Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-26-2010, 08:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I reckon fireflies...
Silver Springs has had way more appearances lately. We even had Kate Hudson singing it!
Fireflies needs some attention too!
Old 11-29-2010, 11:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie

A BIG thumbs down on The Dance version of "Silver Springs"...mainly because it is on a live album (and from what I surmise from this series of polls, we're not counting live albums or live versions of songs).

The original B-side version of "Silver Springs"? Yes, definitely. It wasn't on any album (except The Chain box set) so, therefore it meets the criteria for this series of polls.
Old 11-29-2010, 12:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiliD View Post
A BIG thumbs down on The Dance version of "Silver Springs"...mainly because it is on a live album (and from what I surmise from this series of polls, we're not counting live albums or live versions of songs).

The original B-side version of "Silver Springs"? Yes, definitely. It wasn't on any album (except The Chain box set) so, therefore it meets the criteria for this series of polls.
How different is the original B-side version to the one that ended up on the remastered Rumours? I've heard the Chain box set version and I think the only difference I noticed was that the harmonies carried on throughout the final choruses/outro, while they cut out for a bit in the Rumours version.
Old 11-30-2010, 03:55 AM
Registered

It may hurt everybody's everything, but how about tossing 'Not Make Believe' in? I can't say it's her best song, but I don't get all the hating the song sometimes gets, I think it's a good track.
And I get 'it hurts my everything.' I would.
Old 11-30-2010, 01:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikolaj View Post
It may hurt everybody's everything, but how about tossing 'Not Make Believe' in? I can't say it's her best song, but I don't get all the hating the song sometimes gets, I think it's a good track.
And I get 'it hurts my everything.' I would.
I think the song has excellent, evocative qualities. The chorus seems to be what's killer for me. It almost sounds like it's going against the rest of the song somehow. And the lyrics are, to me, moving.

The "it hurts my everything" line is stupid. Yet, I think it fits the message of someone you've known for a very long time being able to push the precise button that will make you feel like a vulnerable child again, no matter what you've accomplished in life. It's a juvenile phrasing to match a description of child like hurt.

On the other hand, I think there's a certain power in the words, "not make believe then" because I can almost hear the speaker saying, "That magic I had over you, back then? It was real and I've still got it. Pretend like it didn't happen and wasn't powerful if you want, but it wasn't -- it's not -- illusion. Not make believe."

Certainly this song is album worthy and I think it's worlds better than Silver Girl or RTTG.

Michele
Old 12-02-2010, 02:05 AM
Registered

^ Yes, definitely! You're right again and said it well. I never knew what it was that I liked about 'Not Make Believe', I just knew that I did like it, quite a lot.
I think now I know why, thanks to you. Totally agree that it's more album worthy than the 2 songs you mentioned.
I don't dislike it tons, but 'Running Through The Garden' always made me picture tomatoes squishing between her toes, falling, and confining her evermore to Reeboks.
Probably not the kind of garden she meant.

Last edited by Nikolaj; 12-02-2010 at 02:18 AM..
Old 12-02-2010, 02:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Does "Twisted" qualify here, since both Lindsey Buckingham and Mick Fleetwood appear on it?

"Paper Doll", "Sweet Girl" and "Not Make Believe" are very good songs that should have been more prominent on albums.
Old 12-02-2010, 03:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Exclamation

To clarify, "Silver Springs" already won Favorite Stevie extra song. The only poll left open is the one for Favorite song from Say you will and that closes in 2 hours. No other songs are up for consideration.