Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 07-31-2017, 01:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlanketMan View Post

Stevie may have Lindsey beat in the Q-rating department, but how many times has Bill Hader parodied her on SNL?!?

lucy lawless by dummy-account
Old 07-31-2017, 02:13 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gldstwmn View Post
I forgot about that one! Nice job by Lucy Lawless. I'll still take Hader's bafflingly silent Buckingham, though! I wish they'd bring back What Up With That this season. But everyone (including Hader) except Kenan Thompson is gone now.
Old 07-31-2017, 04:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by GypsySorcerer View Post
^^^^ That guy saying "You can do it!" in the Don't Stop video.

Seems like mixed reviews for FM on social media, but pretty much everyone is talking about how awful/off Journey was.
Interesting. I pretty much watched the entire Journey set at Dodger stadium on youtube and I was surprised how good they were. I wonder what happened on the east coast.
Old 07-31-2017, 05:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

For all the crap they can put their loyal fans through....when the lights are on they can put on a heck of a show. One the marginal fan would be blown away with. Die hands get numb to the greatness because of the lack of variety.
Old 08-01-2017, 06:28 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ami0425 View Post
She briefly smiled and looked at the crowd during GYOW. She walked to either side of the stage. But other than that, not much. I would imagine it would be difficult to in a stadium since there's so many more people. How far away was the front row of the stage? I saw someone threw a bouqet of dlowers up to her.

Her bit at the end of how she will "never forget" last night I thought was cute.
Yeah, she looked at the crowd in my section during GYOW and she waved at us. But everybody was drunk so I was probably the only one who noticed it.

The first row was probably twenty feet away from the stage, and the stage was high. I saw Lindsey picking up the bouquet and giving it at Stevie (more like throwing it at her ).

I had the "never forget" video. It was weird the use of that concept. It was a weird night.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 08-01-2017, 06:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlanketMan View Post
Heh, as a proud member of Team Lindsey since the 70s, I winced a little at the author's obvious Stevie Bias! I couldn't actually refute anything that he wrote... but still! I even saw a number of "Stevie Nicks for President" shirts being worn by fans, but no LB for Prez versions!

Stevie may have Lindsey beat in the Q-rating department, but how many times has Bill Hader parodied her on SNL?!?

Seriously, though, it's still great seeing the two of them on stage together. The crowd still goes nuts anytime they exhibit any fondness toward each other. It's a unique dynamic in pop/rock music.
Like I said, people were taping her performance of Dreams, but when Rhiannon started, many were already seating with their phones and looking anywhere but her performance.

People were on their feet when I'm so Afraid ended. So it's just a matter of perception, I guess.

The Sara fondness was all faked, IMO. It was totally forced. They didn't sing together in GYOW. Probably the only real interaction was after Landslide. You can't be happy with a Sara hug and then ignore the fact that they weren't near each other for the bows (again).
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Old 08-01-2017, 06:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

he seemed really pissed during GYOW. The tuning of the guitar seemed like it may have been off, and certainly the volume....

he was definitely NOT the happy Lindsey we've seen at BuckVie shows.
Old 08-01-2017, 06:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ami0425 View Post

Lindsey's little "we're a dysfunctional family that hates but still loves each other" speech I thought sounded very strategically worded. I wonder if it had anything to do with Stevie not wanting to participate in the recording that became Buckingham McVie. Or that maybe they really weren't that interested in doing these two shows?
wow that seems much harsher than the way he usually talks about it. He usually doesn't use the word "hate".....

I found it really odd to watch and think about how you've got two separate pieces of this band off touring separately right now and seeing them together felt.....awkward. Really awkward.
Old 08-01-2017, 07:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
he seemed really pissed during GYOW. The tuning of the guitar seemed like it may have been off, and certainly the volume....

he was definitely NOT the happy Lindsey we've seen at BuckVie shows.
He kept looking backstage and shouting at someone there. I was on Christine's side so I saw the whole thing.

No, he was uncomfortable and not very happy. Stevie kept looking at him during the "packing up shacking up" like they usually do, but he didn't turn his head at her not even once.
Old 08-01-2017, 07:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I think he did have a guitar problem or maybe a microphone problem. It looked like he was trying to get attention from someone backstage.
Old 08-01-2017, 08:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
wow that seems much harsher than the way he usually talks about it. He usually doesn't use the word "hate".....

I found it really odd to watch and think about how you've got two separate pieces of this band off touring separately right now and seeing them together felt.....awkward. Really awkward.
Their two shows this year were awkward. Even the bows were weird. Lindsey couldn't wait to get out of there. And Stevie was like: "I'm gonna stay next to Christine."

Like Christine said: "We're better off apart, let's give it a try"
Old 08-01-2017, 09:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Maybe Lindsey was angry about the LA Times Classic West reviewer who gave them a bad review and painted Lindsey in a negative light.

Sad to see clips from Sara where Lindsey and Stevie barely embrace. It does look incredibly forced. I wish they could just be on good terms.
Old 08-01-2017, 09:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyfee View Post
Maybe Lindsey was angry about the LA Times Classic West reviewer who gave them a bad review and painted Lindsey in a negative light.

Sad to see clips from Sara where Lindsey and Stevie barely embrace. It does look incredibly forced. I wish they could just be on good terms.
he could not care less about that - or any other - review during the last 2 weeks of BuckVie shows where he was extrenely happy but now when he came back with FM it all of the sudden occured to him to be angry about some completely inconsequential review?

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 08-01-2017, 09:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyfee View Post

It was forced. Lindsey looks like a robot. No emotion there.

I think he's trying to make a point. He wants to be there as less as possible. Don't know the cause but you can't be that angry about some guitar problem that could always happen.
Old 08-01-2017, 10:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
he could not care less about that - or any other - review during the last 2 weeks of BuckVie shows where he was extrenely happy but now when he came back with FM it all of the sudden occured to him to be angry about some completely inconsequential review?
He knows you should never believe what you read.