Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-20-2005, 07:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissention
If we're talking about her work from '75-'83, I consider myself a big fan. But after that? Forget about it.
Still, I find you discussing the years post '83 far more than you ever discuss anything before that.
Old 03-20-2005, 07:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Stew
Quite honestly, I get a big ol' kick out of the fact that you've often decreed Lindsey to be your favorite, while you spend a disproportionate amount of time talking about Stevie.

Poor guy can't even get his biggest fans to talk about him more than they do Stevie.
Lindsey doesn't have mod widow dresses or Frankenboks or a large amount of bad songs to criticize.

Old 03-20-2005, 07:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Lindsey doesn't have mod widow dresses or Frankenboks or a large amount of bad songs to criticize.
You forgot the obligatory "IMO" for the last part of your sentence there.
Old 03-20-2005, 07:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Still, I find you discussing the years post '83 far more than you ever discuss anything before that.
Your point being? Maybe I would if people would stop starting "Street Angel debacle" threads or "Was RAL a Missed Opportunity?" threads or threads about her personal life and actually started discussions that I found interesting enough to weigh in on with my thoughts on her pre-burn out writings. I, for one, am too lazy to start them, I don't particularly believe that I'd get many stimulating responses (just lots of Lindsey/Stevie drama stories and theories that don't interest me), and I simply can't pass up an opportunity to gripe about her bad albums. Sue me, I'm only human.

But when material of hers that I have a great like and appreciation for comes up, you certainly cannot accuse me of not praising it.

Last edited by dissention; 03-20-2005 at 07:54 PM..
Old 03-20-2005, 07:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GateandGarden
You forgot the obligatory "IMO" for the last part of your sentence there.

If people don't know by now that my posts merely contain my thoughts and opinions, fug 'em!

Old 03-20-2005, 07:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Your point being? Maybe I would if people would stop starting "Street Angel debacle" threads or "Was RAL a Missed Opportunity?" threads or threads about her personal life and actually started discussions that I found interesting enough to weigh in with my thoughts on her pre-burn out writings. I, for one, am too lazy to start them, I don't particularly believe that I'd get many stimulating responses (just lots of Lindsey/Stevie drama stories and theories that don't interest me), and I simply can't pass up an opportunity to gripe about her bad albums. Sue me, I'm only human.

But when material of hers that I have a great like and appreciation for comes up, you certainly cannot accuse me of not praising it.
All right, Josh, I am all for you starting a thread dedicated to the greatness of "Gate and Garden" and disccussing interpretations and what it means to us personally. I think that the "us" would be you and me posting, though.
Old 03-20-2005, 07:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I could give you a long list of comments just off the top of my head.

In private though.
Chicken****.

Old 03-20-2005, 07:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

If people don't know by now that my posts merely contain my thoughts and opinions, fug 'em!
Okay, I just wanted to make sure I implied that I think there are plenty of bad Lindsey songs to make fun of. And Lindsey songs that I like but I know they aren't really all that great, it's just that I like them and that's that.

"Family Man" takes the cake, though.
Old 03-20-2005, 07:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Ohh, I don't know about the lack of a "large amount of bad songs to criticize."

Really though, I usually only see you rag on about a dozen or so of Stevie's songs. Which, when you think about it, is a pretty tiny fraction of her overall officially released output.... which numbers around 130.

Keeping those numbers in mind, it seems quite probable that there are actually more Stevie songs that you enjoy than there are Lindsey songs.
Old 03-20-2005, 07:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Keeping those numbers in mind, it seems quite probable that there are actually more Stevie songs that you enjoy than there are Lindsey songs.
Old 03-20-2005, 07:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
All right, Josh, I am all for you starting a thread dedicated to the greatness of "Gate and Garden" and disccussing interpretations and what it means to us personally. I think that the "us" would be you and me posting, though.
To be honest, it means nothing to me other than a pretty song to listen to. It makes absolutely no sense whatsoever, but her voice is beautiful on it, I like the music, and think it's a highlight on TWH.

Old 03-20-2005, 08:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Ohh, I don't know about the lack of a "large amount of bad songs to criticize."
I do. I like 95% of his stuff.

Quote:
Really though, I usually only see you rag on about a dozen or so of Stevie's songs. Which, when you think about it, is a pretty tiny fraction of her overall officially released output.... which numbers around 130.
If that's the case, I don't know why I'm considered such an enemy of La Nicks.

Quote:
Maybe so, but those are just numbers and they have no bearing on whether or not I prefer Stevie's work to Lindsey's.

Old 03-20-2005, 08:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
"Family Man" takes the cake, though.
It's got nothing on the likes of Sister Honey, When I See You Again, and I Sing For the Things. If anyone wants to know how to torture me, playing songs like those is how.

Old 03-20-2005, 08:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
To be honest, it means nothing to me other than a pretty song to listen to. It makes absolutely no sense whatsoever, but her voice is beautiful on it, I like the music, and think it's a highlight on TWH.
I think it makes sense. I don't know what it means to Stevie personally, but it's one of her most meaningful songs to me. Of course, the significance I give it is very, very far from anything she would have intended for it, but that's me. But if I was going to try and figure out what she was thinking when she wrote it, I'd have to have her explain the numerous nebulous lines, to which I've given my own meanings. Gosh, I love it for what it helped me through.

Oh yeah, and I also like her voice and the music on it.
Old 03-20-2005, 08:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Fighting foh the Nohthun Stah...NO SPEED LIMIT! BITCH! THIS IS THE FAST LANE!!!

Quote:
It's got nothing on the likes of Sister Honey, When I See You Again, and I Sing For the Things. If anyone wants to know how to torture me, playing songs like those is how.
Wow! I did want to know! Great - I love those songs. By the end of the torture, I will I have forced you to squeal..."Yes, Yes!!!! I DO LIKE SISTER HONEY!!!!"

Whehyll I can do EHYT!! Wehyll I can make it WAHN moh thihme! (wheyllit'sA reayllongwaytogooo! To say goodbhiiy!) -