The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Stevie Nicks
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-21-2014, 02:04 PM

Default Vote For Stevie: Ucr Hall Of Fame

Ok, I personally only have respect and adoration (and lust) for Robert Plant, but our Stevie's solo career is much more meaningful to me.
Vote here: http://ultimateclassicrock.com/stevi...-robert-plant/

Last edited by SisterNightroad; 10-27-2014 at 04:09 PM..
Old 10-21-2014, 05:47 PM
Junior Ledgie

I typically don't care about things like this, but maybe I'm in a sensitive mood tonight, because reading the couple of comments at the bottom (which I should know better to by now) pissed me off. Dudes and their sexist BS writing off Stevie's accomplishments and contributions to music. It's one thing to prefer Robert Plant, but don't diminish another influential artist to raise him up.

Yeah, it's nothing new, as people have talked about Stevie like that throughout at lot of her career. But these days she's well-respected by fellow music artists, including the young crowd, and even music critics seem to get it now. If only the dunderheaded classic rock fanboys would recognize it too.
Old 10-21-2014, 06:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedancingcow View Post
It's one thing to prefer Robert Plant, but don't diminish another influential artist to raise him up.
Some people will always bash another artist to justify their own tastes. Sometimes I think it's inadvertent, but not often.
I'm not the man you think I am. My love has never lived indoors - I had to drag it home by four, hired hounds at both my wrists, damp and bruised by strangers' kisses on my lips. But you're the one that I still miss. Neko Case
Old 10-21-2014, 09:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

[Here's the descriptor: ]

Stevie Nicks Vs. Robert Plant – Ultimate Classic Rock Hall of Fame Semifinals

by Matthew WilkeningOctober 21, 2014 1:11 PM

Read More: Stevie Nicks Vs. Robert Plant - Ultimate Classic Rock Hall of Fame Semifinals | http://ultimateclassicrock.com/stevi...ckback=tsmclip

Two of rock’s most charismatic and poetic singers — Robert Plant and Stevie Nicks — square off for the right to advance to the finals of the 100 percent fan-voted Ultimate Classic Rock Hall of Fame competition.

Every month, our readers will decide which of eight legendary artists or bands will be honored for their contributions to the genre. This particular battle’s contestants have a lot more in common that just great hair and a hippie-dippy fashion sense.

They both are, or were, integral members of two of rock’s most important bands (Fleetwood Mac and Led Zeppelin, as if you needed that), and each also managed to strike out on their own with remarkable solo careers. Nicks took Billy Idol to school in round one, beating the ‘Rebel Yell’ star by more than a two-to-one margin, and Plant beat out Phil Collins — his one-time guest drummer — just as handily.

So who gets to move onto the finals? It’s your call. You can vote once a day between now and Monday, Oct. 27, at 11:59 PM EST. This month’s winner will be announced on November 4. Be sure to read our official rules.

Read More: Stevie Nicks Vs. Robert Plant - Ultimate Classic Rock Hall of Fame Semifinals | http://ultimateclassicrock.com/stevi...ckback=tsmclip

Last edited by michelej1; 10-21-2014 at 09:26 PM..
Old 10-22-2014, 05:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedancingcow View Post
I typically don't care about things like this, but maybe I'm in a sensitive mood tonight, because reading the couple of comments at the bottom (which I should know better to by now) pissed me off. Dudes and their sexist BS writing off Stevie's accomplishments and contributions to music. It's one thing to prefer Robert Plant, but don't diminish another influential artist to raise him up.

Yeah, it's nothing new, as people have talked about Stevie like that throughout at lot of her career. But these days she's well-respected by fellow music artists, including the young crowd, and even music critics seem to get it now. If only the dunderheaded classic rock fanboys would recognize it too.
I totally understand you, I thought I would post and vote just for fun but seeing some insensitive comments made me uncomfortable. It's almost 2015 and people are still stuck with narrow-minded and sexist beliefs about what is rock and what's not. A ****ing machismo tradeshow.
So I thought that since these people just want to begin a ****storm, instead of responding directly, I would just do everything I could to make Stevie win, just for a bit of satisfaction.
SO VOTE ANYTIME YOU CAN!

Last edited by SisterNightroad; 10-22-2014 at 05:45 AM..
Old 10-22-2014, 10:12 AM
Addicted Ledgie

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/stevi...-robert-plant/

*ahem* Guess who took the lead... So long Planty
Old 10-22-2014, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DauphineMarie View Post

*ahem* Guess who took the lead... So long Planty
WELL DONE!

