The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 08-04-2013, 03:05 AM
Senior Ledgie

I love Miss Fantasy...it would be even better if SN's vocals were even a bit more pronounced, but...I've always thought their music was loaded with sexual innuendo.
"Do you still tremble when I fall? Will you still answer when I call? Would you still love to linger up against the wall?"
Uh...in my experience "lingering up against the wall" has to do with sex and "tremble when I fall made me think of LB's SHN, "lay me down in the tall grass and let me..."
BUT, they've both used phrases like "pushed up against the wall", SN's No Question's Asked comes to mind. they both seem to like to see each other as being on the fence or up against a/the wall to me.
Old 08-04-2013, 07:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desiree View Post
I love Miss Fantasy...it would be even better if SN's vocals were even a bit more pronounced, but...I've always thought their music was loaded with sexual innuendo.
"Do you still tremble when I fall? Will you still answer when I call? Would you still love to linger up against the wall?"
Uh...in my experience "lingering up against the wall" has to do with sex and "tremble when I fall made me think of LB's SHN, "lay me down in the tall grass and let me..."
BUT, they've both used phrases like "pushed up against the wall", SN's No Question's Asked comes to mind. they both seem to like to see each other as being on the fence or up against a/the wall to me.
Lingering up against the wall, yeah, normally the phrase and literal situation therin is sexual.

Thing is, Lindsey really has gone out of his way to write new songs about Stevie Nicks which play into the shipper fantasies (no offence). We know he's married with "three beautiful kids", we know she left him in 1977 because she felt she had no freedom (see 2009 documentary where Stevie talks about the line in Dreams "Now there you go again, you say you want your freedom" is about her feeling trapped in the relationship; she is the one who wanted to be free)

And we have our suspicions based on Stevie stating publicly that Thrown Down, & Everybody Finds Out are both about Lindsey and the former was written during 1997's the dance. So she has rejected him twice and he has been married what, 12 years or something, maybe 15? Three kids under 15, a wife who loves him, knew of Stevie when she met Lindsey but knew nothing of this "sweet spectre", and he loves his wife and kids too - I read some songs on Gift of Screws Mk 2, that is, Lindsey's third solo album of the 2000's following Say You Will, and Under the Skin - some songs on GOS were written with Kirsten or his kids about family life or something?

I don't know why I wrote all this - just love listening to Miss Fantasy but - really? He can't expect us to believe he has any feelings for Stevie other than a kind, mutual friendship and mutual respect for each other's professional achievements (despite the recent patronising comment by him "We're a band of three musicians and a great singer")

Obviously though we do enjoy our Stevie/Lindsey reminiscing and fantasising so - Miss Fantasy could not be more aptly named, written or recorded. A song which describes that strange relationship that is Buckingham Nicks - separated for 35 years yet still in constant contact as part of their shared musicianship and professional partnership fronting a band which audience members would pay to see for this couple alone. And the song and its lyric play into that fantasising Stevie and Lindsey do in their songs, and more broadly [though maybe not intentionally] hints at fans of the Mac fantasies about Stevie and Lindsey.

And Stevie's voice is distant and mixed low because this really is a Lindsey song it is about him and how he feels, there is that lyrical illusion of extending an olive branch to Stevie, but really it is- simply, to me (and I can only give my interpretation seeing as I obviously did not help write the song) - Stevie and he will never be together, fantasy will live on while they continue to perform on stage and on tape however, in their minds and that of their fans.

Take Stevie's word for it, when they are on stage "For that moment we are back in love again"
Old 08-04-2013, 11:49 PM
Senior Ledgie

I agree with pretty much everything you say, Secret Love. I don't see myself as a shipper although I do find SN and LB to have the weirdest, most convoluted relationship ever! I find it beyond strange the way they BOTH speak of and behave toward one another. If he were my hubby, that **** with SN would end, acting or no! But, it is not going to end or it would already be over...whatever the hell it is!
Old 08-05-2013, 12:45 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I agree with pretty much everything you say, Secret Love. I don't see myself as a shipper although I do find SN and LB to have the weirdest, most convoluted relationship ever! I find it beyond strange the way they BOTH speak of and behave toward one another. If he were my hubby, that **** with SN would end, acting or no! But, it is not going to end or it would already be over...whatever the hell it is!
I'm a 20 year old guy, but likewise if my girlfriend wrote and recorded a song such as Thrown Down about another man...there would be a serious conversation at dinner involving turning the TV off and asking her, "Um, scuse me love, what the fluck is this song about your ex doing on the new record? And why the fluck are there half a dozen songs about him but not even one line about me? I think you may be a bit odd my dear."

Would be funny if Stevie had a hubby, we could only imagine the conversations that would go on about songs like Thrown Down, You May be the One, Everybody Loves You, Everybody Finds Out!

