Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-11-2017, 04:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
I agree with olive and sisternightroad. I also think we need to remember some doctors seem to enjoy their power over celebrities. Just look at Elvis Presley and Michael Jackson, for starters. I think Stevie sees herself as an advocate against Klonopin, and I wouldn't blame her, after her experience. However, I would blame her doctor more than the medication, in her case. Frightening.
Doing the best that I can (escape from Berlin) is one of my favorite songs of all time. Its so deeply personal and incredibly inspirational. Yes she hated rehab and left but "she's doing fine...she's doing the best that she can." She grabbed the wheel and found her inner strength.
The aka name of the song always floored me. Stevie never beat around the bush. Escaping from Berlin was probably the most daring feat in the world. The watch tower guards shot and killed anyone even attempting to climb the wall, swim across the water, or any attempt at escape.
Old 03-11-2017, 11:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

She's a pretty strong person, regardless. I have seen plenty of people who have never been able to kick an addiction for good. Unless you have been through an addiction personally ( I have), it's easier to talk **** about how easy it is or how one should handle it etc. You have to really want it, regardless of who intervenes or gets you to recognize the problem.
Old 03-13-2017, 07:20 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I apologise for getting side-tracked, but I have to state once again, Stevie is no longer an artist. She is consumed by commerce and displays a distinct lack of maturity these days. I used to adore this woman but now am embarrassed by her actions. She's awful.
Old 03-13-2017, 07:22 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I apologise for getting side-tracked, but I have to state once again, Stevie is no longer an artist. She is consumed by commerce and displays a distinct lack of maturity these days. I used to adore this woman but now am embarrassed by her actions. She's awful.
I don't agree.
Neither do the critics and fans going to her sold-out shows.
She is almost 70 and deserves to do whatever she wants at this point.
I would have loved one last Mac album.
But it's her decision.

Last edited by TheWildHeart67; 03-13-2017 at 07:28 AM..
Old 03-13-2017, 08:01 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default responce

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil View Post
then don't go to her shows, buy her cd's, you should be embarrased, its her life not yours.
Old 03-13-2017, 08:05 AM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEVEHEDRICK View Post
then don't go to her shows, buy her cd's, you should be embarrased, its her life not yours.
that is uncalled for and that kind of behavior is why we have a ban on topics the adults here can discuss and topics get locked

http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=56933

Last edited by olive; 03-13-2017 at 08:44 AM..
Old 03-13-2017, 08:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Every Stevie Nicks fan has a right to have whatever opinion they damn well want. She's going to do what she wants (and absolutely should) but that doesn't mean everyone is going to like or agree with it. Stick to your own opinion and stop criticizing others for having theirs.

I remember it all...you just had to fall...
Old 03-13-2017, 09:58 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Steve gave his opinion, just like Phil did. Nothing wrong with that!
Old 03-13-2017, 10:09 AM

Quote:
I appreciate your passion on the subject. I know it can be difficult at times, but keep your opinions on point (the article) and not directed to other members' lives, embarrassment, etc.

Thanks!
Old 03-13-2017, 10:25 AM
Senior Ledgie

At the Edge Of 70, Stevie has paid her dues....she has EVERY right to participate in whatever musical endeavors she wants...kudos to her for enjoying an extended solo tour that is getting rave reviews and filling up arenas...
Old 03-13-2017, 10:49 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil View Post
So your definition of an artist, a musical one, is just that of someone who's currently recording and not at all interested in commerce? The reason I ask is that if you've seen Stevie's new tour, do you not consider that art? The whole process behind her tour and her onstage performace are nothing but art at its finest, and the way she's been singing her songs and telling the stories that made them up is a perfect demonstration of that.
I understand if you don't feel the same way that I do, but the way I see it, in addition to writing beautiful songs and performing them well, charisma and ability to engage audiences are also some of the many definitions of a true artist. For me, Stevie is an artist in every sense of the word.

Crystallineknowledge
Dedicated to Stevie.
Old 03-13-2017, 11:22 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Danielle, Bravo! That was beautifully articulated! I couldn't agree with you more!! John
Old 03-13-2017, 11:38 AM
Registered

Alot of us are not new to her ,we did not just discover her or just able to see one of her shows for the first time we've been around since the beginning the good times the bad times the several stale tours of the same songs and listless performances and that's where our frustration comes from that she's falling back into that trap I have these songs they're good enough people will pay top dollar to see and hear me sing them.

As for this current show mind blowing I cannot describe how it made me feel after all these years to see and hear her do it she should have been doing 20- 30 years ago.. but I think some of those are frustrated she's just going to Coast on this for as long as she can and not create some really great new music for us and herself

Last edited by olive; 03-13-2017 at 11:43 AM..
Old 03-13-2017, 12:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Yes. I've been with her through good and bad times. 36 shows and counting😊
Old 03-13-2017, 12:28 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWildHeart67 View Post
Yes. I've been with her through good and bad times. 36 shows and counting😊
Aww still a newbie