The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-20-2008, 06:37 AM
Ledgie

I found all of copies of Rolling Stone that feature the band on the front and the one featuring Stevie in a shop in London.

Bargain! Nice!!!
Old 11-20-2008, 08:58 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Well this might not actually be a rare find (although you have to remember that I am in Australia), but it is certainly an weird kind of experience.

I used to work in a particular city called Fremantle at the Target store. One lunch time I was walking along the street when I passed a second hand book store. Now I'd been in there a couple of times in the past, and had passed it every day for a year or so, but on that day I felt the need to go in there.

I walked straight to the music section, bent down, and came face to face with a copy of Bob Brunnings "Behind The Masks" for $5. I obviously bought it, and I have never yet seen another copy of this book. Weird, and I still regard it as my best FM find.
Old 11-20-2008, 10:03 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moz View Post
I didn't even know they made FM rings. I had some Spice Girls ones, circa 1996, but that's totally different, and less awesome.
Here they are!
Old 11-20-2008, 10:59 AM
Senior Ledgie

Cassette singles of "Family Man/Down Endless Street," "Seven Wonders/Book of Miracles," "Little Lies/Ricky," "Save Me/Another Woman," and "Hard Feelings/Freedom." And vinyl singles of "Isn't It Midnight/Mystified" and "Big Love/You and I Part 1."

Not that I'd part with these, but I've always been curious whether they're worth anything. Does anybody know?
Old 11-22-2008, 01:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

The best thing I have is probably the vinyl single form the Mirage Era which has Rhiannon and a few others I can't remember at the moment. It is the 12 inch with the cover of them in shadow and the writing is in Blue.

I alos have a slew of 45 singles including one with a b side single called Somebody's Gonna Get There Head Kicked In Tonight from a band I can't remember. at the moment

Matt
Old 11-22-2008, 05:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicks Fan View Post

I alos have a slew of 45 singles including one with a b side single called Somebody's Gonna Get There Head Kicked In Tonight from a band I can't remember. at the moment

Matt
That band would be Fleetwood Mac. Ya know the band with a tall drummer and the bass player who really loves Penguins . . . they do that song. Written by, uh, I don't know, a really small guy -- wouldn't think he was into head kickin' but, you never know.

Michele
Old 11-22-2008, 05:42 PM
Senior Ledgie

My discoveries pale into insignificance compared to most stuff here. But anyway, there's this 2nd hand vinyl shop which I pass by everyday on my way to college, so far I've managed to pick up Mirage and Tusk there for 20 quid each, the copy of Tusk is absolutely mint. Also, the best thing about the Mirage album was getting to see Lindsey's inner sleeve artwork which he's credited to on the cd sleeve, even though it's nowhere in sight. It's just a painting of the band but anyhow. Considering I live in Ireland I suppose that's a fairly good achievement, as was that day I strolled into HMV and managed to find a copy of Lindsey's Soundstage. That was pretty neat indeed.
Old 11-23-2008, 10:01 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by D.W-Suite View Post
Also, the best thing about the Mirage album was getting to see Lindsey's inner sleeve artwork which he's credited to on the cd sleeve, even though it's nowhere in sight.
Oh, I love that drawing. His depictions are interesting to me. For instance, I think it's funny that he makes John taller than he actually is. LB makes himself smaller and John bigger. Michele
Old 11-23-2008, 11:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Let's see:

A poster, signed and numbered by of the FM Penguin, all decked out in a tuxedo (complete with the Stevie crescent moon pendant hanging around its neck). I guess it was a special promo item made for the record company, friends of FM, etc.

Also found a pin of the FM Penguin atop the WB logo, wearing a red, white, and blue top hat, I'm wondering if that may have been a Bicentennial item (1976)?

Stumbled upon the "Everything you wanted to know about Stevie" book on Ebay (listed under Stevi not Stevie Nicks) and pretty much stole it---paid like $30 bucks for it.

A gatefold edition of Buckingham Nicks LP when I was about 15 (that's almost 30 years ago now) in a record store that took trades.

The tourbook from the Rumours era that I picked up for like 5-10 bucks on Ebay. Still can't figure out how I managed to get that one so cheap, and it was in really nice condition too.
Old 11-23-2008, 01:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeGeMe View Post

A poster, signed and numbered by of the FM Penguin, all decked out in a tuxedo (complete with the Stevie crescent moon pendant hanging around its neck). I guess it was a special promo item made for the record company, friends of FM, etc.

Also found a pin of the FM Penguin atop the WB logo, wearing a red, white, and blue top hat, I'm wondering if that may have been a Bicentennial item (1976)?
Pictures?

