User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-20-2014, 10:37 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
I don't think there is a chance in hell that they will will ditch Dreams, Don't Stop, Landslide, Monday Morning, or Say You Love me, despite having heard all of them so many times. But maybe there will be three new songs in the set list?
Monday Morning is not a mainstay of the setlist by any means. it was not played at every single tour. it was already ditched in 2013, too.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 01-20-2014, 11:40 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
Monday Morning is not a mainstay of the setlist by any means. it was not played at every single tour. it was already ditched in 2013, too.
I stand corrected. I have just heard it so many times...
Old 01-20-2014, 11:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
That's what touring does. Ever since I've gone on tour, my sense of time is nowhere near what it used to be.
or traveling. or not having a structured life in some other way.

even if one doesn't have a job with regular workweek structure, if you have kids, they go to school and there's structure imposed with that.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 01-20-2014, 03:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
I do hope, for example, they do either Isn't it Midnight or Little Lies--and ditch Everywhere.
I don't need to hear Everywhere myself, but I think it would be folly not to do it in the UK. It would just remind me of how dumb they are with marketing.

Michele
Old 01-20-2014, 04:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
I don't need to hear Everywhere myself, but I think it would be folly not to do it in the UK. It would just remind me of how dumb they are with marketing.
yup.

i would actually like to hear Everywhere. and Hold Me. and Think About Me. and Say You Love Me.

Old 01-21-2014, 11:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UdwgKAAKdXI

maybe she can bring up Chris Cross and do this gem. Never heard it. Kinda cheesy but Chris's harmonies are great.
Old 01-23-2014, 05:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'd love to see a chronology of what happened to change her mind. The first inkling that Christine could un-retire was in the March, 2012 when Ken Caillat was talking about his book and said "Christine said that I brought passion back into the music for her and brought back so many memories." Still, I wonder what happened to get her to that point.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 01-23-2014, 05:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I'd love to see a chronology of what happened to change her mind. The first inkling that Christine could un-retire was in the March, 2012 when Ken Caillat was talking about his book and said "Christine said that I brought passion back into the music for her and brought back so many memories." Still, I wonder what happened to get her to that point.
She said on Radio 2 that she "got in a bit of trouble" living on her own in Kent, or something along those lines. I'm wondering if something happened to make her seek therapy for her attitude towards the outside world (she had become pretty reclusive), or maybe family intervened?
Old 01-23-2014, 06:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulpian View Post
She said on Radio 2 that she "got in a bit of trouble" living on her own in Kent, or something along those lines. I'm wondering if something happened to make her seek therapy for her attitude towards the outside world (she had become pretty reclusive), or maybe family intervened?
I wonder how much of that had to do with issues she was having related to her village, when the consortium she was a part of fenced off some fields that blocked water access for the locals?

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 01-23-2014, 10:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I'd love to see a chronology of what happened to change her mind.
As someone once mentioned here already, I want to give Steven Tyler all the credit for convincing her to play keyboards onstage in Hawaii with him singing.
Old 01-23-2014, 10:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
As someone once mentioned here already, I want to give Steven Tyler all the credit for convincing her to play keyboards onstage in Hawaii with him singing.
That was me, but I want to know what made her agree to get on the plane and come out of the reclusive life she had been living. I think 10 years earlier she would've said absolutely no to Mick. Obviously she had been practicing. One doesn't just get up on stage and play piano after a decade from not having played in public.

I think Christine has been wanting to come back but didn't know how to do it. I just want to know when that was. Because the pictures of Christine walking her dogs in 2010 and the pictures of her in Amsterdam in 2013 show two very different women.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 01-23-2014, 11:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I wonder how much of that had to do with issues she was having related to her village, when the consortium she was a part of fenced off some fields that blocked water access for the locals?
I can't imagine that that caused her any "trouble" that effected her life or thought patterns at all, though I'm sure it was a bother. I imagine that she started to realize that retiring is one thing, but leaving society is another and maybe she realized, or friends and family let her know, that things had gotten to an unhealthy point. Maybe there was some agoraphobia seeping in.

I give Steven Tyler no credit. He just did what Mick told him too and Mick got her softened up. I give Mick all the credit.

Michele
Old 01-23-2014, 11:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
I can't imagine that that caused her any "trouble" that effected her life or thought patterns at all, though I'm sure it was a bother.
I think it was a total bother. It put her in the public eye -without makeup- and didn't necessarily paint her in the brightest light. It became a hassle.

Quote:
I give Steven Tyler no credit. He just did what Mick told him too and Mick got her softened up. I give Mick all the credit.
Probably true, although I suspect we have to give Ken a lot of credit, too. The timing is my biggest thing. There were two years between the time she was candidly walking her dogs to Ken saying that his book brought her passion back for music, and two years after that, she's back in Fleetwood Mac ready to tour.

There was more than Mick or Ken or whoever that made her go from looking like she wanted to die on "The Dance" to publicly saying she wanted back in the band, if they'd ask.

(And, yes, I realize makeup does a lot. It's the eyes, posture, and attitude that I notice, and she looks ready to go in the 2013 pictures.)

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 01-24-2014, 12:14 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Everyone seems to gloss over the fact that she did do an album during this time away, and clearly she'd been writing and playing to some extent. And she did a decent amount of press to promote it. (I don't recall hearing that she did any performances in support of it, however).

I hate when the media doesn't do their homework and reports she's done nothing since leaving.
Old 01-24-2014, 12:28 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
Everyone seems to gloss over the fact that she did do an album during this time away, and clearly she'd been writing and playing to some extent. And she did a decent amount of press to promote it. (I don't recall hearing that she did any performances in support of it, however).
Well, I DID post a picture from her 2004 VH-1 interview promoting "In The Meantime." When asked if there were shows in store, Christine looked like she wanted to puke.

Quote:
I hate when the media doesn't do their homework and reports she's done nothing since leaving.
Or glosses over Bob Welch...Or Billy Burnette. I mean, Fleetwood Mac was hardly a blues band in 1974 that was magically transformed by Stevie and Lindsey, which is also part of their narrative, NOR was the Clinton inauguration something that lead to "The Dance." In fact, between 1993 and 1996, Lindsey did a solo tour, Stevie did a solo album and tour, and Fleetwood Mac did two tours and an album, all of which bombed.

THE Stephen Hopkins