Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Christine McVie
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-11-2013, 12:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Question What does Christine prefer?

What does Christine prefer to write and perform, blues or pop? I've read things that seemed to suggest two different things.
Old 03-11-2013, 05:21 AM
Senior Ledgie

Default Chris singing Blues, Pop and Classical

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbird View Post
What does Christine prefer to write and perform, blues or pop? I've read things that seemed to suggest two different things.
Chris would be wonderful mixing Blues, Pop and Classical, kind of like the Electric Light Orchestra (ELO), but staying in the big Mac.

Bet ya she would be a natural singing lead like Jeff Lynne for ELO. The trouble would be having Stevie playing a string instrument like a Violin along with a muzzle around her mouth.

Maybe her opening song could be "Out of The Blue" her other songs might be " Last Train To London" and her closing song (replacing Song bird) could be "It's Over".
Old 03-12-2013, 11:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
The trouble would be having Stevie playing a string instrument like a Violin along with a muzzle around her mouth.
That's hilarious!
Old 03-24-2013, 10:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbird View Post
I ask what do you prefer to listen. Rock? Pop? Blues? Country? But also I ask.. did you always prefer the same? I would answer no. I was more in the pop, disco groove when I was an very young teen. Then I entered more into rock, progressive. And I've had periods of classical, eletronic, world music, folklore, criolla, etc...

Based on that logic, probably Christine had different periods too.
Old 04-01-2013, 09:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie

She said she doesn't listen to modern music, she listens to old blues music back during an interview in '03. I would think blues, but to see her rockin out to Isn't It Midnight, or Don't Stop, Go Your Own Way etc... looks like she enjoys that too.
Old 04-04-2013, 02:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitewingdove View Post
She said she doesn't listen to modern music, she listens to old blues music back during an interview in '03. I would think blues, but to see her rockin out to Isn't It Midnight, or Don't Stop, Go Your Own Way etc... looks like she enjoys that too.
And it seems that she also listens to a lot of classical music nowadays! This is part of a 2004 interview I've read some months ago:

Quote:
Another favourite album of McVie's is Pet Sounds, the Beach Boys' orchestral pop masterpiece that was made by Brian Wilson while the rest of the band was on tour. Dennis was the only Beach Boy to applaud Brian's great work. "Dennis loved Pet Sounds because he had an undercurrent of genius himself, but he couldn't control it." (....)
McVie runs through a few more of her favourite albums - Revolver by the Beatles, anything by the American blues singer Freddie King, with whom she once played, Raspberry Beret by Prince - before confessing that she hardly ever listens to pop music these days. Classic FM is on the radio when she's cooking.
One album that has stayed with her, though, is Gaucho by Steely Dan. "It sounds like very sexy music to me, much more so than their earlier albums, and every time I listen to it I hear something else in there. Since then they have been plagiarising themselves. But that's OK; I think they've earned the right. If you can't plagiarise yourself, who can you plagiarise?"

(source: http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2004/jun/18/1)

Last edited by Chris_Lover; 04-04-2013 at 02:52 PM..