"Or maybe she's a witch, who transcends the boundaries of time and space, and traveled back to 1981, for her own reference."
Old 11-23-2008, 03:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I think I have a pic of the penguin poster on my laptop--I'll check later. But I found the same image on a t-shirt on Ebay this afternoon (it's from the Tusk era apparently). Better pics of the t at: http://cgi.ebay.com/vintage-1979-FLE...1%7C240%3A1318.

The poster is the same image on a cream/ivory background. And the paper the print is printed on is super heavy. The artist's name is "garris" which you can see at the bottom of the image on the t-shirt.

Edited a second time to include photo of poster/print.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 8511.jpg (95.9 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg penguinprint1.jpg (87.2 KB, 6 views)

Last edited by DeeGeMe; 11-23-2008 at 09:17 PM.. Reason: to add link
Old 11-25-2008, 02:49 PM
Registered

My most recent extra-happy-making find was snagging the Tusk documentary on laserdisc for 7 bucks on eBay.

I have a ton of stuff - some people have one shrine-type room or maybe a wall or a section of a wall, but I'm insane, and have several different areas of the house dedicated to certain stuff - like the Wall o' Stevie in the dining room which just is floor to ceiling framed albums, and the one wall in the living room dedicated solely to black & white photos.

Some of my other favorite items:

12" x 12" Rumours album cover mirror

12 inch promo single of If Anyone Falls in mint condition (I love my Edge of Seventeen and Stop Draggin' 12 inch singles, too, but the IAF was much harder to get ahold of)

A little clock made from the Baktabak "Fleetwood Mac in Conversation" CD - it looks goofy, but it allows me to harass my children - "Mom, what time is it?" "Quarter past Lindsey." "Ugh."

I also recently scored 13 issues of the "Rumours" fanzine on eBay. I've had a blast looking through all of them and reading fan reactions and such.

All the same, baby. All the same.

"You never know what I'll do. I've resequenced my show. I'm a master at sequencing. I'm the one who sequenced for Fleetwood Mac. I sequenced 'Rumours.' Everyone loves my sequences. They're fun.''
Old 11-25-2008, 03:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Heart

Three album red vinyl set Uncirculated Rumours
The Dance Pop-up press kit
Tusk Tourbook
OSOTM Tourbook
Buckingham Nicks on vinyl gatefold
Lindsey Buckingham Slow Dancing and Go Insane vinyl 12 in. maxi singles with picture sleeves
Buckingham Nicks Crying in the Night 7 inch vinyl single with picture sleeve
Westwood One Radio Fleetwood Mac Mirage concert at the Forum 1982 4 vinyl discs
The Chain Box Set
My twenty five years in Fleetwood Mac hard cover picture book by Mick Fleetwood
VHS copy of Fleetwood Mac Live In Concert Mirage 1982

These are all my favorites and there are stories behind all my discoveries that still touch my heart. I have enjoyed reading what everyone treasures.

"Live, Eat and Breathe Music...."

Unleashed 2009
Old 11-25-2008, 03:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
Okay...I'm truly envious of the 4 x 4 promo poster. I need that hanging in my living room!
I once had the same format poster for Tusk. From my local record store. It didn't survive a storageperiod (leaking attic). It was stored because the girl I lived with didn't want it on the wall. Of course Í should have left immediately.

Oh, and I once bought B/N for 1 guilder in a second hand store. Back then it was like 40 dollarcents.

Last edited by shackin'up; 11-25-2008 at 03:18 PM..
Old 11-26-2008, 06:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Lets see if I can recall from memory some finds....
--Japan Rumours tourbook, very small but very cool and rare. Color photos...found ad in Goldmine magazine. It was for $25.00 (plus postage of course so maybe 30.00) Not bad cause to me its more rare than the regular Rumours tourbook.
--Everything You Ever Wanted to Know About Stevie Nicks book. Someone was selling there collection. For $25.00 in mint condition. cool & rare.
--A very kind & special person to whom I've been writing to since the Belle Fluer/Mirror, Mirror fanzine days (mid-90's)...he'd sent me tons of free stuff/photos/rare color copies of outtakes & the most special of all he 'gave' me his extra 3-D Wild Heart tour card (the black one/Stevie standing up)....He didn't want anything for it. I'd had been looking for this like forever. This was a couple of yrs ago. These go for alot. Like $500.00 and up. It means more than the $$ to me....I've not ever had anyone do something like that for me....It'll not ever be forgotten either.....
--Well, bought off ebay the Rhiannon poster for $50.00...its a high # but thats ok. Its a rare poster so to me thats a deal.....
I'm sure theres other 'steals & deals' but its hard to recall them all.....& I've paid some $$ for items as well so those aren't the deals....like we all have. Anyway...thanks to all whom have written in this thread....its an interesting read thats for sure...Thanks for sharing the info.....Happy Thanksgiving to all too.....
..."There is a legend passed down through the ages...down through the crystal visions...down through the crystal clear-water fountain...the charmed ones remain...They are mine (you remain...ooh)...."