Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-08-2018, 11:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
Again, only on an interim, emergency basis. John would still have been a member of the band.
Yes. They were trying to finish the tour and no one knew how serious John's illness was. It wasn't like they were firing hom or anything.
Old 05-09-2018, 12:02 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gldstwmn View Post
Yes. They were trying to finish the tour and no one knew how serious John's illness was. It wasn't like they were firing hom or anything.
And, they canceled the rest of the tour right after the last European show, so I doubt they even gave serious consideration of doing a leg without him. I remember that morning because someone posted a video of them leaving the hotel for the show, and Christine was there, which made me think she was seriously wanting back in. It was exciting! And then I read the news about John’s cancer and tour being canceled.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 05-09-2018, 12:04 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Mick is the ultimate carnival barker/snakeoil salesman. Like KISS, I'm surprised he's not hawking Fleetwood Mac coffins.

Last edited by secondhandchain; 05-09-2018 at 12:39 AM..
Old 05-09-2018, 12:11 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
While there's a thin line between baiting and namecalling and band bashing, it's not against the rules to disparage FM members.
Michele
Unfortunately that is the reason many no longer come here. Hey I know it was your site, you pay the bills, you can do what you want. But if everyone's not really welcome here why not just change the name to the Lindsey Buckingham misogynists forum? This last seismic event in the Fleetwood Mac saga has made this forum a very ugly place to be with a clique mentality that is rife with favoritism. People nearly had an aneurysm when I pointed out some of Lindsey's (perceived) flaws. And yet if you're a Stevie fan and don't necessarily disagree with the "firing" then it's open season. What's really sad is that people are rooting for them to fail. What does it say about us as human beings that we want something bad to happen to people we don't even know but are so invested in that we come here every day just to talk about them and find out what's going on.
Old 05-09-2018, 12:14 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post
Mick is the ultimate carnival barker/snakeoil salesman. Like KISS did, I'm surprised he's not hawking Fleetwood Mac coffins.
Kiss was not so much a band as a marketing plan.
Old 05-09-2018, 12:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Here we go again...
Old 05-09-2018, 12:32 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gldstwmn View Post
Unfortunately that is the reason many no longer come here. Hey I know it was your site, you pay the bills, you can do what you want. But if everyone's not really welcome here why not just change the name to the Lindsey Buckingham misogynists forum? This last seismic event in the Fleetwood Mac saga has made this forum a very ugly place to be with a clique mentality that is rife with favoritism. People nearly had an aneurysm when I pointed out some of Lindsey's (perceived) flaws. And yet if you're a Stevie fan and don't necessarily disagree with the "firing" then it's open season. What's really sad is that people are rooting for them to fail. What does it say about us as human beings that we want something bad to happen to people we don't even know but are so invested in that we come here every day just to talk about them and find out what's going on.
It is sad it has become like this, BUT what they did was a seismic event at the very end of their amazing careers. A slap in the face to the fans. They couldn't work it out for ONE more tour? It was the final straw for many of us and now we want to see how it all plays out. Sorry.
Old 05-09-2018, 12:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie

And just because people don't like someone who JUST HAPPENS TO BE A WOMAN, doesn't mean it's misogyny!

Jesus, I'll bet that cross gets mighty heavy after a while.
Old 05-09-2018, 12:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
And just because people don't like someone who JUST HAPPENS TO BE A WOMAN, doesn't mean it's misogyny!

Jesus, I'll bet that cross gets mighty heavy after a while.
Exactly, it has nothing to do with that at all. For me personally it has been her behavior the last few years specifically. I had been a huge fan up until then...well except her Rock A Little era voice, which was douchechill inducing.
Old 05-09-2018, 12:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Exactly, it has nothing to do with that at all. For me personally it has been her behavior the last few years specifically. I had been a huge fan up until then...well except her Rock A Little era voice, which was douchechill inducing.
But she's a woman, so you're NOT ALLOWED to dislike her! Got it!?
Old 05-09-2018, 12:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
But she's a woman, so you're NOT ALLOWED to dislike her! Got it!?
Is it ok if I say Mick is a money grubbing, cheap wine hawking, D bag?
BTW if you've never been to his place in H,I it's nice but the merchandise for sale everywhere is hysterical.
Old 05-09-2018, 01:08 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I honestly fail to see how anyone can still like Stevie on a personal level. I'm fully convinced that she played the "him or me" card. She is the architect behind the house of cards that FM has become.
No consideration, just selfishness.
Old 05-09-2018, 01:23 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Is it ok if I say Mick is a money grubbing, cheap wine hawking, D bag?
BTW if you've never been to his place in H,I it's nice but the merchandise for sale everywhere is hysterical.
I agree. Mick and Stevie both suck donkey balls.

At least the McVies come across as just "stupid company shills". I mean, they suck too, but at least they try to hide it!

I can only imagine the sh*t that whore is trying to sell there. The MAN is shameless.
Old 05-09-2018, 01:26 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AncientQueen View Post
I honestly fail to see how anyone can still like Stevie on a personal level. I'm fully convinced that she played the "him or me" card. She is the architect behind the house of cards that FM has become.
I wish she weren't surrounded by yes people. I really think that's the end of being real, for many stars. No reality, just a dozen people around them, 24/7, telling them how wonderful they are.

That Karen should take a long walk off a short pier, I tell ya...
Old 05-09-2018, 01:27 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AncientQueen View Post
I'll admit that I'm very mad/disappointed in Stevie and I was frustrated with her before this whole thing happened but I can't imagine myself ever actively disliking Stevie. I think she's a good person inherently, her biggest flaw perhaps being her 'diva'/narcissist tendencies, I think she just made a really wrong call with this one, largely due to her grief for Tom. I think she just wanted Mike in the band and would do whatever it took. Same how she wanted Sheryl in the band back in the SYW days so she could have a friend, but x100. After Tom's death she wanted to be as close as possible to the people closest to Tom. Kind of creepily analogous to how she married her best friend's widow shortly after she died. She's human and she doesn't handle grief well.
I still 150% believe when she gets out of this headspace she's going to really, really regret this. I think it might actually break her heart down the line that she let this happen.