The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-02-2014, 08:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I am totally clueless. Could someone please explain, what is a spirit catcher?
Old 05-02-2014, 08:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
you must have not looked through the most recent threads in this and SN forum.

either there are many of them, or there really are very few but really loud ones.
I have. I read every single thing on FM, L, S and C threads, actually. And have read the entirety of all threads going back to 2002. I also frequent L/S/FM Facebook groups, as well as tumblr and twitter - for both extreme L and extreme S fans as well as the in between. I think your perception is slightly off, shall we say, because of inherent biases and opinions that you're going in with...

And yes, it's usually the ones with the most vehement, stringent, resolute opinions who are the loudest. But they're generally a minority and an outlier - one just notices them more because of the 'loudness' and because that opinion sticks in our craw more because of its nature.

"There’s nothing going on between you and me except that there will always be something going on between you and me. Until the day we die"
Old 05-02-2014, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicepace View Post
Stevie rolls into the SYW sessions with a spirit catcher. It's hilarious. The looks on the guys' faces are priceless. It's open to interpretation, but the feeling I got was... "ummmm ok... let's put it over here."
Old 05-02-2014, 08:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Stevie rolls into the SYW sessions with a spirit catcher. It's hilarious. The looks on the guys' faces are priceless. It's open to interpretation, but the feeling I got was... "ummmm ok... let's put it over here."
Oh, come on. They were MUCH more thoughtful. Lindsey was considerate enough to think about it and suggest that if she wanted it to 'flow' out over the whole area than the mantle would be more suitable than in the doorway!

"There’s nothing going on between you and me except that there will always be something going on between you and me. Until the day we die"
Old 05-02-2014, 08:35 PM
Registered

Y'all Need To Chill jk

They Said The Album Will Be Released After the Tour So Stevie Can Record Then With The Mac
Old 05-02-2014, 08:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicepace View Post
Well, it varies by design. The one we're talking about here is a handheld sculpture that Stevie brought to the studio when she started recordings for the SYW album. But there are massive ones too.

Michele
Old 05-02-2014, 08:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
"I did a couple of songs there, it felt good onstage, and then I thought, I'm really missing out on something—something that's mine, that I've just given up, and I'm not paying respect to my own gift," she said. "I saw that if I want to start to play again, there's only one band I want to play with, and that's Fleetwood Mac."
there have been some speculations why is Christine coming back. i really believe what she says here is it.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 05-02-2014, 08:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by welcomechris View Post
They Said The Album Will Be Released After the Tour So Stevie Can Record Then With The Mac
they basically did, yeah.

something i've been crusading against for the last week. i don't know why those people are not listening to me, the voice of reason.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 05-02-2014, 08:48 PM
Registered

The Person Who Wrote The Article Sounds Like He has Heard The Song. He says it is hit material
Old 05-02-2014, 08:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

You know, i get the feeling Lindsey prob. doesn't take much stock in the spirit catcher either… but not by anything he said or did- just by what I know of his personality. However, he was verrrrrry careful to be very respectful about it, in my opinion. He definitely was not mocking, on the contrary- I always get the sincere feeling he does not want to piss Stevie off and tries very hard not to- which is to his credit.
Old 05-02-2014, 08:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
they basically did, yeah.

something i've been crusading against for the last week. i don't know why those people are not listening to me, the voice of reason.
Well, if they're coming here to check up on fan reaction, they'll certainly be unable to AVOID and not see your voice (of reason).

Last edited by nicole21290; 05-02-2014 at 09:10 PM..
Old 05-02-2014, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicole21290 View Post
Oh, come on. They were MUCH more thoughtful. Lindsey was considerate enough to think about it and suggest that if she wanted it to 'flow' out over the whole area than the mantle would be more suitable than in the doorway!
Hey I said it was left to interpretation. lol
Old 05-02-2014, 09:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicole21290 View Post
Well, if they're coming here to check up on fan reaction, they'll certain be unable to AVOID and not see your voice (of reason).
ha! I guarantee this is one spot they don't peruse on the internet.
Old 05-02-2014, 10:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Hurling insults and name calling on an internet forum. So brave.
Just a dream, just a dream.
Old 05-02-2014, 10:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeVielhaber View Post
I think you brought this up before. The Time album was lacking Stevie AND Lindsey. The tour lacked both of them AND Christine. To put the failure all on Stevie Nicks is ignoring reality. That was going to be a failure even with Stevie. The decline in Fleetwood Mac's popularity began with Lindsey's exit. There was residual interest in Behind the Mask, but without Lindsey it was only going to keep declining.

Christine wasn't planning on making a record on her own. She didn't have to come back. She was retired. To say she had no choice is blatantly false.
If Christine had promoted her album, "In the Meantime" I think it would have done quite well. She had a lot of airplay despite not doing anything with it.
Further, Buckingham Nicks, prior to FMAC was a commercial failure. Without Mick bringing the forces together, Dragoon would not be able to yell at us.