Old 03-08-2015, 01:46 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Fleetwood Mac 2015-03-01 Erwin Center Austin, TX aud

http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-d....php?id=520971

Fleetwood Mac
The Erwin Center
Austin, TX
2015-03-01

Audience->Schoeps MK4-Tinybox-Sony PCM-M10-cdwav->Traders Little Helper->mp3tag for tagging->recorded by seedy
Recording location - section 81 row 9 - almost nosebleed

01 - The Chain
02 - You Make Loving Fun
03 - Dreams
04 - Second Hand News
05 - Rhiannon
06 - Everywhere
07 - banter
08 - I Know I’m Not Wrong
09 - Tusk
10 - Sisters of the Moon
11 - Say You Love Me
12 - Seven Wonders
13 - banter
14 - Big Love
15 - Landslide
16 - Never Going Back Again
17 - Over My Head
18 - banter Gypsy intro
19 - Gypsy
20 - Little Lies
21 - Gold Dust Woman
22 - I’m So Afraid
23 - Go Your Own Way
24 - crowd
25 - World Turning
26 - band intros
27 - Don’t Stop
28 - Silver Springs
29 - crowd
30 - Songbird
31 - banter

http://www.austinchronicle.com/daily...-erwin-center/

Fleetwood Mac Bewitches the Frank Erwin Center
A triumphant return for the Fab Five
BY RAOUL HERNANDEZ, 12:47PM, MON. MAR. 2
If ever an arena rock band made a convincing case for its own unplugged club tour, it was Fleetwood Mac Sunday night at the Frank Erwin Center. At the hour mark of an epic, 160-minute, 23-song show, a stripped down mini set cushioned the stillness and enduring beauty of songs known to all. Rockers age – musicians, compositions – but intimacy never grows old.

At the collective age of 338, Fleetwood Mac – Mick Fleetwood, 67, John McVie, 69, Christine McVie, 71, Stevie Nicks, 66, and Lindsey Buckingham, 65 – creak where they used to coke, but the longer they cajoled the sold-out Red River Drum, now choked by the surrounding construction of UT’s Dell Medical School, the more convincing they became. By the end of the marathon performance, you could almost believe the group’s late-Seventies heyday had returned – no worse for the wear and tear.
Opening with four straight tunes from their magnum opus, 1977’s Rumours, of which only two songs were omitted live, F-Mac’s shadow band couldn’t quite even out the headliners. Two auxiliary guitarists, three backup singers, and an unintroduced second drummer sitting behind Fleetwood’s gong augmented the all-star quintet, Nicks in elevated shoes and high heels to rival Seventies Kiss, which may or may not have explained stage moves best described as arthritic. When the band flubbed the opening to second song “You Making Loving Fun,” its author and singer, Christine McVie, shrugged helplessly across the stage to first guitarist Lindsey Buckingham.

On the succeeding “Second Hand News,” Buckingham proved he’s still F-Mac’s spark, its bark and bite. Nicks’ voice, husky now where once it spooked smoky, shook off some rust on “Rhiannon.” Her sister of the moon in the band, McVie – returned after a nearly two-decade hiatus – proved best in voice, her vocal showcases “Everywhere,” “Little Lies,” and solo show closer on piano, “Songbird,” recalling her maiden name: Perfect.
“A prophetic and profound new chapter in the band,” announced Buckingham in welcoming back the former Christine Anne Perfect, a sentiment later echoed by Nicks and Fleetwood.
“Tusk,” featuring many horns and backing tracks not played live onstage – and accompanied by the best use of video graphics that throughout the show could only be termed screen savers – and album mate “Sisters of the Moon” bottled still-underrated Rumours follow-up Tusk. “Go Your Own Way” to close the main set never took flight, and the drum solo in “World Turning” came too late in the show. “Don’t Stop” transcended even the band given its political overtones of the last peaceful presidency this country has enjoyed in 35 years.

At the heart of the evening beat five crystalline selections that surpassed the pomp of a classic rock concert. Buckingham’s solo acoustic delivery of “Big Love,” which then segued into a duet with Nicks on “Landslide,” and back out into his mostly unaccompanied “Never Going Back Again” brought a hush to even the FEC rafters. McVie’s stilling “Over My Head,” for which Fleetwood took to a stripped drum kit center stage, unearthed Rumours precursor Fleetwood Mac.
Even then, Nicks’ Mirage marker “Gypsy” eclipsed the whole portion with a heartfelt reminisce of her roots in San Francisco’s mid-Sixties music scene – opening to Hendrix, Joplin, Santana, CCR – and a truly bewitching vocal.

Remaining was an elongated, psych-tinged delve into her “Gold Dust Woman,” Buckingham’s trademark guitar showcase “I’m So Afraid” (also from Fleetwood Mac), and his searing solos on both. If Tusk remains under-appreciated, the guitarist’s preternatural ability on six strings is still criminally unheralded. No matter, really.

