User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-02-2010, 10:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jannieC View Post
I have to speak in front of a somewhat large audience of Very Important People tomorrow and I am nervous! There's going to be a podium with a microphone.
Welcome to one of my nightmares!

Strange thing, I front a band every weekend, and have no fear of that. But public SPEAKING, forget it. Terrifies me.
Old 12-02-2010, 10:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I have to speak in front of a somewhat large audience of Very Important People tomorrow and I am nervous! There's going to be a podium with a microphone.
You could start your speech like Stevie did at Barnes and Noble and tell them,"we're all going to get into a spaceship and take off to another world."
Old 12-02-2010, 10:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm disappointed in a lot of Ledgies today and you all know why.
Old 12-02-2010, 10:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I've been around assertive supervisors and HR personnel and in plenty of meetings the past few years, I don't see what's so scary as long as you know the subject you're addressing and keep focused. I've watched many people address a crowd and how they handle it and you are everyone you meet in life, they say, so I think it helps you when you're up there in front of everyone. Some people are just naturally shy though.
Old 12-02-2010, 10:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
Actually, we have no idea.
Old 12-02-2010, 10:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Good luck JannieC.
Old 12-03-2010, 01:02 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Stop this train, I want to get off and go home again.
Old 12-03-2010, 04:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniellaaarisen View Post
Same here!
Old 12-03-2010, 07:09 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
I think I do....

I'm dissappointed in myself, so there's no reason for others to do it for me. Even though I heard my parents break up (they don't know I was awake listening in), they have kept quiet about it and not mentioned it in front of me. I, like the fool that I am, allowed myself to drop my guard and just think that maybe, if I'm lucky, they'll make up again. Because they'd been speaking to each other in a civil manner since the spat. But last night I noticed my Mum slamming alot of doors, which is always a bad sign, and this morning she was barely speaking to my Dad at all. Being the Idiot that I am, I asked if they'd had an argument. This made my Mum cry and then she proceeded to tell me that he'd been on Facebook flirting again *facepalm*. I was happier not knowing that.... I just wish he'd stop being such a Douchebag and consider other people's feelings. He's never once wondered how I felt in all of this. Neither of them had. Even when he took me aside the night of the biggest fight (when it came out about his affair) and told me not to get into a relationship with somebody I didn't love, I didn't say anything to them about it. Mum doesn't need to know that he doesn't love us. It's hurting me too much to let it hurt her.
Old 12-03-2010, 08:32 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Springs View Post
I think I do....

Even when he took me aside the night of the biggest fight (when it came out about his affair) and told me not to get into a relationship with somebody I didn't love, I didn't say anything to them about it. Mum doesn't need to know that he doesn't love us. It's hurting me too much to let it hurt her.
Don't put yourself into the adult role, even though it sounds like you are being forced to do so. If your father doesn't love your mother, it doesn't mean he doesn't love you. You are giving yourself way too much responsibility for their issues. Asking questions doesn't cause their problems. I'm sorry you're going through this- I wish all parents would have enough strength to stop the drama and protect their children from their own bull****.

On a lighter note, I am slightly embarrassed to say that the "talk" I am giving today is only a (long) introduction! I am introducing a client of mine who is reading a (beautiful) poem she wrote. She is reading it in front of about 100 women who form an organization in our community- this organization raises a LOOOOOT of money for our non-profit agency and the luncheon is being held at one of my coommunity's most posh country clubs. I am nervous because I want to give my client a seriously awesome introduction. SHE is the one who is brave and bad-ass! I'm just her silly therapist.
Old 12-03-2010, 08:33 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
yes, best of wishes on this~ you'll be great!!!~
Old 12-03-2010, 03:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Me either :\
Old 12-03-2010, 03:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I woke up this morning to a text that ended a potential relationship that I really had my heart invested in, a relationship that I really wanted. Two hours later, my dad calls and tells me that I may have to fly home later today because my grandmother is in the hospital.

Not leaving my bed today.
Old 12-03-2010, 03:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I woke up this morning to a text that ended a potential relationship that I really had my heart invested in, a relationship that I really wanted. Two hours later, my dad calls and tells me that I may have to fly home later today because my grandmother is in the hospital.

Not leaving my bed today.
So sorry about that, Dani. Your Grandmother has my well wishes that she gets out alright!!!
Old 12-04-2010, 01:43 AM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
Hmmm. Is it your birthday? Happy Birthday!!! I am so sorry if that's why, you're very giving in remembering others on their bd's. Ummm. December...Is this an anniversary of sobriety, which you once mentioned? Congrats?
Drats. What the ef is it? I don't think it's either of the above. Oh wait- was this the date back in 1981 that SN played her LA dates at the theater on Wilshire in LA? It was December. But that wouldn't disappoint you in this forum.
Make it easy, tell me off for everyone who disappointed you. Maybe they're sorry
I'm sorry you're disappointed.
If she is reading this or reads me at all, I hope that Danielleaarison hears that her grandmother is doing better. I think relationships that seem prematurely over often aren't over, so I hope she gets what she wants and think that she may. By next weekend. That's a long wait when things are young and grim. I get hunches about others yet have few for myself. That danged texting seems to cause more grief, but I do think a ringing phone is often even more cause for panic. People should only text with good news, and only call to tell you there's a ton of money you didn't know about.
So what is wrong, SirViv?

Last edited by Nikolaj; 12-04-2010 at 02:01 AM..