Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Peter Green
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 08-05-2006, 01:59 AM
Senior Ledgie

Default Bernie Marsden about Peter :)))

Bernie Marsden is a great fan of Peter, he recorded CD "Green and Blues" (tribute to Peter). Here is a link to site you can read information (e.g. about Greeny winter coat )) ) and see a foto from FM Windsor gig. http://www.berniemarsden.com/photos.htm

Here is fragment of the text:
"This picture of Peter Green is from a gig I was at in Windsor in 1967, well I am not exactly certain it was the club in Windsor because I saw so many in those days.

The famous Les Paul is here, Gary Moore has the guitar now, and he is playing through a Vox T60 bass rig I think, i will have to ask him to confirm!

Check out the PA amplifier on his rig, and Mick Fleetwood in full flow.

At this time I would only talk to people who liked Fleetwood Mac! I was totally into Peter Green, I only listened to him and related guitar players, Freddie King, BB King, Otis Rush and Eric Clapton.

This is one of several photos I have of Fleetwood Mac with Jeremy Spencer, John McVie and Mick Fleetwood with Peter, more comung in later months.

The coat on the piano was mine for about four years, I was staying at Glen Cornick's house after a Wild Turkey gig, the next day the snow came down, and I asked Glenn if I could borrow his coat, when Isaw him a few days later he told me that Peter had left it at his house about a year before, and never picked it up.

As soon as that information was known to me the coat became as close to me as my guitar, I even wore it in the summer, that was as close as I could get to Peter Green in 1974. "

Stay Green )
Krzysztof
Old 08-05-2006, 05:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Great link, Krzysztof!!

I have a recording of Bernie Marsden and Snowy White together at Notodden Blues Festival, Norway from 1996. (The same year that Peter Green appeared there - bootleg in circulation) They are doing a Peter Green tribute concert together, and it is great guitar work! Snowy White's version of "Looking For Somebody" (from the Rattlesnake Guitar 2CD) is one of my favourite Peter Green covers.

Daniel
Old 08-06-2006, 06:04 AM
Senior Ledgie

Default B. Marsden, S. White, Gregor Hilden and others play Green's covers

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansven
They are doing a Peter Green tribute concert together, and it is great guitar work! Snowy White's version of "Looking For Somebody" (from the Rattlesnake Guitar 2CD) is one of my favourite Peter Green covers.
B. Marsden and S. White play Greeny's covers beautifully ) I liked White's version "Looking for Somebody" very much.
There are many guitarists who play Green's covers. I highly recommend one of them - Gregor Hilden on his CD
https://www.cdbaby.com/cd/gregor2 plays 3 Green's instrumentals (Slabo Day, Apostle, Proud Pinto) On another CD https://www.cdbaby.com/cd/gregor1 - Love another Woman. Another cover - Uranus (B. Brunning) and maybe even more (I don't know all his recordings).
http://www.gregorhilden.de/
Old 08-06-2006, 07:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I've never heard of this guy before. I especially liked "The Apostle" ... made me think of Peter when he composed it .. just him with a guitar
Old 08-07-2006, 01:29 AM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansven
I've never heard of this guy before.
He is a German guitar player. He recently put out also an instrumental blues album called "Golden Voice Blues" played on a goldtop Les Paul. Very beatiful guitar tone! Very strong Greeny roots.

Check out Gregors web site.

Roland
Old 08-07-2006, 05:12 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Yeah, I checked the website. Lots of "Green" there!
Old 08-14-2006, 12:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansven View Post
Great link, Krzysztof!!

I have a recording of Bernie Marsden and Snowy White together at Notodden Blues Festival, Norway from 1996. (The same year that Peter Green appeared there - bootleg in circulation) They are doing a Peter Green tribute concert together, and it is great guitar work! Snowy White's version of "Looking For Somebody" (from the Rattlesnake Guitar 2CD) is one of my favourite Peter Green covers.

Daniel
d - i would love to get a copy of the live 1996 recording of bernie and snowy if you would be willing.

also thanks very much krzysztof for the tip on gregor hilden. inspiring!

zero
Old 08-15-2006, 07:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mzero View Post
d - i would love to get a copy of the live 1996 recording of bernie and snowy if you would be willing.

also thanks very much krzysztof for the tip on gregor hilden. inspiring!

zero
Sure mzero!

send me a private mail, and we can work out a trade. The recording is on tape, but I'll get it transferred to CD within short time.
Old 08-15-2006, 01:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

This reminds me of Snowy's "Goldtop" CD, which contains two different studio versions of "Slabo Day" and "In the Skies" - in fact I heard them before the finished album versions, and I always loved them.