There is something definitely weird, some strange sh!t going on when Lindsey's wife seems so totally fine with everything between him and Stevie ...like you said acting or not it's effing weird! And people would pay to see them perform vocally and instrumentally to their usual exemplary standard ...without all the hugging, hand holding, kissing and smelling each other! I would at least! You can have passion in the music and lyrics without the physical lovefest...
Old 08-05-2013, 12:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
hmm... how many millions is Lindsey's guarantee for this tour? Like 9 million? And that's JUST the ticket sales..that's not percentage of merchandise (more money there).... Just sayin'....three kids, a $20 million mansion in LA, living large... some people may have no problem with some public hand holding if it pays those kinds of bills....
Old 08-05-2013, 01:49 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
hmm... how many millions is Lindsey's guarantee for this tour? Like 9 million? And that's JUST the ticket sales..that's not percentage of merchandise (more money there).... Just sayin'....three kids, a $20 million mansion in LA, living large... some people may have no problem with some public hand holding if it pays those kinds of bills....
C'mon! As crazy as the story is, I still find it difficult to believe that any woman would put up with even a once in a while peck or hug of the variety these two display for any amount of money. It makes her look like a fool! Just the YouTube clips alone show an overboard intimacy especially in LB's proprietary handling of SN at times! And, there are probably more than one or two reasons that SN isn't married! Very few men would put up with it at all! I've always thought them interesting to watch but with the wife and kids thing, it's a bit troubling...I'll still be happy to watch tho, lol!it's kind of like a train wreck you can't help watching. Things like this can never end well...which is why we think things are great and when all is said and done we find out it really wasn't!
Old 08-05-2013, 06:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
C'mon! As crazy as the story is, I still find it difficult to believe that any woman would put up with even a once in a while peck or hug of the variety these two display for any amount of money. It makes her look like a fool! Just the YouTube clips alone show an overboard intimacy especially in LB's proprietary handling of SN at times! And, there are probably more than one or two reasons that SN isn't married! Very few men would put up with it at all! I've always thought them interesting to watch but with the wife and kids thing, it's a bit troubling...I'll still be happy to watch tho, lol!it's kind of like a train wreck you can't help watching. Things like this can never end well...which is why we think things are great and when all is said and done we find out it really wasn't!
I remember Stevie's 2009 comment about Lindsey along the lines of (don't quote me on this it may be slightly paraphrased!) "Maybe some day when we're 75 we can be friends"

And now look at the two of them for God's sake! Four years has passed and it's all flucking water under the bridge! They're hopeless, just suck face of stage and get married already ahaha

No, obviously they are not in love, but really ya reckon Kirsten puts up with it for the $20 million mansion and the best of everything -food, entertainment, jewellery, clothes, schooling/education for herself and her kids? Well maybe you have a point. But it would piss me off - I try not to be jealous but if I had a wife out there doing what Stevie says and does publicly with Lindsey (even in interviews they're holding hands for a solid ten minutes!) I'd say to her:
"No one bloody cares about you and Mr I Fell in a Bucket of Fake Tan Yesterday any more, not about your romantic relationship from 36 years ago anyway, darl. You need to move on and start writing songs about something else ...it's getting just a tad tired and predictable. You loved him but you don't now and ya gotta let him go. Just be a friend and leave it at that ...and if he sniffs you on stage again, stop singing the lyrics to Gypsy and instead sing to him "Ooh if I had some perfume, and the perfume was enough, this creep would not sniff me, enough to smell lovely, ooh it was enough" or some sh!t like that. This is a very weird thing you and him got going on girl. And I don't care about money. I care about you and ...either you can have your love affair with Mr Orange or with Benjamin Franklin and Roosevelt and the other Bills or you can have me. Your choice."
Old 08-05-2013, 10:01 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secret love View Post
I remember Stevie's 2009 comment about Lindsey along the lines of (don't quote me on this it may be slightly paraphrased!) "Maybe some day when we're 75 we can be friends"

And now look at the two of them for God's sake! Four years has passed and it's all flucking water under the bridge! They're hopeless, just suck face of stage and get married already ahaha

No, obviously they are not in love, but really ya reckon Kirsten puts up with it for the $20 million mansion and the best of everything -food, entertainment, jewellery, clothes, schooling/education for herself and her kids? Well maybe you have a point. But it would piss me off - I try not to be jealous but if I had a wife out there doing what Stevie says and does publicly with Lindsey (even in interviews they're holding hands for a solid ten minutes!) I'd say to her:
"No one bloody cares about you and Mr I Fell in a Bucket of Fake Tan Yesterday any more, not about your romantic relationship from 36 years ago anyway, darl. You need to move on and start writing songs about something else ...it's getting just a tad tired and predictable. You loved him but you don't now and ya gotta let him go. Just be a friend and leave it at that ...and if he sniffs you on stage again, stop singing the lyrics to Gypsy and instead sing to him "Ooh if I had some perfume, and the perfume was enough, this creep would not sniff me, enough to smell lovely, ooh it was enough" or some sh!t like that. This is a very weird thing you and him got going on girl. And I don't care about money. I care about you and ...either you can have your love affair with Mr Orange or with Benjamin Franklin and Roosevelt and the other Bills or you can have me. Your choice."
You are FUNNY!!! Is that sniffing thing weird or what? I have been told by people who've been close to or hugged SN that she is just one of those people who smell really good, lucky me, people have always said that about me!!!! Still, I wouldn't want LB (or anyone else for that matter) sniffing me, it would make me anxious, lol!
But, really! I do LOVE all of them! They are all just so damned in outer space sometimes...in normal life SN and LB's relationship is exactly what the great majority of us think of as extramarital at this point. Funny there isn't more backlash...although there is more than usual with this tour it seems. Oh, well, endlessly interesting...to be continued...right?