User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-25-2018, 11:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feather Blade View Post
I don't know, I guess I just wasn't surprised. The news had broken already and with not hearing anything solo from anyone else no longer with the band, it didn't seem unusual to me. Yes, if there had been a lot of former member's outside work featured but not his, I would have thought it would have been odd too. But that didn't seem to be an issue.
You were spot on, Feather Blade- the station only played solo songs by people who were currently in the band, which would have been Stevie, Christine, Neil, Mick, Mike, and John. The station did not play solo songs by former members, such as Lindsey, Billy, Rick, Bob, etc. And this was noted several times in threads back when the station was airing, and it was also noted then that Library's firing was probably why the station was delayed, because they had to record Neil and Mike's interviews.
Old 10-25-2018, 04:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neal View Post
Toward the end of the stations run they did start including Lindsey's commentary on various tracks, but it was weird that they waited until week 4 of 4 to do so.
I heard him speak way earlier then that. Halfway through the first week.

And this defense of they didn’t play anything solo from those not in the band is a terrible technicality for people here to be clinging to. It was a shi**y move towards Lindsey, period end of story. I’m just glad they didn’t take it a step further and remove any Lindsey songs that weren’t major hits.

The “support the current band” group of Ledgies which I’m obviously one of, need to have the ability to think logically too and not be sheep or it hurts
Our credibility.

He Will Burn You Down
Old 10-25-2018, 05:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

OH PLEASE! We know exactly what happened. The order came directly from Nasal One Note herself. NO LINDSEY SOLO. She's a vindictive old goat.
Old 10-25-2018, 05:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post

And this defense of they didn’t play anything solo from those not in the band is a terrible technicality for people here to be clinging to. It was a shi**y move towards Lindsey, period end of story. I’m just glad they didn’t take it a step further and remove any Lindsey songs that weren’t major hits.

The “support the current band” group of Ledgies which I’m obviously one of, need to have the ability to think logically too and not be sheep or it hurts
Our credibility.
I only heard Stevie, Christine, and John solo. They didn’t play Zoo, Buckingham Nicks, Bluesbreakers, solo Bob Welch, Billy Burnette (who WAS getting played on Outlaw Country at the time) or Split Enz/CH/Finn. TPATH were on, but would have been anyway. Lindsey’s bumpers were on after the first week. I thought Lindsey got the shaft, but so did Neil.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 10-25-2018, 06:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
I only heard Stevie, Christine, and John solo. They didn’t play Zoo, Buckingham Nicks, Bluesbreakers, solo Bob Welch, Billy Burnette (who WAS getting played on Outlaw Country at the time) or Split Enz/CH/Finn. TPATH were on, but would have been anyway. Lindsey’s bumpers were on after the first week. I thought Lindsey got the shaft, but so did Neil.
Neil who barely had played a note with them, or had never been on stage with them or recorded with them? Got the shaft????? I don't think so.
Old 10-25-2018, 07:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post

Our credibility.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
Right. And Bob Welch was getting played on Channel 27 (heard ebony eyes oncce during that timeframe) but the difference is they probably were compiling their playlists well in advance and if they were already interviewing Lindsey, that means the station idea became a thing when he was on the band. So his solo songs would clearly have had to have been initially in the playlist and had to be removed At some point.

And Neil not being played isn’t in the same thing. I don’t consider him even being in the band until they played their first show together. Now he has product with the band (I consider their live performances product essentially, especially in this new age, we theoretically get poorer quality live albums after every show)

So if the station premiered in November if be ok with considering Neil shafted.

He Will Burn You Down
Old 10-25-2018, 07:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post
Neil who barely had played a note with them, or had never been on stage with them or recorded with them? Got the shaft????? I don't think so.
Yeah. Why exclude an official member? What would have been better, actually hearing Split Enz/CH songs or listening to his bumpers?

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 10-28-2018, 10:58 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
You were spot on, Feather Blade- the station only played solo songs by people who were currently in the band, which would have been Stevie, Christine, Neil, Mick, Mike, and John. The station did not play solo songs by former members, such as Lindsey, Billy, Rick, Bob, etc. And this was noted several times in threads back when the station was airing, and it was also noted then that Library's firing was probably why the station was delayed, because they had to record Neil and Mike's interviews.
Library's firing is a hilarious typo. I wish Sirius would have kept that channel.