Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-01-2017, 11:14 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Big Love Video

I had some questions about the timeline while watching the Big Love music video.

It's my understanding that after recording of Tango, during a dinner meeting LB walked away from the band rather than commit to a tour. I was wondering how close to the finalizing of recording that occurred, and where did the Big Love video shoot fall into that puzzle. Was the video made after splitsville?
Old 02-01-2017, 11:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie

From what I remember, the band filmed 3 videos in advance of "Big Love," "Seven Wonders," and "Little Lies." The were shot before Lindsey left. I remember "Little Lies" was on the "MTV top 20 video countdown" when the news reported that Lindsey had left the band.
Old 02-01-2017, 12:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan4136 View Post
I had some questions about the timeline while watching the Big Love music video.

It's my understanding that after recording of Tango, during a dinner meeting LB walked away from the band rather than commit to a tour. I was wondering how close to the finalizing of recording that occurred, and where did the Big Love video shoot fall into that puzzle. Was the video made after splitsville?
I think his decision to leave was well after the album and videos were complete. I think the tour was already booked. I seem to remember the press conference announcing his departure and the addition of Billy and Rick after tickets had already been on sale?
Old 02-01-2017, 12:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by paleshadow View Post
I think his decision to leave was well after the album and videos were complete. I think the tour was already booked. I seem to remember the press conference announcing his departure and the addition of Billy and Rick after tickets had already been on sale?
Did they ever get to tour rehearsals with Lindsey before he quit?

Last edited by jbrownsjr; 02-01-2017 at 01:54 PM..
Old 02-01-2017, 01:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thanks everyone....I was just curious about the logistics of the breakup timeline. I couldn't imagine LB filming videos after the split, but wondered if he might've been contractually required to do so.
Old 02-01-2017, 01:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

No there were never any tour rehearsals with Lindsey. Lindsey spoke about bringing another guitarist on the tour and making it a bigger production. Then he got cold feet and did an about face. I remember one radio interview with the Mac immediately after the Tango release. Lindsey was asked a direct question about touring. He was vague but hinted it would happen and said something that it was expected it would happen. I had heard the "booked dates" stories before but I don't believe that is true. Tour dates were never announced and it was not until Rick and Billy were in the band that official dates were announced. I saw the band on its 8th Tango date and it was early October 1987. So the tour was announced probably late August/early September.
When the Little Lies video was released it almost was the exact day Lindsey left. I remember the debut on MTV and it was a double whammy.
There used to be that fantastic Stevie interview on youtube about her attacking Lindsey and then Lindsey attacking Stevie and then Stevie telling Lindsey her brother and father would track him down and kill him. Too bad that was removed because that was one awesome interview. There is a great write up in Mick's first book about this event too. I love it when Lindsey yells "Get this schizophrenic bitch away from me."

Last edited by Macfan4life; 02-01-2017 at 02:11 PM..
Old 02-01-2017, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard B View Post
Did they ever get to tour rehearsals with Lindsey before he quit?
From what I remember, the tour was booked and then he left. Don't think he rehearsed anything because Rick and Billy went into the rehearsals.
Old 02-01-2017, 02:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Mick said in his book that Lindsey and the band compromised and agreed to a short tour, like they did with Mirage. Then when Lindsey pulled out, the rest of the band went on a full fledged tour and added a whole bunch of dates.
Old 02-02-2017, 03:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I was extremely bitter when Lindsey left Fleetwood Mac just as I thought I would see them in concert after waiting 5 years. But after reading Mick's latest book where he mentions he waited for drug dealers in Lindsey's driveway is a glimpse into why Lindsey left. That would really piss anyone off. In 1987 we were led to believe Mick was sober and leaving bankruptcy and moving on with another chapter in his life. Stevie was fresh out of Betty Ford and at the time I could not understand why Lindsey left. Making Tango with Mick and Stevie must have pushed Lindsey too far. Now I understand.
Old 02-02-2017, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
I was extremely bitter when Lindsey left Fleetwood Mac just as I thought I would see them in concert after waiting 5 years. But after reading Mick's latest book where he mentions he waited for drug dealers in Lindsey's driveway is a glimpse into why Lindsey left. That would really piss anyone off. In 1987 we were led to believe Mick was sober and leaving bankruptcy and moving on with another chapter in his life. Stevie was fresh out of Betty Ford and at the time I could not understand why Lindsey left. Making Tango with Mick and Stevie must have pushed Lindsey too far. Now I understand.
And to think she wasn't even there that much, says a lot about how he must have felt.
Old 02-02-2017, 08:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
And to think she wasn't even there that much, says a lot about how he must have felt.
And I think the fact she was only there for so little made it even worse. Like if you're doing a group project for school and your whole group is like a trainwreck and one person hardly even shows up, it just takes your already high irritation and raises it. That combined with Mick's craziness was a recipe for fall out.
Old 02-02-2017, 08:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
I think he was probably loving it when she wasn't there. I doubt any one else in the band ever gave him as much of a hard time getting his own way. It was probably not until she showed up that he said "Enough of this crap".
Old 02-03-2017, 07:04 AM
Addicted Ledgie

The reasons she was not there was because of her RAL tour and rehab. The album was almost finished by the time Stevie arrived. That is why her songs seem inadequate and rushed. Its also the reason her voice is layered in parts of Everywhere, Family Man, etc. Stevie got mad that she was not included more and threatened to blackmail the group and go to Rolling Stone magazine to tell them she had nothing to do with the new album. Christine had none of it and argued with Stevie she wanted her to be on Everywhere but she was not there. Stevie once said that she would show up late to the Tango sessions which really annoyed Lindsey. She blamed it on Klonopin. Things calmed down and the band presented a unified front for the album release and videos.

Last edited by Macfan4life; 02-03-2017 at 07:07 AM..