The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Post-Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-13-2004, 02:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Who's in the photo on the Time CD?

I was looking at my Time CD and I couldn't figure out who's picture that is right on the disc itself. Can anyone tell me?

Hillary
Old 12-13-2004, 02:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Fighting foh the Nohthun Stah...NO SPEED LIMIT! BITCH! THIS IS THE FAST LANE!!!

I think there is already a thread about this, though i forgot the answer. I think it turned out to be some random person who knew one of the people. Hopefully some nice person remembers and will tell you.

Whehyll I can do EHYT!! Wehyll I can make it WAHN moh thihme! (wheyllit'sA reayllongwaytogooo! To say goodbhiiy!) -
Old 12-13-2004, 04:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

In the liner notes it says the picture on the disc is from the John McVie family archives. The person on the disc looks like it could be John McVie or at least someone in his family.
Old 12-13-2004, 04:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Fighting foh the Nohthun Stah...NO SPEED LIMIT! BITCH! THIS IS THE FAST LANE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by macfan 57
In the liner notes it says the picture on the disc is from the John McVie family archives. The person on the disc looks like it could be John McVie or at least someone in his family.
Oh, I think i was thinking of "Behind the Mask"

Whehyll I can do EHYT!! Wehyll I can make it WAHN moh thihme! (wheyllit'sA reayllongwaytogooo! To say goodbhiiy!) -
Old 12-13-2004, 05:15 PM
Administrator
Supporting Ledgie

IMO that is most definitely a young John, watta face. Actually I think I recall asking him back when Time first came out if that picture was him, and he said yes.

-Lis
Old 12-13-2004, 06:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePenguin
IMO that is most definitely a young John, watta face. Actually I think I recall asking him back when Time first came out if that picture was him, and he said yes.

-Lis
Lis, I just knew you'd know that.
Old 12-13-2004, 07:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thanks Lis and macfan_57!

Hillary
Old 12-16-2004, 02:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by amber
Oh, I think i was thinking of "Behind the Mask"
And who the hell are the persons on the Behind The Mask CD now? LOL
Old 12-16-2004, 03:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WizNicks
And who the hell are the persons on the Behind The Mask CD now? LOL
The world may never know....
Old 12-21-2004, 12:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie
The world may never know....
Here are some clues (or not ) from Rick Vito's Q&A. Whoever they were, Rick wasn't fond of them:
Hi Rick! Thank you so much for kindly answering my earlier questions. I read that you inspired the title to Behind the Mask by bringing several masks into rehearsal one day. Is this true? If so, what prompted you to do so? Do you collect masks or was it just for fun? Also, I had heard that the cover to that album was symbolic of each of the band members. Which character is you? (Tracy G., Stockbridge, Georgia, USA)
Hi, "Behind the mask" were part of the lyrics to one of Christine's songs. We agonized over a title for close to a year and would write suggestions on a big chalkboard in the recording studio. I liked the title because I thought it sounded mysterious and eventually the others did too, except Stevie. She thought it meant we were hiding something. I went down to Melrose Ave. and bought 6 or 7 folk masks to be used in a photo shoot we were doing for the tour book. One photo wound up being the cover of the record. I still own that mask. It was all just a theme thing, no big deal. However, I did not like the album cover with the "symbolic" characters. I don't know where that idea came from but it was not intended that way. I was voted down on that one. There were much better choices in my opinion. That record should have made every attempt to strengthen our identity by showing who we were "behind the mask", but it wound up being too mysterious after all.
---------------------
Hi Rick, I really hope you answer this with a lot of details. I am one of those type of people that goes crazy when they don't know something about Fleetwood Mac..WHAT DOES THE ALBUM COVER OF BEHIND THE MASK MEAN? It shows a girl being sad..and circus people? in the background? WHAT DOES IT ALL MEAN,? LOL Thanks a lot. You are so cool, I love you. Your greatest fan, John. (John Alvarez, Davie, Florida, USA)
Hi John, Here's the truth as I remember it. It doesn't mean anything! As I mentioned before, I did not like the cover but was voted down on it. The photographer had the idea of putting six people together who were not us. He did this on his own. People said, "Oh..it's like their alter-egos there", but really it was not planned out in any way that I'm aware of. I think the effect was confusing. Thanks for your sentiments.
-----------------------------
Hi. Thank you for answering my question on what the cover of Behind The Mask means.. Another question..is the young girl on the cover supposed to be Stevie Nicks? The first day I got Behind the Mask I thought it would be Stevie. As you said, the photographer got a group of people to pose as Fleetwood Mac.. Could the young girl that is sad/ crying be Stevie crying over the loss of Lindsey? Well do you have any idea what this girl's real name is? Who is she? She looks familiar..like a tv star.. I'm a very curios person. Thanks again. (John Alvarez, Davie, Florida, USA)
Hello, Man, you're reading way too much into this thing. "Crying over the loss of Lindsey?......I think not. These people were just folks the photogrpher knew--non-professionals from somewhere in Mississippi that he assembled without any of the Mac knowing anything about it. The girl was a high school student I think, and was not crying. You were thinking, maybe.... Heather Locklear? Thanks for your interest anyway.