The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-24-2014, 10:45 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I love every song on the album, including bonus tracks - - with the exception of Come and Silver Girl. It just has never quite gelled for me as a cohesive album. I continue to hope that the 4 omitted tracks will surface one day (bonus tracks for the band's new album!?), although I'm not holding my breath.
Old 04-25-2014, 11:45 AM
Senior Ledgie

Here's my imperfect tracklisting (with Christine's songs)...

Right Place To Fade
Sorcerer
Northern Star
Planets Of The Universe
Red Rover
Temporary One
Fall From Grace
Friend
Steal Your Heart Away
Everybody Finds Out
Down On Rodeo
You Are
Thrown Down
Someone's Gotta Change Your Mind
Old 04-25-2014, 11:50 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tusky View Post
Here's my imperfect tracklisting (with Christine's songs)...

Right Place To Fade
Sorcerer
Northern Star
Planets Of The Universe
Red Rover
Temporary One
Fall From Grace
Friend
Steal Your Heart Away
Everybody Finds Out
Down On Rodeo
You Are
Thrown Down
Someone's Gotta Change Your Mind
I like it! "Right Place To Fade" would have been a fantastic Fleetwood Mac song.
Old 04-25-2014, 11:55 AM
Senior Ledgie

Thanks! It's not mid-tempo either, so makes a good opener (RockawayBlind gave me the idea!).
Old 04-25-2014, 05:18 PM
Senior Ledgie

Default Redux

When I put this on in the car it's a 14 track album instead of 18. I dropped Murrow, Steal Your Heart Away, Illume, Running Through the Garden, and Silver Girl. Popped Not Make Believe in to get them even. It runs like this:

WTWCT
Say You Will
BTLH
Red Rover
Not Make Believe
Peacekeeper
Come
Everybody Finds Out
Destiny Rules
Miranda
Thrown Down
Smile At You
Say Goodbye
Goodbye Baby

This way they each get to dominate a half of the record. For me it works better than the original. Goes by pretty quick.
Old 04-25-2014, 05:41 PM
Senior Ledgie

Love that!
Old 04-26-2014, 01:57 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarmaContestant View Post
Christine offered a lot of temperance between the quirky and mystical of Lindsey and Stevie, respectively; temperance that is missing from SYW.
You hit it on the nail. SYW is one hot mess! But there are some strong tracks on it. I would have released it like this and put the rest of the songs on the limited edition disc.
  1. What's the World Coming To
  2. Say You Will
  3. Peacekeeper
  4. Thrown Down
  5. Steal Your Heart Away
  6. Miranda
  7. Destiny Rules
  8. Bleed to Love Her
  9. Everybody Finds Out
  10. Say Goodbye
  11. Goodbye Baby
Old 04-26-2014, 02:22 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpyNote View Post
You hit it on the nail. SYW is one hot mess! But there are some strong tracks on it. I would have released it like this and put the rest of the songs on the limited edition disc.
  1. What's the World Coming To
  2. Say You Will
  3. Peacekeeper
  4. Thrown Down
  5. Steal Your Heart Away
  6. Miranda
  7. Destiny Rules
  8. Bleed to Love Her
  9. Everybody Finds Out
  10. Say Goodbye
  11. Goodbye Baby
I'm sure Stevie and Lindsey would have to make it an even number of tracks to give each the same amount of songs. That's what happened on the released album, so I'm sure whatever alternate configuration they came up with would've been like that as well.
Old 04-26-2014, 06:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeVielhaber View Post
I'm sure Stevie and Lindsey would have to make it an even number of tracks to give each the same amount of songs. That's what happened on the released album, so I'm sure whatever alternate configuration they came up with would've been like that as well.
That's probably true. I just don't think any other song, besides the 11 listed, go together. The others definitely belong on solo projects. As much as I love "Running Through the Garden," it never evolved from the new wave trappings of Rock a Little.
Old 04-27-2014, 04:25 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Right Place To Fade
Destiny Rules
Thrown Down
Bleed To Love Her
Wait for You
Everybody Finds Out
Say You Will
Gift Of Screws
Not Make Believe
Miranda
Smile At You
Someone's Gonna Change Your Mind
Peacekeeper
Goodbye Baby

Don't know about the Running Order, but I chose to pick other selections from Lindsey's original GOS. Ofcourse some of them would have been opened up for Stevie's voice. Although I love red rover, murrow, and come, that are typical LB soloefforts. I'm not a fan of rodeo. This way, the album would have had more uptempo partitions.

Old 04-27-2014, 07:20 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Syw

Where ever Fleetwood Mac is with this possible new album, I hope they utilize one of the band’s biggest strengths - the vocals of the band members. A highlight for me of “Say You Will” is how, throughout the record, there are some great moments of Stevie and Lindsey harmonizing and/or singing on each other’s songs - Steal Her Heart Away, Peacekeeper**, What’s the World Coming To, Thrown Down, Smile at You are my favorites - I hope we hear the three harmonize and sing on each other’s songs throughout the new record. Man, “Tusk” would have been much better if there was more singing from the three.

On its release date, I listened to "Say You Will" twice from front to back, then made two play lists which has pretty much been the way I listen to these songs..

So with 10 new Stevie Nicks songs, of course I had to make a “Stevie only” version..

Say You Will
Thrown Down
Destiny Rules
Not Make Believe
Illume
Running Through the Garden
Everybody Finds Out
Smile at You
Silver Girl
Say Goodbye

I listen to it sometimes - it would be in the bottom tier of my favorite Stevie albums - but I mainly listen to my FM play list when I want some “Say You Will.”

So let’s say I worked for a record company and I was asked to take these SYW tracks and make an album with 12 tracks and market it to the masses. No more than 12 tracks because they also wanted to issue it on vinyl as a single disc.

And this is how the album would play out (very similar to how Daniel would sequence the record)..

What’s The World’s Coming To
Say You Will
Peacekeeper
Thrown Down
Bleed to Love Her
Not Make Believe
Miranda
Destiny Rules
Steal Your Heart Away
Everybody Finds Out
Smile At You
Say Goodbye

Two songs I kept going back and forth on were Red Rover and Illume, but I couldn’t make them fit into the SYW puzzle and also didn’t want to replace any other track with one of them. Really like both songs, though. I would have included all the rest of the tracks as part of extras in the deluxe version making it more attractive to hardcore fans.

I had forgotten how badly SYW was sequenced - great songs, but no cohesion, and way too long. I would have went with my 12 tracks with a name change to “Gone to the Moon” - SYW is Fleetwood Mac’s worst album title. And, I would keep the cover art. Me like.

Just finished watching the news.. “What’s the world coming to.. what’s the world coming to? Everyone’s gone to the moon..”
Old 04-27-2014, 09:25 AM
Senior Ledgie

Default Alternate Title

I was thinking about this when I posted the way I rearranged the tracks and I couldn't think of a line from a song or some other word/phrase that could title the album. I think Say You Will works in a couple ways and easily fits in with the previous album titles. Maybe it was a compromise like so many other things. A line or the title from Say Goodbye might have been good. Though I'm sure they'd be loathe to make such a foreboding statement.