The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-13-2002, 12:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I can't imagine that Stevie herself would consider singing Songbird on stage. She seems farely territorial about her songs and respectful of other peoples. I also think she knows she would get a lot of flack from critics and fans. But I can't imagine they would just ignore the fact that Chris is gone. So maybe in the middle of the show Stevie and Lindsey could pay homage to Chris by dueting on a medley of Chris songs. (I know that sounds corney but at least its obvious what they are doing-as opposed to occasionally in the show one of them trying to cover one of her songs-they would get no respect for that). Or maybe in the middle of the show..or even the first song of an encore Stevie and Lindsey could leave the stage...and they could do a video collage of footage of Chris played on big screens...either to "Songbird" or to a medley of her biggest hits with FM. I know even that is corny but it would be a way to acknowledge and pay respect to Chris, without trying to take her place by singing her songs themselves.
Old 09-13-2002, 12:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Since the Tusk tour, after "Songbird" (or in the case of the 1994/95 tour after "Imagine" or "Dreaming The Dream") when the houselights came up, they'd play "Albatross" over the PA system as people exited. They could do that with "Songbird" this coming tour...and I'd almost be surprised if they didn't.

Quote:
Taking out Chris's songs will give Stevie and Lindsey the Buckingham/Nicks reunion that is so over due.
Yes, Stevie & Lindsey are now THE songwriters in the band, but, and I repeat, BUT, this still IS "Fleetwood Mac" and NOT "Buckingham Nicks".
Old 09-13-2002, 01:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Damn, Chili, I think you popped a blood vessel or two there, son!

Like Lindsey said, slap whatever name you want on it.......if it sells, it sells!
Old 09-13-2002, 01:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

I've been mulling over in my head lately what I would like to see the new setlist look like... and I think something similar to this would be cool....

1. New Song (Stevie & Lindsey sharing lead vocals)
2. Dreams
3. What Makes You Think You're The One
4. Bleed To Love Her
5. New Stevie Song (preferably "Thrown Down," or something similar)
6. I'm So Afraid
7. Gold Dust Woman
8. World Turning (Stevie & Lindsey sharing lead)
~~~Acoustic Section~~~
9. New Lindsey (something like "Down On Rodeo")
10. Storms
11. Big Love (with Stevie singing back-up, ala Letterman & R&RHOF)
12. Gypsy
~~~End Of Acoustic Section~~~
13.The Chain
14. New Lindsey (something like "Come")
15. New Stevie
16. Oh Well
17. Rhiannon
18. Twisted
19. Go Your Own Way
20. Don't Stop (Lindsey & Stevie sharing lead)
21. Frozen Love
~~~Encore~~~
22. Landslide

Johnny Stew

Last edited by Johnny Stew; 09-13-2002 at 01:38 PM..
Old 09-13-2002, 01:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Twisted, Thrown Down, Come, Frozen Love, and Landslide as a closer?
Well that pretty much meets my requirements, because I know 4 or 5 new songs is the best we can realistically hope for.

Twisted would be mondo-cool, and would translate well to a live performance. I wish it would gain a little more popularity and sort of become a new signature song for them. I am pretty tired of Landslide, but I'd still wait in the rain for two days and pay out a butt-load of money to see them do it!
Old 09-13-2002, 01:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Oh! I overlooked Oh Well!
To see that done by Linds live would be scrump-dilly-isous!
Old 09-13-2002, 01:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by DownOnRodeo
The acoustic Gypsy - not my idea!! It's this mp3 bootleg from the 2000 or 2001 AHI Benefit!
That's not quite what I meant, LOL! I should have explained myself more clearly... the acoustic version of Gypsy is from the AHI 2000, which I have on CD somewhere. But I think it would be a good idea for Fleetwood Mac to add it to the setlist, so those of us who couldn't make it to Phoenix for the AHI can get the chance to hear it live... because it is beautiful.

Laura.
Old 09-13-2002, 01:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Talking u know what johnny.....

i really don't know about linds and stevie singing don't stop together. i mean, i personally, just hear her [christine] voice automatically. don't you? i really can't hear stevie singing lead on that one. but that's jmo.

mimi
Old 09-13-2002, 02:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

As most of you know, "Oh Well" is my all-time favorite Fleetwood Mac tune...probably even my favorite all-time tune, period. But, I hold no anticipation that I'll ever hear Fleetwood Mac play that tune again...at least, not an incarnation with Lindsey & Stevie as members. When they didn't play it on "The Dance" tour, that was the "writing on the wall" for "Oh Well" ...vaya con dios, old pal, I'll just have to hear cover versions of you from here on out. The best I can hope for now would be that the Splinter Group ressurect it on a semi-permanent basis.

I would think that on "Don't Stop", Lindsey would handle the lead vocals himself throughout...as he did at the Clinton Farewell gig.
Old 09-13-2002, 02:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

I originally had "Second Hand News" after "Dreams," and "What Makes You Think You're The One" where "Oh Well" is now... but as a nod to the original incarnation of Fleetwood Mac, I shifted "WMYTYTO" to earlier in the set, dropped "SHN," and added "Oh Well."

But yeah, it is highly unlikely they'll resurrect any of the material from before Stevie & Lindsey joined in 1975... but it would be nice if they at least did one Peter Green tune.

As for "Don't Stop"... I figure since Stevie has (almost) always sung along on the third verse anyway, there's no reason why she couldn't sing Christine's verse herself.
But that's just my opinion.

I have to say that the band will have their work cut out for them, trying to put together this next tour. There is such a wealth of material to choose from... even if you don't go any further back than 1975... that the show could easily run three hours, without any dull moments.

And if you *did* start adding pre-1975 material, you might as well make the show some kind of three-day festival!
(Hey... maybe that wouldnt be so bad! Fleetwood Mac's very own Woodstock!
Friday, Saturday & Sunday... sometime in August, in Oakland, CA.... featuring just about every musician to ever call themselves a member of Fleetwood Mac. Think of the possibilities!
Ok, I'll wake-up now! )

Johnny Stew
Old 09-13-2002, 10:57 PM
Ledgie

Here would be something that I would like to See on the next tour

1 New song (Twist of Fate if it is on the new album)
2 Dreams
3 Dont Let me Down again (god this would be incredible to see today)
4 Second hand news
5 Gold Dust Woman
6 Im so afraid
6I dont want to know (I love this song and it would be my dream to see it live)
7New song
8Sisters of the moon

accoustic Section

9Big Love
10Gypsy
11Go Insane
12Frozen Love
13Land Slide

End Accoustic

14At this point Make mention of christenes absence and speek briefly about her and then I would love heare stevie sing Think about the way it is on the Rumors Demos not the bella donna version (I hate the and the heart says danger part)

15 Hold Me (I think it could be cool if lindsey and stevie sang this togeth (dont shoot me please
16The chain
17Twisted
18Sweet Girl
19Bleed to Love her
20Seven Wonders
21New Song
22NOt that funny
23Silver Springs
24Storms
25World Turning
26Rhiannon

Encores

27Tusk
28Go your own way
29Dont stop
30Farmers Daughter
31shock the audience with sara to end the show

than play songbird over the PA or even cooler would be an old concert vid of the song

(ok ridiculous to dream that half of this would and could happen but 'oh well' noting wrong with having 'dreams'