The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
View Poll Results: What is your favorite album cover art?
White Album 3 6.82%
Rumours 12 27.27%
Tusk 5 11.36%
Live 1 2.27%
Mirage 11 25.00%
Tango in the Night 8 18.18%
The Dance 2 4.55%
Say You Will 2 4.55%
Live in Boston 0 0%
Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-03-2010, 03:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissLadyLoki View Post
Stevie was there, but she really looked like she wanted out, kinda like Chris on the back of Rumours.

EDIT: Looking at the cover now, it does look like the band is in the back, but I'm having trouble now. Can someone please help me?
I'm 98.2% sure that the band is NOT on the cover!

from Rick Vito's Q&A...

Q&A Sessions
Rick Vito, September 6 - 19, 1999
Page 3

Hi Rick, I really hope you answer this with a lot of details. I am one of those type of people that goes crazy when they don't know something about Fleetwood Mac..WHAT DOES THE ALBUM COVER OF BEHIND THE MASK MEAN? It shows a girl being sad..and circus people? in the background? WHAT DOES IT ALL MEAN,? LOL Thanks a lot. You are so cool, I love you. Your greatest fan, John. (John Alvarez, Davie, Florida, USA)

Hi John, Here's the truth as I remember it. It doesn't mean anything! As I mentioned before, I did not like the cover but was voted down on it. The photographer had the idea of putting six people together who were not us. He did this on his own. People said, "Oh..it's like their alter-egos there", but really it was not planned out in any way that I'm aware of. I think the effect was confusing. Thanks for your sentiments.

Last edited by MacShadowsBall; 12-03-2010 at 03:25 PM..
Old 12-03-2010, 03:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacShadowsBall View Post

Hi John, Here's the truth as I remember it. It doesn't mean anything! As I mentioned before, I did not like the cover but was voted down on it. The photographer had the idea of putting six people together who were not us. He did this on his own. People said, "Oh..it's like their alter-egos there", but really it was not planned out in any way that I'm aware of. I think the effect was confusing. Thanks for your sentiments.
This is the weirdest thing, ever. Like what the heck? Way to just throw a cover together for the hell of it.
Old 12-03-2010, 05:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Cassie, I am going to throw a hissy fit. You included Live & Boston, but no 'Greatest Hits,' or 'The Very Best of'? Oh, it's on, girlfriend!!

I'm only joking...although I really do like both those album covers...especially the pumpkin flower thing on Greatest Hits. I remember a long time ago in class we had to draw a picture of things that mean a lot of us and for 'music' I drew the pumpkin flower thing to represent Fleetwood Mac, and my teacher was like, 'what the hell is that?'
Old 12-03-2010, 05:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Rumours. It just sums up everything I adore about Fleetwood Mac. It's an iconic cover, and for good reason .
Old 12-03-2010, 06:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerraRhiannon View Post
Cassie, I am going to throw a hissy fit. You included Live & Boston, but no 'Greatest Hits,' or 'The Very Best of'? Oh, it's on, girlfriend!!

I'm only joking...although I really do like both those album covers...especially the pumpkin flower thing on Greatest Hits. I remember a long time ago in class we had to draw a picture of things that mean a lot of us and for 'music' I drew the pumpkin flower thing to represent Fleetwood Mac, and my teacher was like, 'what the hell is that?'
I didn't think of 'em, but then again, they're compiations, When i do the pre-Rumours one eventually, I'm gonna do the same thing.

You can add me on Facebook
Old 12-03-2010, 06:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerraRhiannon View Post
that's always had me scratching my head.
yeah i'm just glad their fake.
They aren't fake, they're real wood!

They came from a bathroom toilet.
It's a U.K. kind of thing.