The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-15-2018, 10:38 AM
Junior Ledgie

Default Shout for lindsey during concerts!

I'm shocked after having read Lindsey speaking on Instagram. Not answering his calls for more than 7 months??? For the people who are planning to go to the Fleetwood Mac concerts: let's all shout very hard for Lindsey before the concerts starts and after every Lindsey song they perform! Give the band the message we want him back!
Old 09-15-2018, 10:45 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

People did that in 1987 and 1990 in the concerts I attended.
Its not a surprise the band has cut him off. I'm surprised that people are surprised. Its clear they feel guilty and don't want to open up those wounds. Ignore what happened and move on. Its the only way they can go on.
Old 09-15-2018, 10:48 AM
Addicted Ledgie

The problem with this is that most of who are appalled by the firing of Lindsey could probably not bear to sit through a Fakewood Mac show now. However if I had to go I'd do it.I have a deep bass/baritone voice that really carries too

Old 09-15-2018, 11:11 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Shout what? Perhaps "I MISS LINDSEY!" One hates to be rude and disruptive, but it would be nice to let them know of our discontent. Still, it might ruin the show for others if you did it a lot. Perhaps just once at the end so it doesn't bother anyone too much - except for them. Maybe "BRING BACK LINDSEY!" as Mick tells everyone to be kind to each other. (Hypocrite.)

I would never be able to bring myself to heckle anyone, though... even these guys.

Last edited by sodascouts; 09-15-2018 at 11:25 AM..
Old 09-15-2018, 11:23 AM
Addicted Ledgie

As much as I hate what has happened to my all time favorite band in my opinion it’s extremely rude to shout out Lindsey’s name at a show. The people at theses shows paid good money to see this incarnation of the band to perform and they should enjoy the experience. I guess because the MAC does have some younger fans this will probably happen.
Old 09-15-2018, 11:34 AM
Ledgie

They'll only encourage it if Stevie decides to tell stories involving Lindsey to set up songs. That aspect of this tour will be interesting to say the least! I wonder if she'll avoid it alltogether?
Old 09-15-2018, 11:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtkad View Post
They'll only encourage it if Stevie decides to tell stories involving Lindsey to set up songs. That aspect of this tour will be interesting to say the least! I wonder if she'll avoid it alltogether?
I'm wondering that, too. Will he get excised entirely? Will stories like "I wrote this song when Lindsey and I lived in LA before hitting it big" suddenly become "I wrote this song when I was living in LA"? Will he just be erased from the narrative?

Will she tell the same stories, not acknowledging the change in any way?

Or will there be some kind of empty rhetoric thrown in? "I wrote this song when Lindsey and I were living in LA... and I'll always love Lindsey, I wish him well, anyway when Lindsey and I were living in LA...."

I highly doubt she'll say anything revealing or snarky. Not unless she has no self-control at all.

We'll find out soon!

Old 09-15-2018, 11:45 AM
elle
This message has been deleted by elle. Reason: double post
Old 09-15-2018, 11:46 AM
Addicted Ledgie

My hunch is that she probably won’t tell those stories, instead opting to tell stories about Tom Petty.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 09-15-2018, 11:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtkad View Post
oh she'll talk about LB. just read her interviewing Paris Jackson that just came out. people are telling me it has her keep talking about Lindsey.

about shouting messages to performers on the stage and "heckling" at the shows? i've been known to shout stuff to both Lindsey and the whole band at shows, and in 99% of cases people around me were just amused and had no problems with that (while people are usually seriously pi**ed with people coming to the stage in front of their expensive seats and dancing etc). so arguments about "spoiling it for others who paid good money" by yelling some messages are pure bs. it can start interesting interactions and exchanges. just watch vids from U2 shows this year! very interesting exchanges, as you can imagine with different views of audiences on Bono's activism.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 09-15-2018, 11:49 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
My hunch is that she probably won’t tell those stories, instead opting to tell stories about Tom Petty.
haha as usual your hunch is probably off.

she'll talk about both.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 09-15-2018, 11:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie

How about an old “We paid for Fleetwood Mac” after the crowded house and TBHB songs get played.
Old 09-15-2018, 12:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
oh she'll talk about LB. just read her interviewing Paris Hilton that just came out. people are telling me it has her keep talking about Lindsey.
Hmm. I'll have to check that out.

Quote:
about shouting messages to performers on the stage and "heckling" at the shows? i've been known to shout stuff to both Lindsey and the whole band at shows, and in 99% of cases people around me were just amused and had no problems with that (while people are usually seriously pi**ed with people coming to the stage in front of their expensive seats and dancing etc). so arguments about "spoiling it for others who paid good money" by yelling some messages are pure bs.
I think it depends on what you're shouting and how often you do it. I'll be honest with you. 99% of the time, it's not cool, IMHO.