"To acknowledge death is to accept freedom and responsibility."

"Fleetwood Mac and its fans remind me of a toilet plunger...keep bringing up old sh*t..."
Old 03-18-2015, 09:33 PM
Senior Ledgie

Default Charlottesville, VA

I hope a better recording of this show will surface but until then enjoy this one. Recorded with my lecture recorder, it may fall into the completist only category. The concert is in one continuous mp3 file and is missing Big Love.

https://mega.co.nz/#!ghtBHS4B!jIvf9N...sJqSftkC149bXk
There is always magic to be summoned at any point. I love to live in a world of magic, but not a fake world of magic. We all really basically have a lot of magic....it's only those of us that choose to accept it, that really understand it. It's there for everyone. That's the only thing that I feel that I am able to give to people and that's why I know that they respond to me because I try to give them only their own magic...not mine, but theirs.
~Stevie Nicks, Jim Ladd Innerview, 1979
Old 03-19-2015, 07:51 AM
Senior Ledgie

Sunrise, Florida 12/19/14
http://www.adrive.com/public/2s8wZJ/...FL12-19-14.rar

Dallas, Texas 3/4/15
http://www.adrive.com/public/rgamS5/...2CTX3-4-15.rar

Austin, Texas 3/1/15
http://www.adrive.com/public/kJk8BN/...2CTX3-1-15.rar

Buffalo, New York 1/31/15
http://www.adrive.com/public/qpV7eb/...CNY1-31-15.rar

Des Moines, Iowa 2/11/15
http://www.adrive.com/public/HzyUN3/...CIA2-11-15.rar

"I think animal testing is a terrible idea. They get all nervous and give silly answers."--Stephen Fry, A Bit of Fry & Laurie
Old 03-19-2015, 07:56 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by denny23220 View Post
I hope a better recording of this show will surface but until then enjoy this one. Recorded with my lecture recorder, it may fall into the completist only category. The concert is in one continuous mp3 file and is missing Big Love.

https://mega.co.nz/#!ghtBHS4B!jIvf9N...sJqSftkC149bXk
Thank you! Downloading now. I'm sure the recording is awesome and can't wait to hear it!!

"I think animal testing is a terrible idea. They get all nervous and give silly answers."--Stephen Fry, A Bit of Fry & Laurie
Old 03-19-2015, 09:08 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Thank you so much! Especially Sunrise, FL...I'm sure that must not have been easy to do. Much appreciated!
Old 05-31-2015, 09:48 PM
Ledgie

Can someone suggest, of all of these shows, if I just want to download one, which one has the best sound quality? Thank all of you for all your hard work on these!
Old 06-06-2015, 07:04 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevieforever View Post
Can someone suggest, of all of these shows, if I just want to download one, which one has the best sound quality? Thank all of you for all your hard work on these!
29-10-2014 Wells Fargo Centre is quite ok, if you'd ask me.
Old 06-28-2015, 09:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie

The IOW show and some Christine's 1984 shows are up on Throwndown if cant access the Dime.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 07-02-2015, 03:23 AM
Senior Ledgie

Anyone have a recording for 1st July Manchester show? A guy behind me was definitely recording with mics sitting on top of his ears.
Old 07-12-2015, 11:26 AM
Addicted Ledgie

FM at The Hydro Glasgow UK show is up at throwndown.

Old 09-26-2015, 01:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Please note:For those of you that use Adrive cloud drive for storing files .They are stopping their free basic service as of Oct 16-2015.

If you want to retrieve anything that you uploaded be yourself for backup.Better do it now before the 16th of October.

Old 09-26-2015, 12:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfanforever View Post
Please note:For those of you that use Adrive cloud drive for storing files .They are stopping their free basic service as of Oct 16-2015.

If you want to retrieve anything that you uploaded be yourself for backup.Better do it now before the 16th of October.
MSN's hotmail informed me it is changing its service in some odd way on that date. I wonder what is going on in the FCC community?
Old 10-14-2015, 12:57 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
MSN's hotmail informed me it is changing its service in some odd way on that date. I wonder what is going on in the FCC community?
Thats a good question.I'm on other cloud drives and no notice from them.Adrive and MSN Hotmail are not related as I know of.

Old 10-25-2015, 01:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Sydney 22nd october

For those who know how to handle torrents, the october 22nd Sydney-show is on Dime-A-Dozen:

http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-d....php?id=543814
Old 10-25-2015, 01:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SorcererJP View Post
For those who know how to handle torrents, the october 22nd Sydney-show is on Dime-A-Dozen:

http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-d....php?id=543814
Also on throwndown too.