2013, 06:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsfan View Post
Possibly. But that shtick makes him lots of money
Just to clarify, that schtick comment wasn't mine.
Old 07-08-2013, 10:33 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADreaming View Post
Just to clarify, that schtick comment wasn't mine.
yeah, it would be nice if people would make an effort to figure out how to quote when posting. there were bunch of confusing comments in this thread most coming from just one person which look like they are coming from numerous different people because that one person didn't quote properly.

Quote:
Overall I think I have a decent case to make as to what could be going on, but I think I should save that for a later time.
while we are making stuff up here's my little contribution:

i was at that Jones Beach show so i have additional insight. there was a full moon. it was warm and breezy and most of the audience was wearing sleeveless shirts while SN and LB wore layers of long sleeves throughout the show. seems pretty clear these people are vampires, or at least LB. i could see his fangs coming out as those young girls told him they were born in 1994. i guess since he couldn't feed on them he had to do it with SN when they were backstage before the final encore... she had to wear a scarf to cover what happened. JM had delayed reaction and got mad about all that by the time of their San Diego show. and MF is just enjoying everything that's going on.

couldn't resist!

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 07-08-2013, 10:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
yeah, it would be nice if people would make an effort to figure out how to quote when posting. there were bunch of confusing comments in this thread most coming from just one person which look like they are coming from numerous different people because that one person didn't quote properly.

i was at that Jones Beach show so i have additional insight. there was a full moon. it was warm and breezy and most of the audience was wearing sleeveless shirts while SN and LB wore layers of long sleeves throughout the show. seems pretty clear these people are vampires, or at least LB. i could see his fangs coming out as those young girls told him they were born in 1994. i guess since he couldn't feed on them he had to do it with SN when they were backstage before the final encore... she had to wear a scarf to cover what happened. JM had delayed reaction and got mad about all that by the time of their San Diego show. and MF is just enjoying everything that's going on.

couldn't resist!
Elle! Be for REAL! You know good & well LB PREFERS Stevie blood! Sheesh!
Old 07-08-2013, 12:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Fleetwood Mac takes America once again

Sacramento Press [click for photos]
http://www.sacramentopress.com/headl...ica_once_again

by Patricia Willers, published on July 8, 2013at 1:38 AM

On tour for the first time in three years, Fleetwood Mac played Sleep Train Arena Saturday night, and it is now safe to say they made up for their cancelled show four years ago. Sacramento was the last stop in the U.S., so the group was ready for a much-needed break, and this fueled them to play a great show. Mick Fleetwood, John McVie, Stevie Nicks and Lindsey Buckingham played for almost three hours, even after starting the show a little late. At the end of the show and after two encores, Nicks and Fleetwood remained onstage and spoke, both loquaciously grateful to their lifetime fans. Those in the crowd were just as appreciative to have another chance to hear such a classic group from their past.

To start the show, Buckingham and Nicks walked out onto the stage hand-in-hand, much to the delight of the audience. Everyone looked happy to be on stage performing again, and Buckingham even went as far as to vocalize it.

“…It appears that there are still quite a few chapters left in the book of Fleetwood Mac!”

Since “Fleetwood Mac Live 2013” marks the 35th anniversary of “Rumours,” the group made sure to play from the album right off the bat. They didn’t stop there, but also included songs from their many albums, “Tusk,” “The Dance” and their new EP, “Extended Play,” among them.

Everyone in the audience had a favorite song, and what was amazing was that it was never the same as the person next to them. Drummers loved Fleetwood’s enthusiastic drum breaks, and those who had a hankering to play guitar—either now or in earlier years—loved Buckingham going solo in “Big Love.”

Buckingham gave it his all and the audience just ate it up. He rarely left the stage, and when he did, it was for just seconds and a guitar switch. Overall it was really Buckingham that ran the show. Whether alongside Fleetwood Mac or touring on his own, he is clearly still at the top of his game.

