Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Peter Green
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-29-2014, 05:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default What's on Peter's ipod?

Not that much going on here, so I was tempted to start this half-serious thread.

Let's go!

Some old blues... Robert Johnson obviously.
Old 01-29-2014, 08:05 AM
Addicted Ledgie

The thing about Peter is that his selection will probably turn out to be a complete suprise to us all -to be all obscure contemporary stuff . This is the man who came up with Albatross in the middle of his most authentic blues period after all !
(In Peter's case, always expect the unexpected !)

But, as all that is unknown, lets assume it contains artists we already know he admires .so it got to include: BB King, Bob Marley ,Mark Knopfler ,Freeddie King, Robert Johnson and presumably many other blues greats( including some harmonica players- Peter is quite fond of playing the harp himself but I've never seen him mention harp players - a new thread in itself ?) Carlos Santana . early Eric Clapton, John Mayal and definitely, Hank Marvin and the Shadows...................

and by no means least ,a track or two of heavy Xylophone by Sweep (of that great jazz combo Sooty and Sweep !)

Last edited by THD; 01-29-2014 at 09:43 AM.. Reason: bad spelling !
Old 01-29-2014, 08:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie

And certainly some ethnic music... Arabic ouds, Indian sitars, Chinese, African...

Talking about contemporary music, he's mentioned that he like Björk, P.J. Harvey, Red Hot Chili Peppers, and I think.. Nirvana.

But will it contain Peter Green music?
Old 01-29-2014, 11:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansven View Post
And certainly some ethnic music... Arabic ouds, Indian sitars, Chinese, African...

Talking about contemporary music, he's mentioned that he like Björk, P.J. Harvey, Red Hot Chili Peppers, and I think.. Nirvana.

But will it contain Peter Green music?
and I think some Peter Green & Friends stuff, so he can play along with it......

Mario.
Old 01-29-2014, 12:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mario View Post
and I think some Peter Green & Friends stuff, so he can play along with it......

Mario.
Hahaha, yeah! I really liked that band. They had interesting setlists, and Peter seemed to be enjoying himself. And Mike Dodd(s?) was wise enough to not interfere, but let Peter stay in the front and do the guitar solos.

I wonder if they are still jamming and rehearsing? Even if Peter doesn't want to tour, some of they're studio rehearsals could be released.
Old 01-29-2014, 12:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Hahaha, yeah! I really liked that band. They had interesting setlists, and Peter seemed to be enjoying himself. And Mike Dodd(s?) was wise enough to not interfere, but let Peter stay in the front and do the guitar solos.

I wonder if they are still jamming and rehearsing? Even if Peter doesn't want to tour, some of they're studio rehearsals could be released.
well, this is from Mike Dodd:

"He's well- we had great rehearsal with all the PGAF boys just before Christmas and was playing a blinder! He has a lovely new Gretsch too which sounded great. !"

Mario.
Old 01-29-2014, 02:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

"He's well- we had great rehearsal with all the PGAF boys just before Christmas and was playing a blinder! He has a lovely new Gretsch too which sounded great. !"

Mario.
Ahhh! I LIKE to hear that! Great news. I come to think of that white Gretsch he showed in one music magazine in the mid-90s.
It's great to hear that he's still playing with the Friends. And that they are a group of musicians that are allowing Peter to do it his way. If he wants to play live, then that's ok. If he wants to just jam in the rehearsal room, then that's ok too!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg peter9.jpg (21.2 KB, 21 views)

Last edited by dansven; 01-29-2014 at 02:41 PM..
Old 01-29-2014, 03:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Ahhh! I LIKE to hear that! Great news. I come to think of that white Gretsch he showed in one music magazine in the mid-90s.
It's great to hear that he's still playing with the Friends. And that they are a group of musicians that are allowing Peter to do it his way. If he wants to play live, then that's ok. If he wants to just jam in the rehearsal room, then that's ok too!
no, I don't think it's that guitar,,but it is great to hear that Peter is still enjoying playing and doing some fishing......
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 76565_174180452591997_944663_n.jpg (75.5 KB, 23 views)
Old 01-29-2014, 03:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default I dare not start a new thread on harp players......

Quote:
Originally Posted by THD View Post
The thing about Peter is that his selection will probably turn out to be a complete suprise to us all -to be all obscure contemporary stuff . This is the man who came up with Albatross in the middle of his most authentic blues period after all !
(In Peter's case, always expect the unexpected !)

But, as all that is unknown, lets assume it contains artists we already know he admires .so it got to include: BB King, Bob Marley ,Mark Knopfler ,Freeddie King, Robert Johnson and presumably many other blues greats( including some harmonica players- Peter is quite fond of playing the harp himself but I've never seen him mention harp players - a new thread in itself ?) Carlos Santana . early Eric Clapton, John Mayal and definitely, Hank Marvin and the Shadows...................

and by no means least ,a track or two of heavy Xylophone by Sweep (of that great jazz combo Sooty and Sweep !)
I remember reading somewhere (now where I don't remember), that PG liked Little Walter and Shakey Walther Horton. Shakey Walther Horton because of his abillity to play harp and sing at the same time. PG's own harmonicastyle has elements from both of them.

Ms Moose
Old 01-29-2014, 03:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thumbs up

Quote:

Mario.
This is great news, Mario. The Peter Green Forum will frustratingly soon go into retirement (too early). We need these signs of life.
A recording of some sort would be nice (preferably those rehearsals where he plays well, that never seems to be recorded). Touring is probably too exhausting for him.

Ms Moose
Old 01-29-2014, 03:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
no, I don't think it's that guitar,,but it is great to hear that Peter is still enjoying playing and doing some fishing......
Yep, he's a fisher man!
Here's one from 1999, when he went fishing in Norway.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DF_5j726k4m.JPG (23.7 KB, 21 views)
Old 01-29-2014, 03:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Yep, he's a fisher man!
Here's one from 1999, when he went fishing in Norway.
nice shot.....
Old 01-29-2014, 04:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Yes, we should have a special thread where we posted nice Greeny photos!
They do on a Bob Dylan forum I read from time to time.

They also have threads called "Track Talk", where they discuss one special track. Everything about the song, like lyrics, bass line, drum break, guitar solo etc... For example "Track Talk: Like A Rolling Stone".
We should have similar threads here!!

Last edited by dansven; 01-29-2014 at 04:04 PM..
Old 01-30-2014, 01:12 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Yes, we should have a special thread where we posted nice Greeny photos!
They do on a Bob Dylan forum I read from time to time.

They also have threads called "Track Talk", where they discuss one special track. Everything about the song, like lyrics, bass line, drum break, guitar solo etc... For example "Track Talk: Like A Rolling Stone".
We should have similar threads here!!
Great idea, dansven!
Let's do that. Anyone wants to start the ball?

Ms Moose