User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-05-2018, 01:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
i still don't get what he was trying to say. he was talking against name calling, and then made up yet another name to call people - something-or-other freaks. i don't understand how making up another name for people one doesn't agree with is trying to calm waters.

but i'll gladly listen. and i'm still waiting to hear where that "freak"-name calling came from.

maybe i'm just dense but equating the name that was used (whatever you feeling may be on it!) with the one made up on spot? that makes no sense.
There had been quite a few derogatory terms used for Stevie fans lately, and generally people weren't reacting to it, which is great. But does that make it ok? I think bwboy was just trying to demonstrate - how would others feel if derogatory terms were used for Lindsey fans? What kind if reaction does that cause on the board, and how about we all try not to do it so much.

That was my understanding, but maybe I'm not able to explain it well enough, and possibly he'll be able to explain it better than I can.
Old 05-05-2018, 01:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonSister75 View Post
There had been quite a few derogatory terms used for Stevie fans lately, .
i do appreciate your efforts, so thanks for that! wonder which ones? in the first post i quoted here, bombay listed following:

"for anyone unhappy with the current FM situation, whether they are FM fans, LB fans, BN fans, or SN fans, these were the terms tossed around here:
Pathetic
Hateful
A Trump voter (which is f&cking hilarious)
a loser with nothing else going on in my life...
A Lindsey fanatic...
Have I missed any of the names that have been thrown around on here by Stevie diehards, who are all upset because they have been called
Children of Stevie
Chiffonheads"

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 05-05-2018, 02:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
i do appreciate your efforts, so thanks for that! wonder which ones? in the first post i quoted here, bombay listed following:

"for anyone unhappy with the current FM situation, whether they are FM fans, LB fans, BN fans, or SN fans, these were the terms tossed around here:
Pathetic
Hateful
A Trump voter (which is f&cking hilarious)
a loser with nothing else going on in my life...
A Lindsey fanatic...
Have I missed any of the names that have been thrown around on here by Stevie diehards, who are all upset because they have been called
Children of Stevie
Chiffonheads"
I think his comments came after a post I made yesterday, that a few posters were up in arms about someone saying "pathetic", and I reminded those people that just the day before they were perfectly happy to use the term "Children of Stevie are out of their cells again" as soon as anyone said anything in defence of the rest of the band members.

I think bwboy was looking for a term that would be equivalent to the CoS to demonstrate how derogatory it is, and can we refrain from describing other people here in those terms.

I really didn't want to bring this topic up again, just trying to explain.

And yes we can all try to be not so sensitive about things, but it's also ok to try to sort these issues out.

Hope I'm making some kind of sense???