By the way the thought of Stevie taking the lead with Robert Plant...
Old 10-22-2014, 04:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SisterNightroad View Post
WELL DONE!

By the way the thought of Stevie taking the lead with Robert Plant...
Old 10-23-2014, 06:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I was going to vote, but it kept taking me to the Facebook login page. I don't have an account. Oh well.
Old 10-23-2014, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by He's So Unusual View Post
I was going to vote, but it kept taking me to the Facebook login page. I don't have an account. Oh well.
You don't need an account to vote, that's strange...
Try one of these now: http://ultimateclassicrock.com/stevi...ckback=tsmclip
Or go simply to "ultimateclassicrock.com" and search Stevie Nicks on the search bar.
Old 10-27-2014, 03:39 PM

Default Vote for Stevie part II: UCR Hall of fame Stevie Nicks VS Ronnie James Dio

Such is the nature of the Ultimate Classic Rock Hall of Fame that we often get disparate acts pitted against each other. But even we’d be hard-pressed to recall a pairing like this month’s finals, which matches Dio against Stevie Nicks.
Every month, our readers decide which of eight legendary artists or bands will be honored for their contributions to the genre. Now you’ve got to choose between a true rock goddess and one of the most beloved bands of ’80s metal.
To reach the finals, Nicks easily sent Billy Idol back to dancing with himself in the first round, followed by a comfortable win over fellow blonde bombshell Robert Plant in the semifinals. Dio, for his part, destroyed Nicks’ one-time duet partner Don Henley in the opener and beat Stevie Ray Vaughan in the semis by an almost similar margin.
If there’s anything these two acts have in common, it’s that we’re honoring their achievements under their own name rather than with the groups with which they first became famous: Nicks with Fleetwood Mac and Dio namesake Ronnie James Dio as a member of Black Sabbath.
So who will be this month’s inductee into the Ultimate Classic Rock Hall of Fame? That’s entirely up to you. You can vote once a day between now and Monday, Nov. 3, at 11:59 PM EST, with the winner be announced on Nov. 4. Be sure to read our official rules.

Read More: Dio vs. Stevie Nicks - Ultimate Classic Rock Hall of Fame Finals | http://ultimateclassicrock.com/dio-v...ckback=tsmclip

Last edited by SisterNightroad; 10-27-2014 at 04:16 PM..
Old 10-27-2014, 03:40 PM

STEVIE WON!!! Thanks to all of you fellow ledgies!

Now that my little feminine mania of vengeance has faded, I just want to point out that unlike Plant and Led Zeppelin fans, I (we) have the maximum respect for Robert Plant, of whom Stevie is a friend and admirer too, and the similarity between him and Stevie both as lyricists and performers is greater than most of his fans would acknowledge.

Also, this was a poll about the competitors' SOLO careers achievings (also both Led Zeppelin and Fleetwood Mac have already been inducted in the previous matches) and thus the gap between the level of the two singers-songwriters is even smaller; and let's face it, for how great Robert Plant is, his solo career relies heavily upon Led Zeppelin.

Yes, this was a rather silly poll, but I like to think that it's a small step towards a bit of acknowledgement for Stevie, as I have always seen even among her greatest fans and FM fans themselves a compliant attitude towards their favourite band, saying things like "I love them, but I know that they aren't the best/the most important/the greatest etc." while fans of other bands advocate arrogantly and ignorantly the supremacy of their favourite group; to be honest it's sad.

We always hope that FM and Stevie gain more recognition, reward and praise but rarely we do promote the idea ourselves, sometimes it almost seems like we're waiting for our favourite band to be academically acknowledged before having the guts to proclaim it so.
From my point of view it should be the other way around, also because who would acknowledge an artist if even his or her most affectionate fans declare that it's not the greatest? Even if it's a silly statement, it's the most natural thing to say about your favourite band or singer.

So don't forget to vote again:
http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showth...10#post1151310

Last edited by SisterNightroad; 10-29-2014 at 09:04 AM..
Old 10-27-2014, 03:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Vote for Stevie people! You can vote once every hour so do that. She has to win!
Old 10-27-2014, 03:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Vote for Stevie people! You can vote once every hour so do that. She has to win!
Old 10-27-2014, 06:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I've been able to vote multiple times just refreshing the page. No one hour wait!

Crystallineknowledge
Dedicated to Stevie.