User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-01-2006, 04:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Blues For Dhyana

Why this title?
Who/What is "Dhyana"? And in what way is it connected to Peter Green??

Daniel
Old 12-02-2006, 07:58 PM
Ledgie

Default Then Play on words

I preface this with saying I have no idea.

Peter Green spent time in india. His biography only skips through this. What happened there is only speculation and rumor regarding his self discovery period.

The CD is a compilation from the PVK period and was a good "best of". I think they just wanted to put a green god on the cover. Did He know someone by that name. I dunno

sincerely,

doodyhead
Old 12-02-2006, 09:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Hi maryellen healy, and thanks for your reply!

So are you saying that Dhyana is the name of some Indian god or..?

I never knew that Peter spent time in India!! But thanks for mentioning it anyway.
Old 12-02-2006, 11:45 PM
Ledgie

Default Gannesh

In misspelling the name due to bad memory, but looking at the Green collored Blues For Dhyanna" album cover, I make the great assumption that this more than happenstance. I can only assume that the folks who put out the album art know for sure.

My information regarding india comes from late 60's friends who took treks to india in the late 60s early seventies to seek the meaning of life. It is known that a few cities in india became haunts for similar seekers back then for those that did not find their way to nirvanna or true enlightenment. They were known to have had their share of hassish etc and many languished there. The rumor was that Peter Green had made such a trek after being at Goddard in Vermont. I put this more in the context of Tabloid info. Entirely believable as much as the stories of him in the Kibbutz in isreal, where he questions whether he would be in better company with the Palistinians when he was not permitted to drive the tractor on the farm.
Old 12-02-2006, 11:51 PM
Ledgie

Default Dhyana

Dhyana
Dhyana is the stage of meditative trainings that lead to Samadhi.

Meditation is the work of consciousness aimed at the consciousness development along the path to Perfection and to the Mergence with the Creator. Meditation is practiced at three stages of the Patanjali’s scheme.

At the dharana stage adepts among other things learn how to expand consciousness in the subtlest and the most beautiful that exists in the world of matter. By means of such attunement they establish in sattva guna. (And through working with Yidam they may immediately come in contact with the Fiery manifestation of Divine Consciousness and experience Samadhi).

At the dhyana stage adepts work at increasing the “mass” of consciousness and at obtaining power in subtlety.

At the next stage their efforts will be focused upon interaction of individual consciousness with Consciousness of the Universal God and upon merging with Him in His Fiery Aspect as well as in the Infinity of the “trans-mirror realm”.

At the dhyana stage the meditative work is especially effective if it is performed at special “places of power” — areas on the Earth’s surface that have an energetic impact on human beings. Among the variety of them only those should be chosen that make for expanding of consciousness in the subtlest eons. A correctly selected subsequence of such places ensures that the most complex tasks of correct “crystallization” (i.e. quantitative growth) of consciousness will be solved easily and with little efforts.

For the same purpose one can meditate during athletic exercises, as well as practice winter swimming and “meditative running” [6].

The structure of the human organism responsible for meditation is the lower “bubble of perception” (this term was introduced by Juan Matus; see [6,10] for details) the principal part of which is anahata chakra, supplied with energy by the lower Dantian (a complex of three lower chakras). This is why success of the work at this stage depends on the level of purity and development of the entire system of seven chakras, which is combined into one complex by the meridians that have been mentioned above.

From the very beginning of meditative training until the absolute Victory of Merging with the Primordial Consciousness one should always remember that a person’s main merit is measured by the level of development of his spiritual heart. This is by what a man can merge with God. This is why it is the spiritual heart that a man should develop and keep pure in every possible way. What was said above allows us to take it not as a nice figure of speech or a metaphor, but as a quite practical knowledge and a guide to action.

The steps of the ladder of a spiritual ascent that we are discussing now are meant for teaching one how to position consciousness into anahata first, then to ensure the growth of the anahata within the body and after that beyond it — within the “cocoon”, within Earth and then beyond Earth in the highest eons.

This is how we can grow ourselves as Love. God is Love; this is why one can merge with Him only after becoming a Great Love, a Great Soul of Love (Mahatma).

And there are no other ways of developing Divinity of oneself, except for those fundamental steps that we are describing here.
Old 12-02-2006, 11:56 PM
Ledgie

Default Carlos Santana

Carlos Santana has had many people on his amplifier over the years

Jesus
John Coltrane
Buddah
Sri Chimmoi
Mahatma Ghandi
and

Peter Green
Old 12-03-2006, 04:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thanks again Maryellen! Interesting reading.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maryellen healy View Post
Carlos Santana has had many people on his amplifier over the years

Jesus
John Coltrane
Buddah
Sri Chimmoi
Mahatma Ghandi
and

Peter Green
COOOOOL