The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Present Band
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-04-2018, 08:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Kept getting a weird message yesterday but tried today and got two tickets for MSG. I actually prefer being upstairs at this venue so prices were not too bad.
Old 05-04-2018, 09:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I tried to get tickets right at 10am and I’m astounded... within 15 minutes, there were no tickets aside from third tier balcony on my local venue’s website (Ticketmaster wasn’t available in my state) and worse, the only tickets in other nearish venues where Ticketmaster is the only ticket provider are only ridiculously expensive resale on Ticketmaster. What is going on?? I find it very hard to believe that this tour sold out so fast. Is this scalpers? I don’t even know how to get tickets now... I don’t want unverified tickets or super expensive resale tickets.
Old 05-04-2018, 09:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I was really surprised too that they are no tickets but then again ticketmaster is weird I bet in a few hours there will be a lot available.
Old 05-04-2018, 10:02 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I haven't been able to get anything yet either. I have one computer giving me a really strange message, my phone seems to say that the only thing left is resale tickets and another computer pulled up a pair of floor tickets but they are so far back that they are useless to a short person like me standing on a floor with no slope. I don't understand what is going on. I did get a message saying something about extremely high demand on the site currently, so maybe tickets are getting wiped out. I hope something suitable comes up eventually. I suppose I can go the StubHub route, but since I'll have to travel and figure in a hotel stay as well, I was hoping to avoid that if possible.

Last edited by Feather Blade; 05-04-2018 at 10:04 AM..
Old 05-04-2018, 10:06 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Ok the map finally came up and there are tons of tickets left for the Pittsburgh show. The best floor though is floor 3 row q for 190 plus fees

Last edited by kak125; 05-04-2018 at 10:20 AM..
Old 05-04-2018, 10:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kak125 View Post
I was really surprised too that they are no tickets but then again ticketmaster is weird I bet in a few hours there will be a lot available.
Glad to hear I’m not the only one having this issue! I guess I need to leave it alone and check back in a few hours!
Old 05-04-2018, 10:28 AM
Senior Ledgie

I was having problems on the Ticketmaster site for the Boston show as well. Kept telling me no tickets were available in any section.... Now, though, the map is back up and there are lots of seats available around the arena. I'm debating whether I should wait to purchase, given that the show is still a year away.... Hmmm.... Any suggestions? I'd like to have decent seats, but I'm not willing to spend more than $250 a ticket.....
Old 05-04-2018, 10:33 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by editme2 View Post
I was having problems on the Ticketmaster site for the Boston show as well. Kept telling me no tickets were available in any section.... Now, though, the map is back up and there are lots of seats available around the arena. I'm debating whether I should wait to purchase, given that the show is still a year away.... Hmmm.... Any suggestions? I'd like to have decent seats, but I'm not willing to spend more than $250 a ticket.....
I always wait to buy tickets (unless front row pops up) and it works out so well. I always get a better deal too and have never paid more than $170 a ticket and that was 3rd row floor in 2015 when Christine came back. I think this tour will be like the ones without Christine where there were tons of tickets available. Also it gives you time to save up.
Old 05-04-2018, 10:46 AM
Addicted Ledgie

The seat map finally came up for me as well. You have to go back to the 22nd row to get multiples in a reasonably centered spot though and that is just too far back for me to be able to see over the sea of taller people. I got excited for a moment because there was a pair on the 13th row center that wasn't the pink resale tickets, but it turned out they are platinum seats and I just can't stomach the price difference right now. I would totally be with you on waiting for a good deal to pop up on StubHub at the last minute if it wasn't for the having to travel rub. I wish I knew if they were going to add a second leg and come back through closer to me at a venue that didn't require travel. That has happened to me before. Arghhh, first world problem I guess.
Old 05-04-2018, 02:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Ugh...ticketmaster. I had similar issues as you guys, and when I DID get it to work, all it offered me was junk seats. Gonna have to play the waiting game.
Old 05-04-2018, 06:10 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kak125 View Post
I always wait to buy tickets (unless front row pops up) and it works out so well. I always get a better deal too and have never paid more than $170 a ticket and that was 3rd row floor in 2015 when Christine came back. I think this tour will be like the ones without Christine where there were tons of tickets available. Also it gives you time to save up.
Where do you get your tickets (when you wait)? I have to admit I don't go to tons of concerts, and the recent tickets I've bought have either been cheap standing room only venues (Needtobreathe), college gyms (Switchfoot), or smaller theater venues (Alison Krauss) and all are just straight-ahead purchases. The AK tickets were actually through Tickemaster, but they were straight-ahead regular sale tickets (that I bought the day they went on sale because her shows do pretty brisk sales...but I don't believe have the resale value apparently FM's do ).

All that to say I am apparently way out of touch with buying tickets to hot concerts and I'm not sure what is best to do...I'm looking at Ticketmaster for the show I want to go to, and all the tickets that come up are resale (but through Ticketmaster). I can't imagine Fleetwood Mac sold out a show taking place in March 2019 in Buffalo of all places already...so should i expect more tickets to become available? Is there still a chance to get tickets through Ticketmaster at just "regular sale" price without the "resale ticket" markup?

Apparently I need to get out more...
Old 05-04-2018, 06:23 PM
Senior Ledgie

Smile

WOO HOO! Just got a call from our son that he bought DH and I tickets to see FM October 28 in Cleveland Oh, Mother's Day gift. So excited to see them again, we have seen them over the years in concert 70's and 80's and saw Stevie solo in concert a few times. So it's been quite awhile for us. Even though Lindsey is gone this tour, we still are stoked to see this new lineup. We loved the lineup with Billy and Rick in the late 80's and even liked the Time album lineup. We are big fans of Tom Petty's band and can't wait to hear Mike and Finn's contributions and how the music will sound. Plus sounds like they are shaking up the set list with some Pre-Rumours songs and some Heartbreaker's mixed in. Just can't wait!
Old 05-04-2018, 06:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm going!
Old 05-04-2018, 09:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

MaryLiz2, ticketmaster should release better seats as it gets closer to the show. I have a computer job so a week or two out from the show I bring up ticketmaster and leave the seating map up on one screen and just let it sit there all day. It refreshes on its own so seats will randomly pop up. I pulled up front row to numerous concerts this way but if i dont want to pay full price I get tix from stubhub or tickpick (they dont charge fees) at the last minute the best deals are a few hours out from the show. I am sure you will find some really great tickets for this show I don’t think they are going to sell out. I am excited for this tour though I think it’s going to be fantastic even though I will really miss Lindsey.