Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-10-2014, 11:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Not Finding out the Setlist

I tried last tour but I was unsuccessful. But this time around I think I'm going to try harder. Is anyone else going to try to not find out what songs they are doing before they go to a show? I guess if you are going to one of the first shows, it's no sweat, but since I'm out here in California, it's going to be really hard. The funny thing is that before the internet, when I saw them on the Tusk tour and the Mirage tour, there was no way to find out, short of knowing someone who lived in a different place and had already seen them. So it was easy not to know and it was really nice because it was such a surprise. I remember that I didn't find out that they had performed Over and Over (which they only added late on the Tusk tour after I had already seen them) until I read a review in Rolling Stone, quite a bit after the tour had ended. Anyway, if anyone else out there is going to try, let me know. I need moral support!!

Kevin
Old 04-11-2014, 01:57 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Kevin, I am right there with you. Come September 30, I will not be on the ledge, and blocking FB things. I want to be soo surprised that my sock will literally be knocked off.

= ) I'm here for support!
Old 04-11-2014, 02:18 AM
Senior Ledgie

I was thinking the same thing. I don't want to know anything before I see the show. The challenge will be to block all the Fleetwood Mac-related things that are on my facebook feed. I'm not even sure how to do that, or if there's some other way to get around it, without having to avoid facebook entirely.
Old 04-11-2014, 07:42 AM
Senior Ledgie

It was easy for me last year because I saw the 2nd show on the tour. This year I have to wait 12 days. I'm going to try my best though.
Old 04-11-2014, 08:19 AM
Addicted Ledgie

OK, you guys are inspiring me. So I will do the same thing. No Ledge for October and November and I will unlike Fleetwood Mac and start posting announcements on FB so my friends don't send me stuff. That actually is the hardest part, but if I start posting it this summer, maybe every week, maybe I can actually be surprised!!

I'm feeling like this is more possible now.

Kevin
Old 04-11-2014, 09:13 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Smile I have to know ...

I have to know the set list before I go. And it's to any concert I go to. I can't explain why I need to know, I just do. I write it down & take it with me, too, so I can see if the artist changes anything up.

So I will be on The Ledge before I see the Mac in Philly.

Lee
Old 04-11-2014, 09:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I have enough problems to worry about then a setlist.Getting to the show on time and safely in one piece.

It will be on here the first night of the concert.I dont mind and its like a preview before my show comes up.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 04-11-2014, 12:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I really admire you guys with trying not to find out the set list. I know I can't do it. That is why I went to opening night in Columbus last year, I wanted to be surprised. Even though I managed to get a complimentary room for opening night this year, the other travel expenses and related cost are leading me to stay home. Considering my show is the last day of the tour in Tampa, I'm sure I'll be on here looking at the set list and videos of opening night. I just have to know.
Old 04-11-2014, 02:16 PM
Senior Ledgie

What's to find out really? We all know it's going to be the same setlist as ususal, just with Christine's biggest hits thrown in there. But anyways, I'm one of those that always wants the setlist to be a big surprise but always ends up spoiling it for myself by finally caving in and looking at at it online. But not this time!
Old 04-11-2014, 02:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanders8323 View Post
What's to find out really? We all know it's going to be the same setlist as ususal, just with Christine's biggest hits thrown in there. But anyways, I'm one of those that always wants the setlist to be a big surprise but always ends up spoiling it for myself by finally caving in and looking at at it online. But not this time!
exactly. i can only be disappointed, or disappointed even more. i went to the 1st show last year and was very disappointed. so i wouldn't do that again. i want to know what the level of my disappointment will be before i decide whether it's worth it to shell out the money for the ticket.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 04-11-2014, 04:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
exactly. i can only be disappointed, or disappointed even more. i went to the 1st show last year and was very disappointed. so i wouldn't do that again. i want to know what the level of my disappointment will be before i decide whether it's worth it to shell out the money for the ticket.
What if Lindsey's encore is Walk a Thin Line right before Songbird?
Old 04-11-2014, 04:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by bethelblues View Post
What if Lindsey's encore is Walk a Thin Line right before Songbird?
i'd be a bit less disappointed.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 04-11-2014, 06:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I agree with you that in general, the set list will be disappointing. However, I'm sure there will be at least 2 or 3 surprises. Even on the last tour, they added Say You Love Me and Sisters of the Moon. And you never know. On Stevie's Box Set Enchanted Tour, she trotted out Gold and Braid, Sleeping Angel, Rose Garden, Twisted, and Garbo. So you never know. For me even if I'm surprised 2 or 3 times during the show, it makes it a lot more fun. And also not knowing the order of the songs makes it a little more interesting too.

Kevin
Old 04-11-2014, 06:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
i'd be a bit less disappointed.
You would think he'd have the decency to do that one for you, right? (and the many fans who'd like to hear it) You made him aware that people know the Tusk album more than just Stevie's songs and Not That Funny and IKINW.

Also--- if you were so disappointed, why ever did you go to so many shows?

They never did Say You Love Me last year. Thank God I was spared that one. I went in not being spoiled for the setlist. My show was at Madison Square Garden, and all I knew was that Sisters of the Moon would be played. I was hoping that one would come toward the end...and when it didn't, I figured it was going to have a different feel. I liked not knowing the song order. If I did, I would probably be thinking like a checklist, knowing what was coming next. But at the same time, I was trying to figure out what they had played and what they hadn't; and I was so anxious I remember confusing one song with another. Not sure what I'll do this time, since I haven't gotten tickets yet. I do want to see Christine. It'll be more fun if I don't know what they're doing, though I'll be pissed if there are only like 4-5 songs played they didn't do last year.

Last edited by bethelblues; 04-11-2014 at 06:39 PM..
Old 04-11-2014, 07:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bethelblues View Post
You would think he'd have the decency to do that one for you, right? (and the many fans who'd like to hear it) You made him aware that people know the Tusk album more than just Stevie's songs and Not That Funny and IKINW.

Also--- if you were so disappointed, why ever did you go to so many shows?
good question.

not one good answer i'm afraid. LB addiction first and foremost, i guess. had tickets for a number of shows in advance, before they ever played the first one. couldn't resist when great tickets dropped. had many friends who wanted to go together so we were making little travel plans around tour dates. wanted to hear Oh well in Europe (that didn't happen either!). all kinds of reasons. none of them really good ones for spending that kind of money for the exact same show. guess i was slow in learning my lesson. i'm not doing it again this year.