The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
View Poll Results: What's your favorite Stevie song from Say You Will?
Illume 3 4.84%
Thrown Down 27 43.55%
Say You Will 4 6.45%
Smile At You 5 8.06%
Running Through the Garden 8 12.90%
Silver Girl 2 3.23%
Everybody Finds Out 9 14.52%
Destiny Rules 2 3.23%
Goodbye Baby 2 3.23%
Voters: 62. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 11-27-2010, 12:00 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Realistically it's probably Thrown Down, but today I went with Everybody Finds Out.

They're both awesome songs but I've had a special affinity for EFO over the last week. I was with a few others at a work function, watching a couple whose long-running affair is now very public knowledge. Someone else made the observation that they've become so practiced at being un-involved in public that they now don't know how to interact with each other as a normal couple. I was very close to quoting "When love starts out in the darkness, it doesn't do well in the light", but thought it might lack a little something unless I could conjure up a string section
Old 11-27-2010, 01:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

I've gotta say, I've been thrown down by the support Thrown Down is getting! To me, that one song represents everything that is wrong with Say You Will, and more pointedly, Lindsey's production.

I went with Illume myself. It's Stevie's modern-day Gold Dust Woman. It's also the only song I've heard about 9/11 that's not cheesy, embarrassing, or anger-inducing to listen to (I thought so many artists capitalized on the tragedy in a tasteless way). The production and style of the song was ultra modern at the time, but you still instantly knew it was Fleetwood Mac. To me, the emotion on the song, it's sonic quality, and envelope pushing style made it the best song on the album.
Old 11-27-2010, 02:04 AM
Supporting Ledgie

Other than Thrown Down, I think Destiny Rules is the strongest track on the record. I actually skip ILLUME every time Louie
Old 11-27-2010, 02:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mylittledemon View Post
Other than Thrown Down, I think Destiny Rules is the strongest track on the record. I actually skip ILLUME every time Louie
Destiny Rules is actually my second fav too. It's just classic Fleetwood Mac. I fully understand why not everybody likes Illume, though. But the love for Thrown Down? Unforgivable!
Old 11-27-2010, 08:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Running Through The Garden... my very favourite song . This album would be very boring without it. Thank god it´s there.

I want Stevie to tour in Europe!
Old 11-28-2010, 02:27 AM
Ledgie

I'm fairly new to this album, and I've been listening to Lindsey's and Stevie's songs separately for this discussion.

Thrown Down and Running Through the Garden are my favorites of Stevie's, with Say You Will probably in third place.

I really love her vocals and Lindsey's guitar on Running, and it makes me want to move. So that is where my vote goes.

The soft vocals of Goodbye Baby are pretty. It's different (in a good way), but I don't listen to it often.

I had never heard the "Angry Demo" of Smile at You until I searched for it after reading this thread. I absolutely LOVE it! At the very end when she sings "My heart...my heart...was broken", she really sounds heartbroken. Powerful song. I can't believe how different it is from this album version.

I love John's bass on Destiny Rules. Have you guys ever done a series of polls like this for John and Mick's work on each album?
Old 11-28-2010, 08:10 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderHappens View Post
I had never heard the "Angry Demo" of Smile at You until I searched for it after reading this thread. I absolutely LOVE it! At the very end when she sings "My heart...my heart...was broken", she really sounds heartbroken. Powerful song. I can't believe how different it is from this album version.
Some of us prefer the demo over the album version and some don't. keep searching though because that great demo you heard is just one of three different demos she created for that song. They are all incredible.
Old 11-29-2010, 01:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Exclamation Poll Update

The poll closes in 2 hours!
Old 11-29-2010, 02:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

So to this day the finalists are Steal Your Heart Away and Thrown down.

Can't wait for the favorite Christine song from Say you will, to see who is the winner!!
Old 11-29-2010, 02:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villavic View Post
Can't wait for the favorite Christine song from Say you will, to see who is the winner!!
I wish! Christine's the one I like the most, followed closely by Stevie. So this album doesn't really hold my interest.
Old 11-29-2010, 03:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Exclamation Winner Update

With 27 votes, "Thrown Down" wins Favorite Stevie song from Say You Will.
Closed Thread