User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-21-2015, 11:07 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenguinHead View Post
Exactly! They've been in the public eye for over forty years. You learn to become immune to all the notoriety and exposure. You would go crazy otherwise, because it's impossible police everything.
It makes a world of difference when it is your long time confidant and co worker. In reality, we don't know if RD and LB had much more of a falling out than what they portray and RD is tip-toeing around a bigger issue or God forbid I say.... scandal. Richard is a nice guy, has a heart of gold that permeates through his blog, I feel it, but it's a little too coincidental how it has all played out.
Old 04-22-2015, 01:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
It could just be that nothing happened, that he only got the "Oh, it's so nice to see you" and a bunch of meaningless small talk for a few minutes, and he realized they really didn't give a f**k anymore.
This was my guess. Richard is such a very sensitive soul- all along I think he's craved rejoining the inner circle and to be part of things again. Perhaps he's recently found out that isnt going to happen. I'd still have thought he'd sign off with some sort of message to his followers.
Old 04-22-2015, 06:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeInNV View Post
If I was a member of Fleetwood Mac, I would be more worried about what Ledgies post than what Richard does.
What, you mean people give a $h !t about what we say here?

ETA: when the hell's a new FM album coming out PEOPLE READING THIS BOARD THAT AREn'T LEDGIES?????????????????

Last edited by StreetAngel86; 04-22-2015 at 06:27 AM..
Old 04-22-2015, 01:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Want to be $20,000?
Ooh! I am so tempted! I could put $2 on it at this point.
Old 04-22-2015, 01:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
It could just be that nothing happened, that he only got the "Oh, it's so nice to see you" and a bunch of meaningless small talk for a few minutes, and he realized they really didn't give a f**k anymore.
Yes. That's entirely possible and how devastating. I can't imagine all of them being that rude. His relationship with Mick seems quite warm.
Old 04-22-2015, 01:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I could see them being pretty rude if any of them feel that he had crossed some sort of line. I've met Lindsey and he was the nicest guy, I don't think there would be an issue there. Stevie was pretty rough when asked about Ken, I have a feeling she is one of those people that you have one shot and if you screw up once with her, you are done. Forever. She was all "how dare he try and tell our story blah blah blah". I'm thinking Richard got some warm hellos from people individually and a cold shoulder from Stevie. He probably left shaking his head thinking even after 30 years nothing has changed. It's still an ego drive mess of a band. Not much to say I guess?
Old 04-23-2015, 11:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenguinHead View Post
Lack of credibility? It sounds like there is a lack of gratitude and empathy. Richard doesn't owe us anything. He was sincere in his intentions, and generously shared his personal photos and insights.

He has given fans an intimate peek into the band's history. And he did it for free, enjoying the interaction, while being respectful to the band, as well as tp some bloggers who have no sense of decorum with regard to privacy, sensitivity, and boundaries.

He has been honest about his health issues. Did it cross anyone's mind that this or some other personal issue might be a reason his activity on the site has slowed down? It's very rude and crass to express indignation or question his sincerity.

But I do respect the right of expression, more so when its presented with an "I" and not an "i." First grade punctuation (capital letters) allows adults to communicate with integrity, eye to eye.

Oh yeah, that's right, blame me, call me rude for pointing out the obvious. That makes it all ok for you, explains everything right...?

On a side note, I think it's nice that we have someone on the board who has nothing better to do but proof and criticize our typos, thank you, because typing on an iPhone is always such a joy. Get a life.

She looks like a sweet little lamb from afar, but when you get close, you find out that she skinned and ate the darn thing just to use it as a coat. She's a beast.
Old 04-23-2015, 02:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl84 View Post
I could see them being pretty rude if any of them feel that he had crossed some sort of line. I've met Lindsey and he was the nicest guy, I don't think there would be an issue there. Stevie was pretty rough when asked about Ken, I have a feeling she is one of those people that you have one shot and if you screw up once with her, you are done. Forever. She was all "how dare he try and tell our story blah blah blah". I'm thinking Richard got some warm hellos from people individually and a cold shoulder from Stevie. He probably left shaking his head thinking even after 30 years nothing has changed. It's still an ego drive mess of a band. Not much to say I guess?
Where did you read comments that Mama made about Ken's book?Just curious b/c I'd like to read them....But anyway,I agree with you about The Mac being an ego driven band.I to this day believe that Stevie enjoyed making In Your Dreams with Dave Stewart b/c he sat back and let her ego and control freak self take the wheel without any repercussions or criticism from anybody else.She even said that all Dave had to do was look at her face to see how she felt about how he approached a song and if he saw that she didn't like it,he immediately changed his style (unlike Bucky who always had an input).The IYD documentary says it all IMOI still can't help but love her though.....
Old 04-23-2015, 06:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by teedeerocks View Post
She even said that all Dave had to do was look at her face to see how she felt about how he approached a song and if he saw that she didn't like it,he immediately changed his style (unlike Bucky who always had an input).The IYD documentary says it all IMOI still can't help but love her though.....
The difference, though, is that Lindsey's job is to make a cohesive sound with three singer-songwriters, whether Stevie likes the end result or not.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 04-23-2015, 07:42 PM
Senior Ledgie

Christine just posted an old photo with Richard on her facebook page... and tagged him. Mick posted one of Richard's photos today too and gave him a photo credit. It might not mean anything, but I thought it was cool.
Old 04-24-2015, 08:12 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
The difference, though, is that Lindsey's job is to make a cohesive sound with three singer-songwriters, whether Stevie likes the end result or not.
I totally see your point and I wasn't criticizing Lindsey - he's great at what he does.I was just commenting on the post about the bloated egos of the members of FM and how Stevie totally spazzes out when someone tries to interject their own views or ideas regarding her songs.IMO,the IYD documentary was a great example of what I meant.
Old 04-27-2015, 04:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I sure wish we knew if Richard was ok. I can't help but worry about his health. It's been so long without any word on any media.
Old 04-28-2015, 12:18 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by reebokandlace View Post
Oh yeah, that's right, blame me, call me rude for pointing out the obvious. That makes it all ok for you, explains everything right...?

On a side note, I think it's nice that we have someone on the board who has nothing better to do but proof and criticize our typos, thank you, because typing on an iPhone is always such a joy. Get a life.

I get u sorry for being so pissy reebok

Last edited by PenguinHead; 04-28-2015 at 12:45 AM..
Old 04-28-2015, 12:33 AM
Addicted Ledgie

He posted on FB today.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 04-28-2015, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gldstwmn View Post
Ooh! I am so tempted! I could put $2 on it at this point.
If I had an extra $20grand.. I would be touring with FM