(I'm sure you're part of the 1% that IS cool, so don't be offended by my remarks below.)

I have so many examples of lame shouting at shows.... At one show, a lady hollering "I WANT TO F**K YOU LINDSEY" multiple times throughout the night.... people trying to get Lindsey's attention and talk to him every time he gets within a ten foot radius of their location at the stage.... "HEY LINDSEY! LINDSEY! OVER HERE!" Ugh, let the man do his freaking job!!

I remember one time, this girl in front of me at the stage was seriously tying to show him pics on her phone! "HEY LINDSEY! LOOK! LOOK!" He glanced, nodded and turned away and, encouraged, she tried to show him some MORE photos - "LINDSEY! LINDSEY!" before finally quitting when he didn't come back again.

I stood at the stage in front of Lindsey for every show during the last tour - I went to four - and it was always the same. So many girls trying to get him to talk to them. So many people shouting at him throughout the show, trying to engage him in conversation.

Then there's the oft-slurred "I LURVE YOU LINDSEY" that always seems to get blurted out at least once at a quiet and intense moment in a song at some point in the show... There's the jerks who holler song titles they want to hear (I know we all hate those people, but it's the same sense of entitlement, the same attitude of "Lindsey needs to hear what I think, so I'm going to shout it at top volume.") I could go on and on.

Newsflash to these fans: The show isn't about you and Lindsey. If he comes over during Gypsy and chats to fans or something like that, that's cool. I've had some exchanges with him myself that way.

But when he's doing his thing and there are people who decide they want to have their own little exchange with him at top volume - and a lot of time, those people's comments aren't nearly as clever and funny as they think they are - count me among those who are unimpressed.

It's especially bad if they do it multiple times because he is foolish enough to respond. "This song is from Tango in the Night..." "YEAH! LOVE THAT ALBUM LINDSEY! YEAH! YEAH!" "Why, thanks. So, I wrote the song when I was thinking of leaving Fleetwood Mac...." "YEAH, YOU ARE TOTALLY BETTER WITHOUT THEM! YOU ROCK! YEAH! WOO-HOO!" "Thanks. It was a survival move. Anyway, when I wrote it, I thought I was looking out for love, but now I realize I was looking out for love..." "BIG LOVE! LOVE THIS SONG! BIG LOVE IS AWESOME! WOO-HOO!"

I just think, Oh my gosh, let the man speak. No one came here to hear you "talk" to Lindsey Buckingham.

Quote:
it can start interesting interactions and exchanges. just watch vids from U2 shows this year! very interesting exchanges, as you can imagine with different views of audiences on Bono's activism.
I see what you mean, and I do have to make an exception for the recent "exchange" with Lindsey at the political fundraiser as it led to some interesting responses! But it is the exception that proves the rule. I've been to almost 50 shows (counting Fleetwood Mac, Stevie, and Lindsey combined) and I've never had another instance where I've felt such an "exchange" garnered anything of interest. Quite the opposite. Your Bono example about political exchanges during concerts between him and fans? I would hate to go to a concert and sit through that when I just want to hear some music!

Sorry for the rant - it's a pet peeve of mine.

Heckling is another animal altogether though - that's when you are deliberately trying to be disruptive and insulting towards the person onstage.

Last edited by sodascouts; 09-15-2018 at 12:54 PM..
Old 09-15-2018, 12:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

^^ haha i do all those types of shouting you listed, and no worries!

i uploaded a video from Sugarland BuckVie show where you hear bunch of us constantly yelling stuff at him. it's hilarious (to us! lol). and i had bunch of comments on that video when people were like - "oh shut up you a**holes! he must hate it!" i don't know whether he hates it or loves it or a bit of both, but frankly, i don't really care that much. it takes his speeches in unexpected directions and off the cuff remarks instead of the ones we've all heard and hated for their predictability so many times. i go there to be entertained, and that entertains me . and yes, i'm one of those people who always - always - have requests for songs for him. once he gave us back the whole speech about how he'll do requests on his next solo tour. i'm still waiting for that.

Old 09-15-2018, 12:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

.....................but we turned this thread into shouting TO Lindsey instead of what OP meant - shouting FOR / in support of Lindsey.

so i guess we should go back to the original intent - sorry y'all!

Old 09-15-2018, 01:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

The only sort of protest that truly matters is not paying to see them live. That's all Money Man Mick cares about. There's no reason to possibly ruin the show for the people that do want to see them. Bring a sign or wear a LB shirt. I just don't see the logic in paying tickets, parking fees, etc. to see a band you hate and vocalizing your disdain for them during a show you wouldn't be at in the first place if it weren't for your anger toward them.