User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-29-2004, 01:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by GypsySorcerer
Except Kerry, right? And Clark, depending on what days you ask him.
Touche.

I agree, but no one else can beat Bush like Kerry. And Clark is just a nut bag. He's just...u...g...h.

Old 01-29-2004, 01:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by dissention
Touche.

I agree, but no one else can beat Bush like Kerry. And Clark is just a nut bag. He's just...u...g...h.
I think Clark is a dud too. And I do think that Kerry is a respectable man. Dean, however, is a double ugh.
Old 01-29-2004, 01:54 PM

Quote:
I think Clark is a dud too. And I do think that Kerry is a respectable man. Dean, however, is a double ugh.
You say that. But you just pointed to a big flaw in Kerry's presidential bid. Don't you think the Bushers are going to have him for lunch over voting for the war while claiming to oppose it? It's pretty clear to me that Kerry was playing politics with the lives of Americans, not to mention Iraqis, when he decided to vote for the war. If he had thought most Americans were against it, he would have voted against it.
Old 01-29-2004, 02:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by CarneVaca
You say that. But you just pointed to a big flaw in Kerry's presidential bid. Don't you think the Bushers are going to have him for lunch over voting for the war while claiming to oppose it? It's pretty clear to me that Kerry was playing politics with the lives of Americans, not to mention Iraqis, when he decided to vote for the war. If he had thought most Americans were against it, he would have voted against it.
I'm a Republican. Of the Democrats, I have the most respect for Kerry and Lieberman. I will not be voting for Kerry or any of the Democrats. I won't be voting for Bush, either.
Old 01-29-2004, 02:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by jwd
I do think John McVie is Republican and remember Christine doubting whether she would vote for Clinton(if she could),

Joe
I don't think Mick, Chris or John are American citizens.
Old 01-29-2004, 02:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Krista, please tell me you're not going to vote! Vote for somebody--even if it is Shrub. Honestly, I wish it was mandatory to vote in this country. Of course, given time, I'm sure it will be under the Bush-Cheney-Ashcroft presidency. We just won't be able to vote for any party other than the Repugs. Sorta like Florida last time.
Old 01-29-2004, 02:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

I believe this topic has been moved to where it belongs: Chit Chat. Why not reply to all this intelligent discussion there?

http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showth...threadid=12976

Old 01-29-2004, 02:30 PM

Quote:
I'm a Republican. Of the Democrats, I have the most respect for Kerry and Lieberman. I will not be voting for Kerry or any of the Democrats. I won't be voting for Bush, either.
I'm not surprised about Lieberman. He's just a Republican who calls himself a Democrat. God knows why. Your choice of Kerry is interesting, but then again, he has voted like a Republican for the last three years.
Old 01-29-2004, 03:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by sodascouts
I believe this topic has been moved to where it belongs: Chit Chat. Why not reply to all this intelligent discussion there?

http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showth...threadid=12976
If it ain't broke...

Old 01-29-2004, 03:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by DeeGeMe
Krista, please tell me you're not going to vote! Vote for somebody--even if it is Shrub. Honestly, I wish it was mandatory to vote in this country. Of course, given time, I'm sure it will be under the Bush-Cheney-Ashcroft presidency. We just won't be able to vote for any party other than the Repugs. Sorta like Florida last time.
I am considering voting for the Libertarian candidate, Nolan. I agree that voting is important. I just have been disgusted with the major party candidates these past two elections.
Old 01-29-2004, 08:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
dissention:

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by jwd
Or is that the other way around?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm really interested in hearing how lying about sex is just as atrocious as lying about war.

Proceed.

First let me say that I don't believe Bush "lied". We all know Clinton lied, no doubt about it. And you can belittle his offense(s) by using sex or blow jobs, but it was a lot more than that. But to answer your question, I can sum it up in one word. PRINCIPLE.

Joe
Old 01-29-2004, 09:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Not only did Clinton lie under oath and obstruct justice, he furthered this criminal act by sending out his cabinet members to speak with the press to perpetuate his lie. That is pretty bad if you ask me, but no one died over it. Yet, Clinton was impeached over this.

Conversely, Cheney and several other senior members of W's inner circle as well as the head of the CIA and other people knew and openly opined the Niger nuclear stuff was false. It is unknown of W had actual knowledge a la RR and W1 and the Iran-Contra stuff However, W did after the fact say the nuclear Niger stuff was false and he should not have said it. Thousands have died from this lie and the US has for the moment lost face with the world.

Thus, although I recognize Clinton actually broke a law (I am unsure if W did - Where do you look up laws regulating the Pres.'s lying about the reasons for going to war? ), W's lie was far worse IMO. He should be impeached.

save the cheerleader - save the world
Old 01-29-2004, 09:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Unfortunately many will still find themselves confused to what they air...Dem or Repub...after they read every web site out there...Basically it's like this :

If we had a democratic President right now who was leading this war, the republicans would be opposing it and the Dems. praising it..that's just the way I see it....Clinton bombed Iraq MANY times...so I for one do not think this war is a Democrat or Republican war...the reason Kerry voted for it..
Unfortunately now he opposes it (which makes me wary of him.)

I am a registered Republican...but that does not mean I strictly vote that way....I try to judge by who I like the best, no matter what their political party....I don't agree with Democrats on Taxes...I dont agree with Republicans on gay marriage....I dont agree with Democrats on Affirmative Action or Abortion......And I dont agree with Republicans on Medicare and Social Security...

So Who I'm going to vote for is very in the air right now!!

Chris
Old 01-29-2004, 10:15 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by ShangriLaTroubl
I am a registered Republican...
You can still be saved. Don't lose faith.
Old 01-29-2004, 10:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Clinton had every right to lie- it was no ones business who he slept with.

We were frail...
Save us...