One after another the hits came, and during “Landslide” everybody took a moment to remember. All around it was still, and people were somewhere else, in another time and possibly with another person. There was a sway to the audience and dreams, past or present, floating about in the air. We are getting older, yes, but that voice hasn’t changed a bit. If anything, it's getting richer.

The moment was only somewhat repeated during “Silver Springs.” Audience members were so riled up by that point that the cheering didn’t fully cease. The ballad was sung during the second encore and at the end of a memorable night, everyone was appreciating what Fleetwood Mac, and in particular what Nicks’ voice, could do.

This was my moment to think back, although admitting exactly how is certainly going to date me—and not in the way you’d expect. “Silver Springs” was the one that made me a convert. I remember thinking, “Who is this?”

Like so many others in the crowd around me, I was taken back to the moment when I first fell in love with the voice of Stevie Nicks. I was back shooting hoops in the barn in middle school, the smell of dust on my fingers—half soil, half WD-40.

“Gypsy” was another great moment. It was then that Nicks really let go. Instead of a drum break, there was a lovely dance break, enchanting witchcraft gypsy style.

An acoustic Nicks and Buckingham duet, “Say Goodbye,” sent everyone home. Throughout the show, Nicks was affectionate towards Buckingham in a sweet and intriguing way that made you wonder if their relationship was really over. It was during this last song that it really hit a chord. Perhaps this is just how rumors start, but there seemed to be a sad tune of unrequited love in the air. Let’s hope they make one more album about it.

Their current world tour began in April and will continue to Europe, after which the group will carry on to Australia for the end of the year. Continue to follow the tour on Twitter with the hashtag, #FleetwoodMac2013. Their new EP, released in April, can be purchased on iTunes. The release of “Extended Play” is in addition to the re-release of “Rumours” in the form of a deluxe edition that includes live tracks. Watch their website for more updates because they’ll be back, Fleetwood said so.
Old 07-08-2013, 12:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post

couldn't resist!
Oh wow, elle! That's some imagery!
Old 07-08-2013, 03:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I am sorry if I offended you Elle and I am also sorry if I have not figured out how to correctly quote someone (as you can see I am not quoting you because I obviously am too computer illiterate to figure out how to do it properly).

Also, as to making stuff up. I think you are being a little harsh. I never said anything definitively. It was speculation and I even conceded in later post that I could be wrong (though I think I still have a right to my own opinion) I would never ridicule anything you might say, because I respect your opinion. The most you might get from me is a respectful disagreement.

I just don't get why any speculation is so offensive. Besides the great music isn't a large part of Fleetwood Mac's appeal just that "speculation". Didn't Lindsey say that the reason the Rumours album became such a big hit was because it brought out the voyeur in the fans ?

Don't Stevie and Lindsey (even now) both continue to invite speculation and titillate fans with their lyrics and interviews?

So again, I apologize for being offensive to you and to anyone else I may have offended with my comments, but for me the speculation is part of fun of being a Mac fan as well as loving all their great music. I truly wish that we could all talk freely about what we think and agree or disagree with each other, but I am not sure that's possible. Much Love Anyway.
Old 07-08-2013, 03:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Deeshere, why don't you share with us what you've been dying to say. You keep saying how you are going to offend people and so you decided to keep it to yourself. Nonsense. Spill those beans NOW! We are dying to read what your opinions are.
I loved elle's version of the reason for the scarfs. That makes sense to me, the fox.
Old 07-08-2013, 03:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

^Hey Deeshere, don't let anybody spoil your good time. It just helps if you know the cast of characters here & have tough skin.

Enjoy!
Old 07-08-2013, 03:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
Deeshere, why don't you share with us what you've been dying to say. You keep saying how you are going to offend people and so you decided to keep it to yourself. Nonsense. Spill those beans NOW! We are dying to read what your opinions are.
I loved elle's version of the reason for the scarfs. That makes sense to me, the fox.
Yeah share- but be prepared to be ripped to shreds! Lol.